talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League FINAL - Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid - Saturday 28th May, 2022

1 minute ago, Rick said:

He absolutely was the best player in the world during his form in the first half of the season, when those claims were made. Benzema has had a better 2022. 

No he wasn’t Rick, just in the Premier League.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

One thing that’s been put to bed is that Mo Salah is nowhere near beat player in the world. The fact people had him alongside Benzema is mental so early on

I don't know.

Benzema has better heading skills & hold up play.

Salah has different skills. And a spongey forehead.

Just now, Danny said:

Because Benzema has been a better player all season. Being honest Benzema being better had little to do with tonight but if you’re gunna give it the bigen like Salah has you have to at least score a goal

Salah had some great chances but their keeper pulled off great saves.

I do think some of Salah’s public statements before the final have been stupid and I agree he’s had a worse overall season than Benzema, and it’s taken him a while to find form after looking exhausted after AFCON.

I still think he’s in the top 2-3 in the world though so I wouldn’t say he’s miles off. But I’m obviously biased.

Insane record for Madrid, hopefully an end of an era considering the spine of that squad in their twilight years but probably not, they’ll get to 20 wins before we know it.

As for BT Sport, surely Gerrard was enough, adding Owen to the mix was torture, no self awareness whatsoever, unless they are doing it on purpose for all the social media commentary on how unbearable he is.

When you think about Liverpools struggles to score a goal in major finals, it does make you wonder how indispensable the "key" forwards really are. 

Salah and Mane have been incredible in the last few years but they just don't look the same on the big stage as the likes of Benzema.

I think Liverpools system and coaching can turn a lot of hard working, quality forwards from the top 6 of a big league into another similar level of player.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I do think some of Salah’s public statements before the final have been stupid and I agree he’s had a worse overall season than Benzema, and it’s taken him a while to find form after looking exhausted after AFCON.

I still think he’s in the top 2-3 in the world though so I wouldn’t say he’s miles off. But I’m obviously biased.

I’ll be honest mate I’ve had about 6 pints and I’ve started an argument I have no intention of staying in lol.

I think Benzema is better than Salah and that is obvious, but not for tonight alone.

Edit: I also think it was a pointless argument to start but here we are lol

48 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Salah looking like a mug now with that “Redemption” social media post whilst having his worst performance ever in a Liverpool kit. 

Absolutely did not think this was a worst performance from him. By far Luis Diaz was our weakest attacker, but overall Madrid closed us down in the final third 20% quicker than we were used to and it really broke up our ability to play little one two's inside the box and reduced the quality of our chances. 

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Danny said:
28 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Expand  

I’ll be honest mate I’ve had about 6 pints and I’ve started an argument I have no intention of staying in lol.

This is the sort of honesty we need to invest in more often around here.

Don't drink and TF365. Well, do. But admit it when you wake up on the morrow.

Liverpool didn't actually lose guys. See the score? That's just the UEFA narrative. That's big FIFA lobbying for the right result. In reality Salah scored a hattrick and was immediately bestowed the highest honor in football, the 'double Balon D'Or'. 

All those Liverpool fans climbing the fence like the fucking zombies in Day Z? Crisis actors. Alex Jones said so. 

Join the resistance on Sky News at 8 O'clock every weeknight if you want gods own truth on these matters.   

13 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Liverpool didn't actually lose guys. See the score? That's just the UEFA narrative. That's big FIFA lobbying for the right result. In reality Salah scored a hattrick and was immediately bestowed the highest honor in football, the 'double Balon D'Or'. 

All those Liverpool fans climbing the fence like the fucking zombies in Day Z? Crisis actors. Alex Jones said so. 

Join the resistance on Sky News at 8 O'clock every weeknight if you want gods own truth on these matters.   

You are a weirdo. Try hard cunt

22 minutes ago, Dan said:

This Real Madrid side is amazing. They master all the intangiables.

What was interesting for me was that Real Madrid played the entire competition like underdogs. 

They are less detestable when they are playing in this fashion.

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Harry said:

What was interesting for me was that Real Madrid played the entire competition like underdogs. 

They are less detestable when they are playing in this fashion.

I've not read the thread but I'm not having them bashed at all (like I've seen on some sites). They've come through one of the hardest knockout paths ever and bagged the trophy. Truly one of the great runs. Even tonight for all of Liverpool's shots Real Madrid won it fair and square, in-fact if anything they scored twice.

I don't know how much more this core of players has left but the signs are good for them with the likes of Vinicius and Camavinga.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived