talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League FINAL - Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid - Saturday 28th May, 2022

Don't think its been mentioned but Valverde, what a player. 

I didn't realise what a complete player he is. Defensively strong, fast, great dribbler and passer. The tactical decision to completely nullify Robertson was brilliant by Ancelotti. 

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Don't think its been mentioned but Valverde, what a player. 

I didn't realise what a complete player he is. Defensively strong, fast, great dribbler and passer. The tactical decision to completely nullify Robertson was brilliant by Ancelotti. 

He is what Arsenal and Juventus thought they were getting with Torreira and Bentancur.

9 hours ago, Stan said:

What? 

One team playing around the opponent's box with a couple of good shots on target while the keeper pulls a world class performance, the other team hitting them in the counter and scoring and wins 1-0. I have seen this probably a 1000 times before.

3 hours ago, Storts said:

The more I read the more I’m absolutely gutted for genuine Liverpool fans that went out there and the treatment they received from the police and authorities. It’s an absolute shambles that they’ve had to suffer through some ridiculous circumstances, tear gas, pepper spray etc, the potential for serious crushes and ticket holding supporters unable to get in to see their team. Unfortunately we know that UEFA and the french authorities are going to scapegoat and blame the fans but bar a small minority it sounds like they’ve been completely stitched up. Would have been gutted if that had been us 

I was reading on the Cardiff forum and saw this link from Twitter (looks reliable from what I read).

https://mobile.twitter.com/draper_rob/status/1530830463270518785?s=21&t=uNL-jKEurVRgRixLPF531Q

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Asura said:

One team playing around the opponent's box with a couple of good shots on target while the keeper pulls a world class performance, the other team hitting them in the counter and scoring and wins 1-0. I have seen this probably a 1000 times before.

It wasn't boring in the slightest. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

French police need to be painted black and left around US police to get the kind of justice they deserve.

Funny how so many on here were quick to jump on the ticketless Liverpool fans angle but not many posting about the truth more that it's come out. @Stortsaside, he's a decent lad

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Spike said:

He is what Arsenal and Juventus thought they were getting with Torreira and Bentancur.

Bentancur is excellent. Zero complaints from me. 

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Funny how so many on here were quick to jump on the ticketless Liverpool fans angle but not many posting about the truth more that it's come out. @Stortsaside, he's a decent lad

Doesn't really change anything for you though does it? You'll still come up with load of bollocks about everyone being anti-Liverpool won't you? 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Doesn't really change anything for you though does it? You'll still come up with load of bollocks about everyone being anti-Liverpool won't you? 

Not exactly wrong is he? The comments on here and social media jumping to conclusions about what was happening was fuelled by a hatred of Liverpool. There’s no denying that for me. Nobody wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt despite all the reliable evidence and reports stating that this was a problem not of their own making and very much as a result of some terrible decision making by the police and authorities.  

I was delighted they lost on the pitch but off it I’m appalled at the treatment their fans had to endure 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Storts said:

Not exactly wrong is he? The comments on here and social media jumping to conclusions about what was happening was fuelled by a hatred of Liverpool. There’s no denying that for me. Nobody wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt despite all the reliable evidence and reports stating that this was a problem not of their own making and very much as a result of some terrible decision making by the police and authorities.  

I was delighted they lost on the pitch but off it I’m appalled at the treatment their fans had to endure 

Not sure it was fuelled by hatred of Liverpool - at least not personally for me, hence my jibe and post. I'm sick and tired of some Liverpool fans on here thinking I hate Liverpool based on absolute fuck all substance. But they still run with it. 

Not posting anything today is not the equivalent of hating Liverpool because posts could be made yesterday. 

I've seen tweets and social media posts from friends that were there and also all the other journalists that were bottle-necked in by police vans and caught up in the shenanigans. I have sympathy for anyone that a) got caught up in anything, b) got hurt or injured as a result and c) missed any part of the game. After hours or days travelling its nowhere near the ideal situation to be confronted with. Police in Europe despise English fans thinking they're all the same. Its sickening seeing some of the fans caught up, elderly and disabled getting tear-gassed as they queued up innocently. Fans getting tear-gassed as they scanned their tickets for no reason. I don't envy what they had to endure at all. I'd hate to suffer that too. The authorities and police and UEFA definitely do have a lot to answer for. 

Additionally, I have absolutely no sympathy for any ticketless fans that managed to get in or cause delays - and yes there is evidence of that too. Hundreds of fans trying to get through security without a ticket slows the process. Climbing the fences getting into the ground. Unacceptable for those specific fans that give others a bad name. 

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'm not wrong though am I? You were so quick to jump on the ticketless Liverpool fans argument last night before any truth had been established. No acknowledgement that you were wrong today though. Same for a load of other cunts on here.

Just now, Stan said:

Not sure it was fuelled by hatred of Liverpool - at least not personally for me, hence my jibe and post. I'm sick and tired of some Liverpool fans on here thinking I hate Liverpool based on absolute fuck all substance. But they still run with it. 

Not posting anything today is not the equivalent of hating Liverpool because posts could be made yesterday. 

I've seen tweets and social media posts from friends that were there and also all the other journalists that were bottle-necked in by police vans and caught up in the shenanigans. I have sympathy for anyone that a) got caught up in anything, b) got hurt or injured as a result and c) missed any part of the game. After hours or days travelling its nowhere near the ideal situation to be confronted with. Police in Europe despise English fans thinking they're all the same. Its sickening seeing some of the fans caught up, elderly and disabled getting tear-gassed as they queued up innocently. Fans getting tear-gassed as they scanned their tickets for no reason. I don't envy what they had to endure at all. I'd hate to suffer that too. The authorities and police and UEFA definitely do have a lot to answer for. 

Additionally, I have absolutely no sympathy for any ticketless fans that managed to get in or cause delays - and yes there is evidence of that too. Hundreds of fans trying to get through security without a ticket slows the process. Climbing the fences getting into the ground. Unacceptable for those specific fans that give others a bad name. 

The French pigs and them Cunts from Uefa got it in for English fans. That's clear as day from some of the videos I've been watching on twitter.. 

Women and middle aged men struggling to breath while standing in line waiting to enter. 

2 lads sprayed when doing nothing.. 

Uefa are fucking embarrassing and the French no matter. I can't stand Liverpool but this one isn't on them 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

I'm not wrong though am I? You were so quick to jump on the ticketless Liverpool fans argument last night before any truth had been established. No acknowledgement that you were wrong today though. Same for a load of other cunts on here.

See above. 

Cunt. 

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

As if it’s not the case? @Storts summed it up perfectly. 

The anti-Liverpool sentiment on here from some last night was disappointing to say the least. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

You also just proved my point that whatever I said would have made no difference. 

1 minute ago, The Käiser said:

In truth Liverpool had been falling behind in games a lot recently against Villarreal in the second leg and in the premiership (villa I think) perhaps getting tired?

We went behind to Villa, Southampton and Wolves. 63 games, probably tiredness creeping in. There's a reason no one has ever won all and three trophies is such a rarity

• Subscriber

I don't know if I'm included in this but for my part I was simply pissing around with that joke. I did include two emojis to try and make that clear as I thought that was a pretty universal language on here.

To be frank I don't give two shits who was at fault and who wasn't. I have no idea what the actual details are and finding it out doesn't interest me.

I wouldn't sweat over clearing the fans of any wrongdoing. It was unsafe pitch invasions last week, ticketless fan stadium invasions this week. Next week there will be some other outrage and everyone will have forgotten about it.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

See above. 

Cunt. 

Throwing the insults around nowxD

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

You also just proved my point that whatever I said would have made no difference. 

You've not said you were wrong at any point. An acknowledgment that you jumped that gun regarding Liverpool fans would be nice.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived