talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ibrahim Sangare - Linked with Liverpool

https://www.ed.nl/psv/scouts-van-liverpool-bekijken-psv-middenvelder-ibrahim-sangare~ab35f04c/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialsharing_web&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2F

he plays in midfield for PSV. That's all I know other than this Dutch paper's linked us with him with a journo that's supposedly reputable with PSV news.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Thought he was very good when we played them in ECL last month.

Actually reminded me of Ndidi - a very dominating presence, physical, ball-winner and decent on the ball.

Did get caught behind the play on a few occasions due to poor positioning but you could tell he had a good amount of talent. 

We were linked with him recently, as were Newcastle.

I can imagine if Oxlade-Chamberlain is going, and Milner not getting any younger, he'd be a good acquisition for you. He'd carry the defensive responsibilities while others around/infront of him do the creative work...

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Beautiful. You lot get Sangare. We get Tchouameni. 

Everyone wins. 

And we get Houssem Aouar when Tielemans leaves. Everyone does win!

Is he a DM then? Depending if Naby stays or not, we could do with some more creativity in the midfield position. Other than Thiago, it’s only really Naby who can be relied upon. Curtis Jones still has the chance to be that player, but he needs to mature a bit quicker than he has, it’s not been a good season for him. 

That being said, if he is a quality player who Klopp and the gang like, then I’m all for it. 

I've been a fan of him since his Toulouse days. I wanted us to take a chance on him at the beginning of the season before he went to PSV. He was brilliant physically and defensively and always tried to progress the ball with carries and passes but the problem was his execution of the passes he had in mind, so he was a bit raw. He's improved that part of his game a lot this season and I'm not surprised to see big clubs after him.

Archived