Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window - General Chat


Recommended Posts

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Newcastle take one or two first team players from sides they're trying to get ahead of. Man City did it at the start, taking Lescott from Everton and Barry from Aston Villa after finishing 10th the season before. Everton and Villa were both top six sides at this point.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Newcastle take one or two first team players from sides they're trying to get ahead of. Man City did it at the start, taking Lescott from Everton and Barry from Aston Villa after finishing 10th the season before. Everton and Villa were both top six sides at this point.

Without todays financial restrictions in place the path to the end of the rainbow was a lot more clear back then. Newcastle aren't going to be able to weaken teams around them or just ahead of them by signing there best players and then chucking those players to the kerbside after a couple of seasons at a significant loss like they did with Bellamy, Adebayor, Santa Cruz etc.

There owners know due to there wealth they'll be under a microscope by the nervous elite and early indications from journalists in the know is that the club are keen to remain well within the FFP limits. Regardless of the fantasy FM like diatribe links we see in here on a weekly basis.

Whilst a player with his best years ahead of him is likely to chose Newcastle over Leicester, a player transferring from Leicester to Newcastle that's stated his ambition to play in the Champions League now feels unlikely. This is the same Leicester City team who have had incredible success in recent years and will not have that Vanarama European Tosspot competition distracting them. If he cannot get a transfer to a team in the Champions League this summer there's every likelihood he stays put.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Newcastle take one or two first team players from sides they're trying to get ahead of. Man City did it at the start, taking Lescott from Everton and Barry from Aston Villa after finishing 10th the season before. Everton and Villa were both top six sides at this point.

It will be an interesting season,  I don't think our off season is done just yet,  we have fixed the back line but we still need a winger and possibly a young understudy to Wilson.   The Tielemans story is interesting but I don't think he is a prime need right now,  Diaby on the other hand makes a lot of sense as it will give us that cutting edge and speed we need in attack,  it will also take players off St Maximin likely making him more dangerous. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Without todays financial restrictions in place the path to the end of the rainbow was a lot more clear back then. Newcastle aren't going to be able to weaken teams around them or just ahead of them by signing there best players and then chucking those players to the kerbside after a couple of seasons at a significant loss like they did with Bellamy, Adebayor, Santa Cruz etc.

There owners know due to there wealth they'll be under a microscope by the nervous elite and early indications from journalists in the know is that the club are keen to remain well within the FFP limits. Regardless of the fantasy FM like diatribe links we see in here on a weekly basis.

Whilst a player with his best years ahead of him is likely to chose Newcastle over Leicester, a player transferring from Leicester to Newcastle that's stated his ambition to play in the Champions League now feels unlikely. This is the same Leicester City team who have had incredible success in recent years and will not have that Vanarama European Tosspot competition distracting them. If he cannot get a transfer to a team in the Champions League this summer there's every likelihood he stays put.

Thanks to Ashley we have as of July 1 an adjusted FFP of over 200m ,   so maybe that was the only thing Ashley ever left us,  a massively under invested squad and lots of money too fix it.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it has finally been confirmed the signing of Scottish u21 Charlie McArthur from Kilmarnock,  given Man City and Liverpool made approaches it is a good signing and the second higher profile under18 made with Braga's Fernandes still heavily tipped for a move

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So apparently Villa had a bid for Watford's Sarr accepted, £25m plus add ons, but then Villa would not meet Sarr's personal terms.

I guess Sarr & Bailey would have been proper wing options, compared to the double No10 options of Buendia & Coutinho.

But another central defender surely where any remaining transfer money should be going.. with Carlos out injured long term & Hause off on loan to Watford. Leaving Mings, Konsa & Chambers.

My guess is there will be a random centre back announcement some time soon. It's rare an incoming transfer is sign posted in advance with Villa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Centre-back links galore for us. So far today it's been Craig Dawson, Jason Denayer, Wout Faes and Jean-Clair Todibo. 

Denayer and Todibo would fit well if you manage to fleece Chelsea for Fofana. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trezeguet, who scored a crucial goal to keep Villa up toward the end of their 1st season back in the Prem, went to Trabzonspor. Think a loan with option to buy.

Bertrand Traore to another Turkish team. & think same kind of deal.

El Ghazi, who scored a play off final winner is now off to PSV, where I imagine he will do rather well.

Still not feeling sure Villa are much better off without these 3 wing attackers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Dan Ashworth and Nixon at work,  signing Socceroos young starlet Garang Kuol to a 515K deal,  he was at Craven Cottage yesterday soaking in the festivities.   He is the 5th player of 18 years or younger that we have signed this term showing a clear shift to feeder system.   

The media consensus is that he has the tools to blossom and the fact he was converted by Chelsea, Barcelona and Dortmund and chose to make the North East the place he would like to play football says a lot about the new recruitment team. 

He joins in January officially,  and probably wont be in the first team,  but he is now a debuted international so who knows.  If he can play,  why not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Dan Ashworth and Nixon at work,  signing Socceroos young starlet Garang Kuol to a 515K deal,  he was at Craven Cottage yesterday soaking in the festivities.   He is the 5th player of 18 years or younger that we have signed this term showing a clear shift to feeder system.   

The media consensus is that he has the tools to blossom and the fact he was converted by Chelsea, Barcelona and Dortmund and chose to make the North East the place he would like to play football says a lot about the new recruitment team. 

He joins in January officially,  and probably wont be in the first team,  but he is now a debuted international so who knows.  If he can play,  why not. 

Have you ever watched him? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

only going off what ESPN Australia and other outlets say.  he is a prospect

He's got a lot of growing up to do, physically, to make it in PL. Of course time is on his side so that's a plus. But as avid watcher of A-League, the positives are that he's fast, skilful and gets in the right positions, but that's about it. I think it'll be great if he does do well when he joins in January, but he'll get roughed up a lot. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Stan said:

He's got a lot of growing up to do, physically, to make it in PL. Of course time is on his side so that's a plus. But as avid watcher of A-League, the positives are that he's fast, skilful and gets in the right positions, but that's about it. I think it'll be great if he does do well when he joins in January, but he'll get roughed up a lot. 

 

I don't think he is expected to be in the first team which will likely be strengthened with Maddison likely the #1 target.

 

what i have seen of him he looks tenacious and busy

Edited by OrangeKhrush
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...