talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Would you want to be able to be awake for 24 hours every day?

football forum

Would you want to be able to be awake for 24 hours every day?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to be able to be awake for 24 hours?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Yes! As mentioned in another thread, if sleep wasn't a physiological necessity, it would be great to have more free time to do stuff instead of just sleeping through it. 

I literally have to force myself to go to bed every night (well it's usually early morning by then, but you get the idea). I like to run errands, do grocery shopping, have lunch, go for a hike or a walk, visit some places, meet some people, etc  during the day, and then work until 12-1am. After that, I like to do some reading, learn new stuff, keep up to date with stuff, do some research, watch movies or TV series or racing, indulge in other hobbies, then after that it's time to relax with a drink and music. Gets even more complicated when I'm in a relationship. Ideally, I would love to have double the time for the things I do after work... So yeah, definitely a massive YES from me.

• Administrator

Probably not. 

No side effects if no sleep but would you still experience the tiredness of anything you do during the day or being awake? 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Probably not. 

No side effects if no sleep but would you still experience the tiredness of anything you do during the day or being awake? 

Well that obviously would be a side effect, no?... The way I understand this hypothetical scenario, you could still get tired from physical activity etc, but your body wouldn't need sleep to recover.

• Subscriber

I like the way I am doing it (sleep) at the moment anyway, I cat-nap a lot and when I do sleep then it's more like 4 hours solid then wake up, I either nod back off just snoozing really, maybe I am related to a shark xD

Shark.png

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, nudge said:

I don't know about you, but I personally prefer to be awake during sex... xD

Bless @Aladdin all he's used to is girls falling asleep when they see a message notification saying 'hi'.  

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Bless @Aladdin all he's used to is girls falling asleep when they see a message notification saying 'hi'.  

Yeah then he can hit them the ‘good morning beautiful’ followed by a low quality jpeg of a sunrise 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Coma said:

The mind needs a break, regardless of what the body may or may not need.  Dreams are important.

Which part of "no side effects" people don't understand?... xD it's a hypothetical scenario in which your body and mind don't need the sleep and you can stay awake forever without suffering any consequences. 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Which part of "no side effects" people don't understand?... xD it's a hypothetical scenario in which your body and mind don't need the sleep and you can stay awake forever without suffering any consequences. 

I was too tired to read the rules 😆

Archived