talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brentford 1-2 Leeds - Sunday 22nd May, 2022

• Administrator

Kick-off 16.00 (BST)

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Brentford_FC_crest.svg.png       VS     1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
05/12/2021 - Leeds 2-2 Brentford
11/02/2020 - Brentford 1-1 Leeds (Championship)
21/08/2019 - Leeds 1-0 Brentford (Championship)

Recent Form
Brentford - WWLDW
Leeds - DLLLD

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting one this. I hope Mads Bech doesn't start as he really struggled with the intensity of the Everton game, in fact if he hadn't of been on and we had a centre back with more composure I think we take control of that game a lot sooner and without controversy. But these are all learning experiences for Mads and it is difficult to come into the first team in the way he is called into.

Leeds absolutely have to win, at least from the beginning until the Burnley result comes trickling in. I imagine they will come at us and we will allow them to have more possession so that we can hit them on the transition with Eriksen and Jensen's passing range, most likely with Mbeumo and Wissa on the counter attack with Toney.

I can't call this game though, we won't be lying down for anyone but with that said it's a game of us trying to stay professional for the final game of the season vs a team fighting for their lives. Our form has been pretty phenomenal since Eriksen came to the club though and I imagine he will want to see the lost game off this season in style, especially as it's at home.

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Unfortunately, I think so. Nothing against @Danny but I’d much much rather Leeds stay up over Burnley. 

I prefer Leeds as well but I can't see Brentford or Newcastle treating these games as "on the beach games", especially Brentford at home, their fans will not appreciate that.

31 minutes ago, Rick said:

Unfortunately, I think so. Nothing against @Danny but I’d much much rather Leeds stay up over Burnley. 

I get that. Prior to Dyche’s sacking I wanted Burnley to stay up as they consistently punch above their weight financially. Plus the style of football was beautifully jarring. But now Dyche has been sacked I’m not so sure on them.

On the other hand I don’t particularly dislike Leeds but if we were to relegate them then whether Frank says it out loud or not he will definitely have the last laugh over them after the mind the gap Thomas Frank song.

On a separate note I’m not sure I even care that much for Leeds now they’ve sacked Bielsa. They should have stuck with him, I genuinely think he’d have got them out of this and would be able to progress them next season too.

23 hours ago, Mel81x said:

@Lucas whats the general feeling around there about you guys pushing for a win here?

I'm actually on my way home now from a wedding in Leeds and I would say 80% of people there who were Leeds fans think we're down, including myself.

We are absolutely due a huge piece of luck after the season we've had and we need it today. The fans don't deserve relegation but we've got to earn it on the pitch.

The only thing going for us is the fact we could pissobly stay up with a draw today if Newcastle turn over Burnley but we have to assume they get something.

Shit or bust. Not confident. We'll see what happens.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Jesse Marsch

Friday : Patrick Bamford has looked really good all week in training

Sunday : Bamford out with Covid.

That perfectly encapsulates this season.

I hope the gods are with you today buddy and I hope you stay up, I didn't like the way the Burnley board just dumped Sean Dyche and I hope they go down just because of that.

Watching this as this could be a more interesting game than the others in all honesty (in summary, Liverpool and Man City will win regardles, while Leeds must win this to have a chance of staying up).

Leeds will have to attack, leaving them open for Brentford to counter. Should be a good game.

It’s been a fairly close game tbh, Leeds in control to begin with, then midway throughish we’ve taken more control. No real clear cut chances either way aside from the offside.

As I write that Mbeumo has a clear cut chance to give us the lead

• The title was changed to Brentford 0-0 Leeds - Sunday 22nd May, 2022
20 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Mbuemo should have scored there. Clearly being paid off to keep Leeds in the prem. So unprofessional. :ph34r:

I wish that was the case, otherwise he’s have about 20 goals this season by nowxD

• The title was changed to Brentford 1-2 Leeds - Sunday 22nd May, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived