Runners-Up - 3

Real Madrid
Last Europa League Final - 2018 - Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool
Times Won - 13
Runners-Up - 3

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need either of Fab or Thiago back for this one, both of them would be huge. If we can have them and Hendo in the middle j will be very confident of our chances here. 

Our team pretty much picks itself if everyone is fit. Sounds like Fabinho will be fine, Thiago less so. Keita will start if Thiago isn't ready you'd imagine. 

Interested who he goes for alongside Van Dijk. I've a feeling he goes with Konate for his pace. It's obvious that Real Madrid will target that side with Vinicius. Konate had his worst game in a Liverpool shirt on Sunday but I think there's factors around that, playing on the left which he wouldn't normally do and obviously without Van Dijk alongside him.

• Subscriber

I am not super confident here and its because this Real side have pulled rabbits out of hats all along this tournament. We either have to have something insurmountable thrown at them to ensure success or we have to be the lucky ones in the later stages of the game. 

50 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I am not super confident here and its because this Real side have pulled rabbits out of hats all along this tournament. We either have to have something insurmountable thrown at them to ensure success or we have to be the lucky ones in the later stages of the game. 

Yeah, it's hard to ever be confident if you're playing Real Madrid in a CL final - they're kings of this tournament and many of these players have been on the winning end of the CL final numerous times.

But we've got a good team and this is a chance to be a real crowning moment for what has been a very exciting season for us. One more very good performance needed and then these players can enjoy a must needed rest.

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

liverpool-realmadrid-combined-xi-5cb6d2a7a9ae92695bfd436da0234e2d.jpg

Could have flipped a coin on goal keepers. 

Jota over Mane is weird.

Don't get me wrong, Jota's a great player and I love having him. But Mane's been particularly good in the CL (generally... and this year) - and Jota's sort of at his weakest playing out wide tbh & Mane's definitely the better player on the left (and I think it's arguable that he's better in the centre than Jota too).

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, it's hard to ever be confident if you're playing Real Madrid in a CL final - they're kings of this tournament and many of these players have been on the winning end of the CL final numerous times.

But we've got a good team and this is a chance to be a real crowning moment for what has been a very exciting season for us. One more very good performance needed and then these players can enjoy a must needed rest.

I think anything could happen here really. They're confident of their chances (as they should be) but I get the feeling that if we pile the pressure on them from the get-go and don't let up (this is the hard part), then they'll have no way back. Having said all that they didn't have a lot of their players when they played the semi and look what happened there. Leaving this Real Madrid team with any kind of chance is very dangerous imo so anything that can be done to solidify our position early is going to get us over the line. This is where having Thiago would have made a big difference and I really hope he finds a way to get fit before that game but I highly doubt it. 

I'm reading BT Sport will be making it freely available, as the Euro finals have tended to be, via their own stream links & on YouTube.

If that is true & accurate, I'll be watching on my TV via the YouTube app.

Sign of where the Premier League is at, that Liverpool are favourites. With Real as almost some kind of unexpected plucky underdog done well.

35 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I'm reading BT Sport will be making it freely available, as the Euro finals have tended to be, via their own stream links & on YouTube.

If that is true & accurate, I'll be watching on my TV via the YouTube app.

Yeah it's been on YouTube the last few years.

• The title was changed to Champions League FINAL - Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid - Saturday 28th May, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived