talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neymar to Leave PSG?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Feeling we might end up with Ronaldo or Neymar. 

Neymar would probably be preferable.

3 hours ago, Danny said:

Let's be honest if the Neymar that was tearing up La Liga comes to England then he will just tear the Premier League up and much like Guardiola will have half the country eating humble pie.

But he's barely played over 30 games a season since joining PSG...can't say I've watched him that much in France but it does make you question how much physicality he has in him now.

You're right but if he plays 20 games and scores 18 times, I don't there would be many complaints.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Neymar would probably be preferable.

You're right but if he plays 20 games and scores 18 times, I don't there would be many complaints.

If that happens then no, really comes down to what you’re paying for him and whether it’d be worth it

1 minute ago, Danny said:

If that happens then no, really comes down to what you’re paying for him and whether it’d be worth it

Who gives a fuck what he is paid? Chelsea are a billion pound Premier League team with world wide exposure and the most expensive TV deal in the world. xD We are beyond the pale for a lot of these teams. Neymar is a Nike guy, so are Chelsea, they'd have a vested interest and having him in London, Barcelona -> Paris -> London, this shit writes itself.

Just now, Spike said:

Who gives a fuck what he is paid? Chelsea are a billion pound Premier League team with world wide exposure and the most expensive TV deal in the world. xD We are beyond the pale for a lot of these teams. Neymar is a Nike guy, so are Chelsea, they'd have a vested interest and having him in London, Barcelona -> Paris -> London, this shit writes itself.

But if you can spend the same money on a younger player with room to grow into that sort of stature, like they did with Eden Hazard, you’d prioritise that as a better investment.

Just now, Danny said:

But if you can spend the same money on a younger player with room to grow into that sort of stature, like they did with Eden Hazard, you’d prioritise that as a better investment.

That isn't how football works. Come on Daniel, it isn't 1991 anymore

23 hours ago, Spike said:

Fucking hell, just because he didn't reach his potential doesn't mean Neymar is shit. Christ almighty you'd think footballers were only GOATs or shite on here.

From the recent generation, there are few better when he's fully fit. He's a quality allround attacking player.

I mean, for Neymar Chelsea would be the perfecf fit. He goes to a league where every game is competitive, unlike Ligue 1. He's the kind of player who loves the big stage and Premier League is the biggest of them all nowadays.

There is also the aspect of the physicality of Ligue 1. French football is brutal. If I'm not wrong, he broke his foot twice on opponent tackles. 

I listed some reasons why that would be a good move for Neymar. As for Chelsea, I think it could make sense if Tuchel is on board. Neymar played some of the best football of his career under Tuchel. 

Lastly, Neymsr hasn't been a winger for years now, he's lost some pace but he's still an amazing player. His vision and creativity are still there, he still creates many chances for his team. 

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Neymar left Nike and signed with Puma in 2020.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived