talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hamburger SV Thread

32 minutes ago, Chadwell said:

-A wild Chadwell appeared!- 

Yeah, gonna be tight. I think HSV easily have the most difficult schedule of the promotion candidates, while Köln appears to have the easiest. Both Union and Paderborn have slight run ins as well, aside of course form facing us. Going to be some intense battles for sure.

When the home games and draw the two away ones and I think you're good. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

So Bakery Jatta has apparently faked his identity (including his age) to take advantage of the underaged person benefits when he applied for the refugee status in Germany when he first arrived and is now being investigated. Apparently his real name is Bakary Daffeh, he's 3 years older than he claimed to be, and contrary to his claims, he has played football professionally in Africa (Gambia and Senegal) and was even part of Gambia U-20 national setup. :dam:

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

So Bakery Jatta has apparently faked his identity (including his age) to take advantage of the underaged person benefits when he applied for the refugee status in Germany when he first arrived and is now being investigated. Apparently his real name is Bakary Daffeh, he's 3 years older than he claimed to be, and contrary to his claims, he has played football professionally in Africa (Gambia and Senegal) and was even part of Gambia U-20 national setup. :dam:

Fuckin Bild lol, always sniffin’ around the ol’ HSV.

Doesn’t look good, have to admit. Almost looks like at this point that we’ll have to wait and see about what ramifications this will have for the club. I’m not sure what proof they have at this point, but anyone would be remiss to say he certainly doesn’t look older than he claims. Shame too for purely selfish reasons, as he was really coming along as a player.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Chadwell said:

Fuckin Bild lol, always sniffin’ around the ol’ HSV.

Doesn’t look good, have to admit. Almost looks like at this point that we’ll have to wait and see about what ramifications this will have for the club. I’m not sure what proof they have at this point, but anyone would be remiss to say he certainly doesn’t look older than he claims. Shame too for purely selfish reasons, as he was really coming along as a player.

To be fair he probably faked his identity as he didn't want anyone know he played for HSV :ph34r:

Seriously though, there should be no ramifications for the club; you're not the ones who faked the paperwork if these reports are true. Not sure what that would mean for him though. 

5 hours ago, nudge said:

To be fair he probably faked his identity as he didn't want anyone know he played for HSV :ph34r:

Seriously though, there should be no ramifications for the club; you're not the ones who faked the paperwork if these reports are true. Not sure what that would mean for him though. 

Lol or he might’ve thought if there are any wankers desperate enough to fall for this easy setup, it’ll be HSV 😂.............. 😭

Again, not sure how concrete any of this, and this may be for more media attention and guaranteed follows of the story, but apparently there is a possibility that the club might’ve known too.

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Chadwell said:

Lol or he might’ve thought if there are any wankers desperate enough to fall for this easy setup, it’ll be HSV 😂.............. 😭

Again, not sure how concrete any of this, and this may be for more media attention and guaranteed follows of the story, but apparently there is a possibility that the club might’ve known too.

Ohhhh so this is becoming interesting... Nürnberg already appealed their 0:4 loss as a result of this.

Just now, nudge said:

Ohhhh so this is becoming interesting... Nürnberg already appealed their 0:4 loss as a result of this.

Which is so dumb lol, but is apparently no big deal since HSV allegedly reported these rumors to the DFB prior to said match. Cute though on their part, how convenient this news comes up after getting thumped at home xD

This has also recently come out: https://www.hsv.de/news/meldungen/saison-2019-20/juli-2019/hsv-fordert-positionierung-von-dfb-und-dfl/

So the club now all in behind him, so hopefully all his paperwork is legit. 

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Chadwell said:

Which is so dumb lol, but is apparently no big deal since HSV allegedly reported these rumors to the DFB prior to said match. Cute though on their part, how convenient this news comes up after getting thumped at home xD

This has also recently come out: https://www.hsv.de/news/meldungen/saison-2019-20/juli-2019/hsv-fordert-positionierung-von-dfb-und-dfl/

So the club now all in behind him, so hopefully all his paperwork is legit. 

You lot seem to always get involved in some silly stories xD 

Yeah Nürnberg's appeal is stupid but I mean they were always going to give it a try...

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Chadwell said:

On both instances, absolutely true lol. 

Apparently at this point there's no evidence about him using fake identity so for the time being he's allowed to play:

EBdW1LPXUAESck3?format=jpg&name=medium

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, nudge said:

Apparently at this point there's no evidence about him using fake identity so for the time being he's allowed to play:

EBdW1LPXUAESck3?format=jpg&name=medium

Yeah I don’t know German, but apparently they worded it nicely to remain open in case further evidence should further evidence be brought forward. On HSV’s subreddit, several Germans in English stated they weren’t too comfortable with the wording haha.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

http://www.kicker.de/782803/artikel/dem_hamburger_sv_drohen_grosse_finanzielle_verluste

HSV are expecting to make a loss of 30m Euro this year. The sum might even became worse, if they fail to find a new stadium sponsor. Their stadium sponsoring contract with Klaus-Michael Kühne expired at the end of June and a new one isn't signed yet.

They're in deep shit if the end of Kühne's stadium sponsoring is a sign that he terminates his commitment. HSV heavily relied on Kühne's investment for quite a while.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Wow 1

• 9 months later...
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

@Bluebird Hewitt

A shame as there was a decent player there, but could never fit into Warnock's or McCarthy's hoofball style. 

However, if what I read is true about the transfer fee, it shows how piss poorly our transfers have been. 

We paid £5.5m in 2019. We sell Glatzel for a rumoured £428k.

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Are HSV one of those German sides that everyone seems to hate?

Cos I think they're probably one of my favourite German sides purely cos of Mahdavikia.

I wouldn't say so, no. The "hate" generally comes from Bremen and St. Pauli due to local rivalries. But they generated a lot of contempt and became a sort of a laughing stock in the last decade due to serious mismanagement, squandering the funds they regularly got from their investor, sacking managers every season, and many other off-pitch events that made them look silly and unprofessional, especially considering their lack of self-criticism and the aura of certain arrogance despite being trash.

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Are HSV one of those German sides that everyone seems to hate?

Cos I think they're probably one of my favourite German sides purely cos of Mahdavikia.

Not everyone :)

.... there are those among us who are into things such as masochism and self deprecating humor and what not...

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Chadwell said:

Not everyone :)

.... there are those among us who are into things such as masochism and self deprecating humor and what not...

Alright, sorry @Tommy but I do have some history in liking HSV so they may have to be my other German side. Plus Hamburg sounds like a cool place. So does Dusseldorf though, tbf.

Idk about masochism, but self-depreciating humour I'm sometimes into.

But I'll go full "gloryhunter" here and like 2 German sides, since I don't really think I can call myself a supporter of any other side other than the side that I feel like I actually support (if that makes sense).

• Sad 1