talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Motorsport Manager

football forum

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took over Sauber as it felt realistic in their current situation. Only took me 6 races to figure out how to do the set-up :D Now I've got some decent finishes, especially by Wehrlein. But developing and increasing the reliability of parts take so long. Still, heaps of fun. I haven't been this addicted to a game in a long time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Reliability is a bitch in this game. The first 2-3 races I always struggle with repairs, or cars breaking down completely. So reliability is the first thing you have to focus on. In my experience, it's enough if you get it up to 70-75%. But then improving takes a lot of time as well, and you constantly have to develop new parts to get your car faster. I still haven't completely figured it out. I managed to get Sophia Flörsch on the podium in a wet race by being spot-on with putting on Inters and then Slicks again when the weather changed again. So that was my first and only podium so far :D 

I think I'm going to start a new game with a better team. I'm constantly improving the parts and the Sauber still drives like a turd. Or maybe I'll start my own team. 

Just now, Cannabis said:

That's my next move I think. I've taken a team from the bottom to the top and now I'm having my fun with Mercedes having the freedom to do pretty much what I want. The next step I think is making a team from scratch and seeing if I can get them somewhere :). Have you changed the line-up at all with Sauber?

Yup, in the first season I kept Ericcson and Wehrlein. Then Wehrlein wanted to leave (and then joined Formula E???), and I signed Lance Stroll as his replacement. Now in the 3rd season I have Esteban Ocon and promoted Sophia Floersch from the reserve position. Meanwhile Ferrari have some french guy I never heard of and got rid of Vettel, and Williams got Nakajima? Anthony Davidson got a seat as well somewhere. Driver moves are weird as hell in this game :D

On 15/07/2017 at 14:02, Cannabis said:

Indeed. I'm in my second season now and Alonso has gone to Toro Rosso and Jenson Button has come out of retirement to race for Renault xD. Have you seen the young Japenese girl that you can get as your reserve driver? I've forgot here name but she's got 19 marketability and 19 feedback at just 18 which means she's brilliant to have around. 

Wehrlein going to Formula E made me chuckle, as if.

Yup, but she lacks smoothness. Probably needs 5 pit stops per race due to tyre wear :D 

• Subscriber

I still need to get into this game but it sounds similar to an old F1 manager game from about 2000. Driver moves were so random, Schumacher would join BAR or some shit like that after winning the championship with Ferrari.

I used to play Grand Prix Manager 2 back in the day :D Results were random as fuck, but I still played the shit out of it. Even did my own editing and updated the grids etc. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

I used to play Grand Prix Manager 2 back in the day :D Results were random as fuck, but I still played the shit out of it. Even did my own editing and updated the grids etc. 

Yes, that's the badger! Quality game, a bit easy though to stay at the front when you get there, especially as the AI teams made absolutely random decisions while you could just get the best drivers, designers, engineers and keep them.

735009-grand-prix-manager-2-windows-scre

xD

33 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

I think I'm going to start a new game with a better team. I'm constantly improving the parts and the Sauber still drives like a turd. Or maybe I'll start my own team. 

If you've just watched Q1 for Silverstone... they were nowhere to be seen. Awful performance.

It seems like since Chelsea endorsed their team a few years back they turned to shit. Kamui Kobayashi... loved him.

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Subscriber

Really good game, my only beef is parts development. Surely they should start at 100% and then decline over time? Then be replaced, otherwise they explode during a race.  

• 5 months later...
  • Subscriber

Anyone used the Steam update somebody created for 2019? Updated to 21 tracks, Charles at Ferrari, all the drivers are updated, Gasly at RB etc. Also Q 1, 2 and 3 qualy, and you use the Q2 tires to start the race.

• 4 months later...
On 04/07/2019 at 17:39, MUFC said:

Anyone used the Steam update somebody created for 2019? Updated to 21 tracks, Charles at Ferrari, all the drivers are updated, Gasly at RB etc. Also Q 1, 2 and 3 qualy, and you use the Q2 tires to start the race.

I might give it another go in the future. 

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Just a heads up if anyone's interested: Motosport Manager Mobile 3 is currently free on the Playstore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playsportgames.mmm3

I've heard good things about it before but was reluctant to buy it as such games on mobile are usually too watered down but this one is amazing... So much depth but not too overwhelming. 

@Tommy @RandoEFC @MUFC

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Just a heads up if anyone's interested: Motosport Manager Mobile 3 is currently free on the Playstore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playsportgames.mmm3

I've heard good things about it before but was reluctant to buy it as such games on mobile are usually too watered down but this one is amazing... So much depth but not too overwhelming. 

@Tommy @RandoEFC @MUFC

Intriguing. I'll put it on the list. 

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, nudge said:

@Tommy @RandoEFC @MUFC

Might look into it. But am killing too much data per month as it is lol.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, nudge said:

Yeah I don't know how long it's going to be free; it's probably just a Christmas sale. 

Curious as to why a follow up hasn't been released for PC/Laptops.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived