talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brentford 1-2 Leeds - Sunday 22nd May, 2022

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Congratulations @Lucas, welcome to the party.

Commiserations to @Claret and Blue. Burnley will be back I'm sure. Never easy to see your team get relegated and particularly devastating when the dial has shifted so many times between different teams this season. 

Burnley won't be anywhere. Pope will leave. Tarkowski 100 % fucking off. Mee won't sign new deal. Taylor will go. 

We've got owners who will fuck the club over big time.. 

Simply not been good enough all year. Jackson bottled it putting five at the back the bell end 

Well played Leeds and Everton. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do NOT want to go through that again anytime soon. FUCK ME...

Shaking like a shitting dog all bloody game but when the chips were down, we've done it and got two massive breaks in one game. I said we were due some luck and we can't complain, we got it.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy but the overriding feeling is relief. A great way to end a fucking arsehole of a season. I am glad for a rest now though 😅

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Shaking like a shitting dog all bloody game but when the chips were down, we've done it and got two massive breaks in one game. I said we were due some luck and we can't complain, we got it.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy but the overriding feeling is relief. A great way to end a fucking arsehole of a season. I am glad for a rest now though 😅

Did it encapsulate your season ;)

Genuinely glad for you. Such an emotional roller-coaster across the season let alone riding all the emotions on the final day within 90 mental minutes. 

50 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

Burnley won't be anywhere. Pope will leave. Tarkowski 100 % fucking off. Mee won't sign new deal. Taylor will go. 

We've got owners who will fuck the club over big time.. 

Simply not been good enough all year. Jackson bottled it putting five at the back the bell end 

Well played Leeds and Everton. 

Pope looks quite good

31 minutes ago, Lucas said:

well at least you keep Raphina and phillips

2 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

Pope is class he's proven himself season after season. Nearly won golden glove not long back too 

we need a debravka upgrade.  we have told man u to get fucked with their 40m demand for Henderson, we also told Leverkusen to fly a kite on their 100m demand for Diaby.

1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

we need a debravka upgrade.  we have told man u to get fucked with their 40m demand for Henderson, we also told Leverkusen to fly a kite on their 100m demand for Diaby.

Trust me pope is better then Henderson and will cost less 

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Congrats on staying up mate... close call 

It's probably his last game for us but fair play, he put in a great shift today and demanded the ball.

20220522_184435.jpg

Deserves this moment and will really blossom in a superior team.

Must also add, no one has used more kids than us this season and in the face of adversity, they have stood tall and done us proud in the really tough moments. Gelhardt and Greenwood today were both brilliant examples of that. This experience will do wonders for them next season.

Screenshot_20220522-205820_Instagram.jpg

This was a bit of a weird game for us, we didn't really turn up in the first half. Whether it was just a slow start or one eye on the Summer we just didn't get going, Leeds controlled half of it and then we took more control and had the Mbeumo chance but really the first half was just a bit slow altogether.

We came out in the second half and we didn't really look threatened by Leeds but then we had a stupid moment and gave away a penalty under little pressure really. They took it and scored well. Thomas Frank decides that he wants us to try and win and so takes a risk, between the 58th minute and 71st minute we make three changes that all start to change the shape of the game. First sub Josh Dasilva comes on for Mathias Jensen who suffered an injury, Sergi Canos comes on for Rico Henry who didn't look good today and then Shandon Baptiste comes on for Mads Bech Sorensen. After these changes are made we have more control of the ball in deeper positions and begin to create phases of play down the wings, I think if the team stays at it did then there's a good chance we relegate Leeds.

Frank's risk backfires as Ajer suffers an injury and has to leave the pitch, leaving us to play the rest of the game with 10 men. Leeds then do something extremely stupid, as we are essentially in our own half with the ball and a man down they decide to full press us, completely opens them up and we play a couple passes through before scoring. Sergi Canos equalises and it was a really really well crafted goal, beautiful header. Then for some reason thinks about taking his shirt off and then does it, gets a yellow card. Don't think much of it.

Moments later Canos is closing down Raphinha who does not need to be tackled, just shown down the channel, for some reason Canos just sticks a leg into Raphinha with no hope of getting the ball and sees a second yellow. We're now down to 9 men after equalising. We play the rest of the half out well tbh and were unlucky to lose it in the end, but with that said it was a deserving winning goal from Leeds. Absolutely bafflling game on a day that means very little to us in the grand scheme of things.

I think if this game gets played over and over again we probably snatch a win, it was starting to go that way, somehow Leeds found a glitch in the Matrix, Canos got sent off to put us down to 9 men and they secured their safety through a goal that I've just seen took a deflection to go in. Mental.

@Lucas where did you find the time machine and what did you do in the future to cause this absolute clusterfuck of luck? xD

10 hours ago, Danny said:

This was a bit of a weird game for us, we didn't really turn up in the first half. Whether it was just a slow start or one eye on the Summer we just didn't get going, Leeds controlled half of it and then we took more control and had the Mbeumo chance but really the first half was just a bit slow altogether.

We came out in the second half and we didn't really look threatened by Leeds but then we had a stupid moment and gave away a penalty under little pressure really. They took it and scored well. Thomas Frank decides that he wants us to try and win and so takes a risk, between the 58th minute and 71st minute we make three changes that all start to change the shape of the game. First sub Josh Dasilva comes on for Mathias Jensen who suffered an injury, Sergi Canos comes on for Rico Henry who didn't look good today and then Shandon Baptiste comes on for Mads Bech Sorensen. After these changes are made we have more control of the ball in deeper positions and begin to create phases of play down the wings, I think if the team stays at it did then there's a good chance we relegate Leeds.

Frank's risk backfires as Ajer suffers an injury and has to leave the pitch, leaving us to play the rest of the game with 10 men. Leeds then do something extremely stupid, as we are essentially in our own half with the ball and a man down they decide to full press us, completely opens them up and we play a couple passes through before scoring. Sergi Canos equalises and it was a really really well crafted goal, beautiful header. Then for some reason thinks about taking his shirt off and then does it, gets a yellow card. Don't think much of it.

Moments later Canos is closing down Raphinha who does not need to be tackled, just shown down the channel, for some reason Canos just sticks a leg into Raphinha with no hope of getting the ball and sees a second yellow. We're now down to 9 men after equalising. We play the rest of the half out well tbh and were unlucky to lose it in the end, but with that said it was a deserving winning goal from Leeds. Absolutely bafflling game on a day that means very little to us in the grand scheme of things.

I think if this game gets played over and over again we probably snatch a win, it was starting to go that way, somehow Leeds found a glitch in the Matrix, Canos got sent off to put us down to 9 men and they secured their safety through a goal that I've just seen took a deflection to go in. Mental.

@Lucas where did you find the time machine and what did you do in the future to cause this absolute clusterfuck of luck? xD

As I said before, we have had a shite season but we've also had an incredible amount of bad luck. The fact Bamford of all people was fit and trained all week by Friday only to turn positive for Covid and ruled out by Sunday typified this season really. If our first team stays fit majority of the season, we do not enter this mess and Bielsa stays. It was just carnage after carnage.

I did think after that lovely bit of football and Gelhardt's finish first half to go 1 up and VAR just to deny it first half, we've been on the wrong end of enough of those things, it was going to be another one of those days but to get two massive breaks with Raya and Canos was huge.

I think it will probably sting you a bit we've won that as you had the opportunity to bury us, I think a lot of your fanbase would have enjoyed it, but you have to look at Canos really, he's cost you at a time you did well to equalise. As you said it was so needless and it came as a shock when nothing much was really happening.

As for Canos, he's always been a little weasil in our games and I always think back to that sneaky headbutt on the back of Alioski when his back was turned a couple years ago, he finally had his cumuppance and it couldn't have happened at a finer moment so a glass of red should be raised to him.

20220522_224543.jpg

If I'm honest, I thought it was a bit of an average game today. Had it been 0-0, I'd not have complained, it felt a bit like one. You looked a bit like you were ready for a break and we looked nervy which is understandable. Quality was few and far between.

It was all very much half chances that were either snatched at with no composure flying over and wide or poor quality in the final third. Mbuemo especially guilty of that.

9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

As for Canos, he's always been a little weasil in our games and I always think back to that sneaky headbutt on the back of Alioski when his back was turned a couple years ago, he finally had his cumuppance and it couldn't have happened at a finer moment so a glass of red should be raised to him.

Agree with this.  Canos is a dirty fucker and he was long overdue for a red.  Glad it came now when Leeds needed it most.

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

As I said before, we have had a shite season but we've also had an incredible amount of bad luck. The fact Bamford of all people was fit and trained all week by Friday only to turn positive for Covid and ruled out by Sunday typified this season really. If our first team stays fit majority of the season, we do not enter this mess and Bielsa stays. It was just carnage after carnage.

I did think after that lovely bit of football and Gelhardt's finish first half to go 1 up and VAR just to deny it first half, we've been on the wrong end of enough of those things, it was going to be another one of those days but to get two massive breaks with Raya and Canos was huge.

I think it will probably sting you a bit we've won that as you had the opportunity to bury us, I think a lot of your fanbase would have enjoyed it, but you have to look at Canos really, he's cost you at a time you did well to equalise. As you said it was so needless and it came as a shock when nothing much was really happening.

20220522_224543.jpg

If I'm honest, I thought it was a bit of an average game today. Had it been 0-0, I'd not have complained, it felt a bit like one. You looked a bit like you were ready for a break and we looked nervy which is understandable. Quality was few and far between.

It was all very much half chances that were either snatched at with no composure flying over and wide or poor quality in the final third. Mbuemo especially guilty of that.

Yeah you've defo had some bad luck, was just having a laugh there mate, as I was writing it out SSN showed the highlights and as I was writing out what had happened I then saw Jack Harrison's winner was actually a deflection which made it all seem even madder. That game is the one example of "it all evens itself out" as it seemed to all even out for you over the space of 45 minutes.

Being honest I think most of our fanbase are just happy we've stayed up, it would have been icing on the cake to send you down of course with the history behind us both. But I think we're at a point now where we're wondering if Christian Eriksen will renew with us which is a massive jump to where we were a few years ago alongside yourselves.

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Yeah you've defo had some bad luck, was just having a laugh there mate, as I was writing it out SSN showed the highlights and as I was writing out what had happened I then saw Jack Harrison's winner was actually a deflection which made it all seem even madder. That game is the one example of "it all evens itself out" as it seemed to all even out for you over the space of 45 minutes.

Being honest I think most of our fanbase are just happy we've stayed up, it would have been icing on the cake to send you down of course with the history behind us both. But I think we're at a point now where we're wondering if Christian Eriksen will renew with us which is a massive jump to where we were a few years ago alongside yourselves.

It's a key summer. The Erikson one is going to be tough I think, especially if Spurs come in. Even a side challenging for honours will tempt him. If you keep him fair play but I feel it might be a losing battle.

What I would say is, and you may well have acknowledged this yourself, but it's important to evolve and keep improving the side. You can get attached to players, particularly after winning promotion and then having a decent season up, but you need to make the necessary improvements also to keep the club going forward.

For example, I think quality either side of Toney are two big areas to target. Not convinced on Mbuemo myself from what I've seen this season. Wissa, I probably haven't seen enough of to be fair. If Forest don't go up, you have to target Brennan Johnson as much as we have to if we lose Raphinha in my eyes.

A solid back up to Toney also. If you lost him, I think you'd stuggle like we have having only Bamford for 5% of the season.

Other than that, when Pinnock is there you have a good set up defensively with Ajer and Pontus  and Norgaard in front, but you may need some more craft particularly if you lose Erikson.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

It's a key summer. The Erikson one is going to be tough I think, especially if Spurs come in. Even a side challenging for honours will tempt him. If you keep him fair play but I feel it might be a losing battle.

What I would say is, and you may well have acknowledged this yourself, but it's important to evolve and keep improving the side. You can get attached to players, particularly after winning promotion and then having a decent season up, but you need to make the necessary improvements also to keep the club going forward.

For example, I think quality either side of Toney are two big areas to target. Not convinced on Mbuemo myself from what I've seen this season. Wissa, I probably haven't seen enough of to be fair. If Forest don't go up, you have to target Brennan Johnson as much as we have to if we lose Raphinha in my eyes.

A solid back up to Toney also. If you lost him, I think you'd stuggle like we have having only Bamford for 5% of the season.

Other than that, when Pinnock is there you have a good set up defensively with Ajer and Pontus  and Norgaard in front, but you may need some more craft particularly if you lose Erikson.

Attachment is one thing you can't struggle with as a Brentford fan, we've seen too many quality players get sold and replaced.

I do agree with you regarding the squad depth, and specifically up front is something I spoke a lot about pre-season.

Ivan Toney has stepped up to this level in both goals, build up play and defensive attitude. Bryan Mbeumo despite his poor showing in front of goal is very good at stretching defences, running in behind and pressing the opposition. Yoane Wissa has taken a while to settle in, partly because he has suffered an injury but also partly because we didn't revert from the 352 formation for a long while. But he scored 10 goals in what must be the shortest goals to minutes ratio in the league. As a front three they work well together, Toney gets most of the goals, Bryan gets most of the assists and Wissa is sort of a go between. But we are missing out on depth there. We can use our midfield options to change the shape and push Josh Dasilva onto the left wing if needed, so with that in mind I think we need at least 2 strikers to come in with one who can try and push either Mbeumo or Wissa out of the starting eleven.

Away from that I do think we have good midfield options but having seen how good Eriksen has been, we should be open to trying to bring in someone who can make the sort of difference he has even if they're not as good. But Dasilva will be playing fresh next season rather than recovering from a long term injury so hopefully he will make the step up as the others have.

Completely agree with you defensively. Zanka will be leaving in the Summer who was brought in as cover, but our biggest issue this season hasn't been lack of cover for Ethan Pinnock, it has been lack of a first team right back. That is why Ajer has had to cover so often, leaving our centre back options a bit more exposed if we suffer an injury. We need a first choice right back and imo a cover who play both lwb and rwb. Then that leaves Jansson, Ajer, Pinnock and Mads Bech to it.

Random one @Danny but do Brentford sell out the new ground or is it easy to get tickets on general sale?

Reason I ask is, over the past few days I've seen quite a few videos from Leeds fans at the game filming the goals or whatever, sitting in the Brentford ends.

I was surprised they managed to get in there but its not till you watch you notice little pockets of fans jumping up when we score in various parts of the ground. I was quite surprised.

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Random one @Danny but do Brentford sell out the new ground or is it easy to get tickets on general sale?

Reason I ask is, over the past few days I've seen quite a few videos from Leeds fans at the game filming the goals or whatever, sitting in the Brentford ends.

I was surprised they managed to get in there but its not till you watch you notice little pockets of fans jumping up when we score in various parts of the ground. I was quite surprised.

10 seconds after securing another season of top flight football by the skin of your balls and you're already back at the game of telling other clubs their small time. xD

Chad move. 

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Tickets first go to season ticket holders to buy extras, which usually takes out a fair chunk of the ground. Then I believe there are two seperate tiers of club members with ticket access points, I’m in the first tier and I would say most games come close to selling out, or do sell out when I want to buy a ticket.

I can only imagine people have sold their tickets on in what was really a nothing game for us overall.

Not seen any images/videos though and not really kept in touch with fan media/forums as they’re normally pretty hot on this sort of stuff 

52 minutes ago, Danny said:

Tickets first go to season ticket holders to buy extras, which usually takes out a fair chunk of the ground. Then I believe there are two seperate tiers of club members with ticket access points, I’m in the first tier and I would say most games come close to selling out, or do sell out when I want to buy a ticket.

I can only imagine people have sold their tickets on in what was really a nothing game for us overall.

Not seen any images/videos though and not really kept in touch with fan media/forums as they’re normally pretty hot on this sort of stuff 

Makes sense. Either that or I was thinking they have made their way onto third party sites which we have had a problem with this season ourselves.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived