talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hamburger SV Thread

index.png.2e7449cd909ae7dae22f70ae3e3a72f9.png

Hamburger Sport-Verein e.V. [hamˈbʊʁɡɐ ˌʃpɔʁt fɛɐ̯ˈʔaɪ̯n], commonly known as Hamburger SV, Hamburg or HSV [haː ʔɛs ˈfaʊ̯], is a German sport club based in Hamburg, its largest branch being its football department. Although the current HSV was founded in June 1919 from a merger of three earlier clubs, it officially traces its origin to 29 September 1887 when the first of the predecessors, SC Germania, was founded. HSV's football team has the unique distinction of having played continuously in the top tier of the German football league system since the end of World War I. It is the only team that has played in every season of the Bundesliga since its foundation in 1963, at which time the team was led by German national captain Uwe Seeler

All discussion relating to HSV that does not warrant it's own thread (i.e. - players signing new contracts, newspaper clippings etc...) should take place here.

Edited by Ubuntu

• The title was changed to Hamburger SV Thread
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, nudge said:

O-oh, it looks like Mathenia is now injured too, so that means HSV might have to rely on their 3rd keeper for the remainder of the season! 

I've some faith in Mickel surprisingly enough, believe he played a match last season in which he actually impressed me. Doesn't look favorable though :/

On 4/19/2017 at 4:17 AM, Tanksie said:

You will live to see next season. Too organized not to. But you have to strengthen the squad. A couple of defenders and a striker of real quality.

I'm content with our striker situation, but we're quite thin at winger after Kostic and Muller, the latter of which is now 30. However, there is a very real possibility of us losing Wood this summer. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2017 at 10:49 AM, Tanksie said:

You guys gonna promote Mathenia to no1 next season? Selling Adler would free up some cash and he has impressed me greatly.

Quite likely as Rene Adler just announced that he's going to leave Hamburg. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

https://sport.sky.de/fussball/artikel/nummer-eins-beim-hsv-gisdol-hat-entschieden/10983491/34240?wkz=WXFNL1

Christian Mathenia will be Hamburg's first choice keeper this season. Probably not what Pollersbeck expected, but Mathenia really deserves this after his performances at the end of last season. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2017 at 2:54 PM, Lucas said:

Pierre Michel Lasogga has joined us on a season long loan today. Is he as gash as his stats suggest or have we got a decent player in our ranks?

He possesses talent and is a good finisher, but has struggled for gametime in recent seasons, largely due to incompatibility with the coaching carousel at the club, and the arrival of Bobby Wood. If he can get comfortable, you might have a clever grab on your hands. He's well-suited to the English game IMO, including the physicality of the Championship.

Edited by Chadwell
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/706524/artikel_kuehne-ueber-hsv-engagement_fuer-mich-ist-schluss.html

Kühne, once again, announced he´d stop to support HSV financially. If he´s serious this time I can see dark clouds over their future since they  the only reason they weren´t in trouble licensewise was the massive amounts of money suggardaddy Klaus Michael pumped into their bank accounts.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Sad 1