talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

DFB-Pokal 22/23

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Leverkusen conceding 4 goals against a 3 Liga side. It's not even as if Leverkusen rested loads of first team players, they pretty much played their best team, with the exception of maybe 2 or 3 players. I think that they really need to get their act together before the Bundesliga starts, because that was an embarrassing result and performance by them against Elversberg.

Things are even worse, they also lost completely deserved. They not only conceaded 4 but also were bettered by Elfenzwerg.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

2 matches after extra time: Braunschweig 4-4 Hertha BSC, and Waldhof 0-0 Kiel are both going to penalties. Would be good, if my prediction of Braunschweig going through became reality.

It has become reality! :D

Braunschweig win the penalty shoot out! :D

Watching the Magdeburg - Frankfurt match. Frankfurt are clearly the better team and fully deserve their lead. By the way, watching this and other matches a silly question has formed in my head. Whilst understanding, why women'S football players are wearing a sports bra, can't understand it why male footballers do it as well, as I saw today and on many other occasions? Is this a rule I missed?

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Watching the Magdeburg - Frankfurt match. Frankfurt are clearly the better team and fully deserve their lead. By the way, watching this and other matches a silly question has formed in my head. Whilst understanding, why women'S football players are wearing a sports bra, can't understand it why male footballers do it as well, as I saw today and on many other occasions? Is this a rule I missed?

It contains monitoring devices that track and record player's performance data. Looks silly, but data is everything these days...

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Congrats to our Werder peeps. 

Typical Werder, kept it exciting till the final whistle. We should have scored more; Ducksch alone hit the post twice, and I think Bittencourt was unlucky not to be given a penalty. Werder dominated most of the match, so it's a deserved win, but I can't help but wonder how our mentality never changes. Score - concede - get nervous - (almost) screw it up.

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

It contains monitoring devices that track and record player's performance data. Looks silly, but data is everything these days...

These datas are also quite interesting to look at. So much detail and ways the coaching team can change/improve things.

On 30/07/2022 at 14:17, Rucksackfranzose said:

5th tier club Stuttgarter Kickers won 2-0 versus Fürth.:congrats:

I was going to post this as my dream upset before the weekend started, but now that it's 48 hours later... I'll just say that I'm happy for them 😆.

• 4 weeks later...

These are the 2nd round matches:

Augsburg - Bayern

Hoffenheim - Schalke

Hannover - Dortmund

Paderborn - Bremen

Braunschweig - Wolfsburg

Stuttgart - Bielefeld

Leipzig - Hamburg

Darmstadt - Gladbach

Union - Heidenheim

Freiburg - St Pauli

Elversberg - Bochum

Lübeck - Mainz

Stuttgarter Kickers - Frankfurt

Sandhausen - Karlsruhe

Regensburg - Düsseldorf

Waldhof - Nürnberg

11 hours ago, nudge said:

Paderborn could be tricky, but manageable...

Promises to get exiting from a neutral point of view, since Werder remind a bit of Thomas Schaaf's "Who needs a defence?"- approach recently, and Paderborn are managed by Kwasniok, who also likes his teams to wildly attack, as I experienced when he was managing us.:)

• 1 month later...

Darmstadt fought very well! Congrats @londonerlilie

Gladbach losing Sommer and Hofmann due to injury makes their loss twice as hard. Sommer twisted his ankle after jumping for a ball, and Hofmann fell on his shoulder. 😬

I must say I'm very impressed with Darmstadt's Braydon Manu. I saw him against Fortuna last week, and now against Gladbach. Very hard working player, but also technically gifted. And he seems to have the stamina of a bull. xD

Also Seydel, what a day. Subbed on in the 74th minute, scored the winning goal, pickep up a slight inury, subbed off in the 84th minute. Very eventful 10 minutes. xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived