talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hamburger SV Thread

On 6/3/2018 at 09:35, nudge said:

Angry? Why would anyone be angry about an experienced skillful player remaining in the club after relegation?... unless he's massively overpaid, which I doubt. 

And yes, I fully agree, you definitely need to have a right mix of experienced and youth players if you want to gain a direct promotion. Talking about young players, it seems that Arp wants to join Bayern? Would be sad to see another young talent wasting his potential by joining a club that's too big for him, too early... More importantly though, do Bayern even want him? xD 

I think there seems to be some resentment built over time for some of the “faces of the relegation,” and any players associated with it while appearing to not be giving their all. Hunt is a very lethargic-type player who slows the game down around him, so I believe his style did him no favors in this regard. Holtby was of course oft-cited as one of these players the club must be rid of post-haste and immediately, until he rattled off five goals in seven games, and suddenly the forums are clamoring for a contract extension o.O

I’m not sure what’s to happen with Arp, tbh. I’d like for him to stay, but it’s interesting that we lured a striker of the same age as Arp from Bayern’s own youth ranks, most likely on the prospect of sooner playing time. It certainly, at least to me, gave the appearance of the club expecting Arp to go the other way, or at least to depart. I do agree with you though, he’s not ready for that move yet. There are rumors of Bayern planning to loan him back out, but of course there are no guarantees with that. I suspect he’s likely tempted by the prospect of continuing to develop with Titz in a city he obviously feels comfortable, but of course there are risks with that too given the immense pressure on the club to return to the top flight, and so much pressure will be placed on the strikers, and Titz to choose them correctly. Shitty situation for the young fella, to say the least :$

• 1 month later...

Haha I'm honestly thoroughly surprised. From the way he's played in friendlies, you could tell this has taken his toll on him, and I suspected that he was anxious for new and greener pastures. I get that this leaves a lot of doors open to him, but it does help out the club a lot, and I hope it ends up best for his development. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Chadwell said:

Haha I'm honestly thoroughly surprised. From the way he's played in friendlies, you could tell this has taken his toll on him, and I suspected that he was anxious for new and greener pastures. I get that this leaves a lot of doors open to him, but it does help out the club a lot, and I hope it ends up best for his development. 

Good for his career and good for HSV, it comes across as a bit unexpected after all this Bayern transfer drama...

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Chadwell said:

Gideon Jung and now Papa with cruciate knee ligament damage.

:censored:

Our CB/IV situation is getting messy, and of course we’re now unable to sell Papa. What a shitshow.

So now it's van Drongelen and Bates?

On 20.7.2018 at 17:27, nudge said:

Good for his career and good for HSV, it comes across as a bit unexpected after all this Bayern transfer drama...

I'm pretty sure a future Bayern transfer is already sorted out and they thought this is the best way to sell it.

Guess the HSV-Fans wouldn't have been too happy about  a deal where he signs for Bayern and stays at Hamburg as part of a loan deal. 

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

I'm pretty sure a future Bayern transfer is already sorted out and they thought this is the best way to sell it.

Guess the HSV-Fans wouldn't have been too happy about  a deal where he signs for Bayern and stays at Hamburg as part of a loan deal. 

Yes, could well be. Maybe something similar to Gnabry deal when he joined us from Arsenal, or something along those lines... Still, a good decision to play in Hamburg rather than warm the bench in München, regardless of the future.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Next bad news for HSV. Young Aaron Opoku underwent an emergency surgery because of an collapsed lung. Hope he recovers soon.

With such a condition, he’ll likely recover just fine, the problem is that he’ll always be at risk for this in the future unfortunately. Any forceful condition will expose him to risk. 

• 2 months later...

The clowns are at the controls again, and the carousel wanders on... they’ve ousted Titz, who I was quite fond of. While I wasn’t the biggest fan of his high line system and tactical inflexibility, I really liked how much the players wanted to fight for him and how well he knew youth management. In the psychological battle of being a player for HSV in these trying times, having a nidus for motivation and passion in the coach was a big plus IMO. Despite some rather uninspiring draws recently, we’re still all of only two points off the top, and with the youngest squad in the league, so it’s hardly a damn crisis. 

I don’t get it. Can’t wrap my head around it. And now I have to walk into work 😒

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.welt.de/sport/fussball/article185469216/Hamburger-SV-Im-HSV-Adventskalender-versteckt-sich-ausgerechnet-der-Erzrivale.html

I don't know why it's always HSV who produce such stories. Still that's good old HSV we love and laugh at.:rofl:

Feel for that 11 year old fan, though.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chadwell said:

Wow google translate made a mare of that. Literally no idea what happened. Anyone care to give a general idea, that I too, might lol at HSV?

HSV produced their advent calendars at the same enterprise, where Werder Bremen produced produced theirs. Something went wrong in the production chain of these HSV calendars and now exemplars  of HSV calendar exist with HSV outfit and the give aways of Werder Bremen's advent calendar. As you might have already thought some of these faulty calendars were already sold, when HSV officials noticed it. Imaging buying a HSV merchandise with content for Werder fans of all clubs.:D

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

HSV produced their advent calendars at the same enterprise, where Werder Bremen produced produced theirs. Something went wrong in the production chain of these HSV calendars and now exemplars  of HSV calendar exist with HSV outfit and the give aways of Werder Bremen's advent calendar. As you might have already thought some of these faulty calendars were already sold, when HSV officials noticed it. Imaging buying a HSV merchandise with content for Werder fans of all clubs.:D

Lol awesome. Poor kid. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

-A wild Chadwell appeared!- 

Yeah, gonna be tight. I think HSV easily have the most difficult schedule of the promotion candidates, while Köln appears to have the easiest. Both Union and Paderborn have slight run ins as well, aside of course form facing us. Going to be some intense battles for sure.

• Upvote 1