• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Monkeypox

football forum

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I think every virus that goes around now will just be intensified in society and media. Generally I guess we're all on edge following COVID. Understandably. 

I hope of course it's not as volatile and contagious as Covid-19, and at least not as harmful or deadly. 

15 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

This is all we need off the back of everything else that's gone on these past couple of years.. 

You reckon it's going to spread?

2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

You reckon it's going to spread?

All I will say on that is if @nudge starts a thread on it then we are in deep shit.... Other than that I don't know much about it, Don't know how easy it is to catch it, or how it gets transferred from person to person or even which countries are most at risk etc.. As @Stan has already pointed out it could be that Social media is making more of a big deal of it than it is at the moment but you never know with these things... 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, nudge said:

Just out of interest, how many of you lot got the smallpox vaccine? I know the cutoff year was different in every country, so just wondering.

We got that when we were young at school many moons ago. :D

7 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

We get that when we were young at school many moons ago. :D

Remember the Bubonic Plague back in 1665 John.... I don't know how we got through that but we did... survivors!! 

• Subscriber

Me: Looks at map from the WHO and notices certain "hot" spots

Me: Does some reading and comes across this "Transmission usually happens due to close contact with infected animals such as rodents and monkeys and is limited between people."

And now I am confused how it even started up in all those places. Interesting though considering the root cause, or so they claim its the root cause.

• Subscriber

It's amusing how the Nuclear Threat Initiative and Munich Security Conference last year had a tabletop exercise/simulation which dealt with a deadly, global pandemic involving an unusual strain of monkeypox virus. The dates used in their scenario are even more amusing xD 

J05JNzK.png

17 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's amusing how the Nuclear Threat Initiative and Munich Security Conference last year had a tabletop exercise/simulation which dealt with a deadly, global pandemic involving an unusual strain of monkeypox virus. The dates used in their scenario are even more amusing xD 

J05JNzK.png

Oh no... Nudge has started looking into the data... 

Stressed Season 2 GIF by Blunt Talk

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea, well let's see how big this thread starts getting before we draw any final conclusions... xD

I mean, at least it wasn't me who started the thread this time xD 

• Administrator
18 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Transmission usually happens due to close contact with infected animals such as rodents and monkeys and is limited between people

34 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

image.thumb.png.951197039ef0f0e6268c064a349f078f.png

Interesting...

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think they already have a vaccine dont they? @nudge

A smallpox vaccine that also apparently 85% effective against monkeypox, yes. There's also an older smallpox vaccine, but it can have pretty serious side effects. 

Archived