talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Summer 2022 Transfer Window - General Chat

was watching a YouTube blogger claim that he hear on good source that Newcastle will confirm the signings of Dean Henderson, Matt Targett and James Tarkowski on 10 June with two others which is rumoured to be Dybala coming to Tyneside for talks and Hugo Ekitike.

Thankfully it is just rumour as there is not a lot of ambition there.

Henderson, overrated English keeper that can't get ahead of an aging Spaniard.

Targett has done well but we have been burned by the bringing loanees back bug to many times.  Dan Ashworth wants Marc Cucarella (i wonder why).  Targett would be a good back up LB or Fulham also want him.  if we turn down the 15m option then Villa will sell him to Fulham for a lot more.

Tarkowski, a back up to Schar?

Hugo Ekitike is a project, he has tools but he is not something you gamble a build upon.  25m is a lot for a project.

Dybala I thought Spurs got him, maybe they will sign him for excessive wages to be oft injured.

this is basically quantity over quality

• The title was changed to Summer 2022 Transfer Window - General Chat
  • The topic was pinned
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many Brazilians can you fit into a team?  

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/05/22/newcastle-united-lucas-paqueta-lyon-bruno-guimaraes/

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/05/21/report-42m-atletico-madrid-player-has-decided-to-join-newcastle/

That will take our head count up to 4 Brazilians,  we have also been linked to Gerson Bremer,  Raphinia, Tete and even Antony in our search for a left footed right winger. 

• Subscriber

Rumours are that Everton have offered Tarkowski a three-year deal on £90,000 a week. Seems steep for his age, but then maybe £90,000 isn't that much anymore and if you look at the finances it is offset somewhat by the fact there's no transfer fee involved. He is a good player, but given what we've seen over the past few years I'm never going to be comfortable seeing us offer £90,000 contracts to 29 year old players.

It's also rumoured that Newcastle or Aston Villa (can't remember which) are gunning for him as well and are actually offering £120,000. If there's any truth in that we should be out of that fight immediately, far too much.

Rumours on our end as well that Yerry Mina could be off to AC Milan this summer. Not sure how reliable. We're definitely targeting a centre back though and although Mina is our best defender, the club are looking at him as someone to cash in on as he's got one more year on his contract, his injury record is abysmal and he's one of the club's highest earners.

• Subscriber

As far as I know our FFP problems carry into this transfer window again. Our summer will depend a lot on whether there's a serious assault on Pickford, Calvert-Lewin or Richarlison. I imagine the club would like to keep hold of all three and might be able to raise the funds by shifting a handful of the following who the new Director of Football and Manager have determined are surplus to requirements or simply not value for money on their current wages - Mina, Keane, Allan, Gomes, Davies, Gbamin, Rondon. Under no illusions that any of those players will be fetching £30m or anything like that but £10m here and £15m there all adds up quite nicely, as does the wriggle room on the wages side with Mina, Allan and Gomes in particular.

That Calvin Bassey looks like he's going to be in big demand this summer. Villa the latest to be interested.

You have to say whatever happens, that was brilliant business by Rangers getring him in on a free from Leicester. They will almost certsinly make circa £20m for him.

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/06/2022 at 14:42, Danny said:

@Michaelknoe anything about Yehor Yarmolyuk? Some random Ukrainian accounts reporting he’s due to sign with us, most likely into our B Team

I've only seen him play in a handful of games. However, he's a highly rated future prospect. He made his debut for Dnipro in the Ukrainian Premier League aged only 16. He is now still only 18 years old, yet he's already playing for the Ukrainian under-21 national team. I doubt that he's ready for the rigours of the Premier League at his tender years just yet though. But if Brentford opt to buy him, I am sure he will come relatively cheap.

You could liken him as the younger version of Mykhaylo Mudryk, who ironically Brentford were also after, before he turned them down. Apparently Brentford offered £20 million for him, but he wanted to join Bayer Leverkusen instead. Brentford would only have to pay a fraction of that amount to buy Yarmolyuk though. Yarmolyuk is a similar type of player to Mudryk, a natural talent who is good at dribbling, passing and has impressive ball control. So in general, he's one for the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Southampton close to signing Man City youngster for £10m.

To be fair, they had some success getting Livramento so cheap and Broja on loan although I suspect City will have put some form of buy back clause into this deal.

Ok really if you're happy to concede that I guess.

Newcastle have reported genuine talks with three clubs for targets

We have made an approach for around 40m for Moussa Diaby who is said to be interested.

There was also an enquire made to Leicester for Tielemans.  

approached Chelsea to loan Broja

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

There was also an enquire made to Leicester for Tielemans.  

He wants European football. So that enquiry probably won't go far.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

He wants European football. So that enquiry probably won't go far.

he will get it next season then.  i don't think he is that needed.  it prefer Trossard as he fits a need

so did Botman and bruno

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

he will get it next season then.  i don't think he is that needed.  it prefer Trossard as he fits a need

so did Botman and bruno

But he wants it this season coming up. Newcastle can't offer that. Better clubs can.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

But he wants it this season coming up. Newcastle can't offer that. Better clubs can.

better clubs haven't being rushing in. at his age desperation seems illogical if he can be in a sustainable project

• Subscriber

Newcastle are yet to prove either that they'll be playing in Europe within 2-3 years or that they're building a sustainable project. The cockiness of *some* of their fans regarding who are realistic targets for them just because they have loads of money now is... interesting.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

better clubs haven't being rushing in. at his age desperation seems illogical if he can be in a sustainable project

Is staying at Leicester not a sustainable project?

You know he could just...stay?

Not everyone who is linked with Newcastle will automatically see them as best fit. So I know you love your new-found money trail, but money doesn't always talk or buy success. Can't fault the hopes you have for your own club, but there is no guarantee you get European football next season just because you have the ability to splash the cash.

And just because better clubs haven't been rushing in, doesn't automatically mean Newcastle are the next best thing just for the sake of it.

20 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Newcastle are yet to prove either that they'll be playing in Europe within 2-3 years or that they're building a sustainable project. The cockiness of *some* of their fans regarding who are realistic targets for them just because they have loads of money now is... interesting.

we're the same fans of city cocky when money bags opened and they were buying well beyond their means.   maybe money and ambition go hand in hand.   Everton blew a wad beyond their means to.    

• The topic was unpinned

Archived