talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hamburger SV Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

According to latest reports, HSV are apparently 10 million Euro short for obtaining the license for 2 Liga :o Now, I imagine it is something for Kühne to fix again, but they are seriously playing with fire, I can imagine that one day Kühne will be fed up with losing his money...

3 hours ago, nudge said:

According to latest reports, HSV are apparently 10 million Euro short for obtaining the license for 2 Liga :o Now, I imagine it is something for Kühne to fix again, but they are seriously playing with fire, I can imagine that one day Kühne will be fed up with losing his money...

Plus, he´s 80 years old, what if he dies?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Plus, he´s 80 years old, what if he dies?

He'll probably leave all of his fortune to HSV and they'll manage to waste it all in less than one season and still get relegated :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 3/31/2018 at 14:42, Peemeejo said:

If HSV don't get their licence for 2BL and have to play in the 3 Liga that will mess up HSV II chance of promotion from the Regionaliga. How the hell did it come to rhis?

Meh, I think they'll get the license, either from transfers or from Kühne again, who won't leave them in such a dire situation, surely... I also think HSV had by far the worst management in the Bundesliga in the last decade, so I don't find it surprising; it's a wonder they haven't been relegated yet.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
Just now, Inverted said:

He's not been amazing but as far as I know he's been pretty reliable, and Rangers must think they're missing something if Hamburg felt it's worth giving him a 4 year contract.

Hmm, I think HSV are planning for the 2. Liga already, so a young, tall, strong defender on a free transfer definitely makes sense for them as they're set to lose quite a few first team regulars if they get relegated. Mind you, I have no idea how good or bad he is as I haven't seen him play, but I've read earlier that Rangers weren't willing to accept his wage demands and they couldn't find an agreement for a new contract... Also heard he's pretty good in the air, but shockingly awkward on the ball and his passing/ball distribution is poor?

26 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hmm, I think HSV are planning for the 2. Liga already, so a young, tall, strong defender on a free transfer definitely makes sense for them as they're set to lose quite a few first team regulars if they get relegated. Mind you, I have no idea how good or bad he is as I haven't seen him play, but I've read earlier that Rangers weren't willing to accept his wage demands and they couldn't find an agreement for a new contract... Also heard he's pretty good in the air, but shockingly awkward on the ball and his passing/ball distribution is poor?

Sounds about right, the consensus among my Rangers supporting pals seems to be that he definitely is weakest when it comes to his technical ability and decisions on the ball, but also that he had good physicality and decent defensive instincts. 

No idea what the coaching is like at Hamburg but it sounds like he could take a leap in quality with some fine-tuning. 

Edited by Inverted

• Subscriber
Just now, Inverted said:

Sounds about right, the consensus among my Rangers supporting pals seems to be that he definitely is weakest when it comes to his ability and decisions on the ball, but also that he had good physicality and decent defensive instincts. 

No idea what the coaching is like at Hamburg but it sounds like he could take a leap in quality with some fine-tuning. 

then he definitely chose a wrong club, they changed the manager and the backroom team 18 times in the last 10 years, and there's been hardly any stability in the club for years :ph34r:

Seriously though, relegation could even be beneficial for HSV if they sort themselves out and sort of start anew. I was skeptical when they elected Bernd Hoffmann a new president, but at the moment it looks like they are going for quite a bit of an overhaul within the club's structures, and that can only be a good thing, surely...

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Aww, welcome back, mate.

Haha thanks man. Just left my residency program recently, as I'm thinking of swapping family med for pediatrics. Between that and what looks like an interesting relegation scrap yet again, I believe you folks might have to deal with my company in the next few weeks ;)

Already chomping at the bit for next weekend. 

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

Welcome back, Chadwell. Good to see you again :) Although you'll have to deal with 2. Bundesliga next season, like a peasant :ph34r:

Nah, Herr Holtby's got this. 

Otherwise, thanks for the kind words ^_^

Edited by Chadwell

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Christian Titz extended his contract until 2020, some stability is surely good for the club, and his record with HSV's current squad looks more than decent. 13 points in 8 matches, I think?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2018 at 04:45, nudge said:

Aaron Hunt will remain at the club, extended his contract until 2020. 

Lotta folks angry about it, but I’m not opposed. So many seem to have their eyes bedazzled by an idea of an overhaul with nothing but too youth prospects at the level, and seem to undervalue the importance of experience in the struggle ahead. Hunt has also been extremely versatile during Titz’ short reign, so should be rather useful IMO.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Chadwell said:

Lotta folks angry about it, but I’m not opposed. So many seem to have their eyes bedazzled by an idea of an overhaul with nothing but too youth prospects at the level, and seem to undervalue the importance of experience in the struggle ahead. Hunt has also been extremely versatile during Titz’ short reign, so should be rather useful IMO.

Angry? Why would anyone be angry about an experienced skillful player remaining in the club after relegation?... unless he's massively overpaid, which I doubt. 

And yes, I fully agree, you definitely need to have a right mix of experienced and youth players if you want to gain a direct promotion. Talking about young players, it seems that Arp wants to join Bayern? Would be sad to see another young talent wasting his potential by joining a club that's too big for him, too early... More importantly though, do Bayern even want him? xD