talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League FINAL - Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid - Saturday 28th May, 2022

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Meanwhile French goverment officials are blaming the "lack of time to organise the final" and "not knowing who the finalists would be until very late" citing a "particular danger" of hosting Liverpool fans.

It's laughable, we've gone a season where we've played every club game we could have possibly had with no incidents. Meanwhile this season in France we've seen numerous instances of shite fan behavior, including the day after the final when St. Ettiene fans stormed the pitch and started attacking players and coaching staff because they were relegated.

If anything, there was a particular danger of Liverpool fans going to France and the French government should have provided our fans protection from the locals and the French police.

Nah that's absolute bollocks. They could have planned for various scenarios by the time it got to the semi finals. 

And even then, it shouldn't matter. You get enough security and police in place that know what's required and can do a job being a sensible person of trust for fans visiting. Not just because you 'think' some fans might cause issues. 

'lack of time organising' for the match is a massive cop-out (no pun intended) as well. Hardly like it was dropped on them a few days before. They had months to prepare. Having looked into it, the decision was made at an UEFA Executive Committee on 25th Feb. I hardly think that France had no reps there to provide their input and thoughts. And from then being granted the right to host the final, to then not put the required protocol in place is rubbish. 

The French authorities' handling of it all from start to now is shambolic. 

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This week, Twitter polls conducted by French news media organisation RMC have seen 94% of respondents declare that Darminin is lying about events at the Stade de France and the behaviour of Liverpool fans, while another saw 89% say that he should resign over the matter.

On Wednesday, the national newspaper Libération published a front cover with Darminin depicted with a Pinocchio-style elongated nose and a headline saying that he ‘making up his own match report.’

Oudéa-Castéra’s tweets, meanwhile, are being met with angry responses from French people who are talking about how embarrassed they are for their ministers’ actions, and the reputational damage France is taking on the international stage.

I have a friend who was at the match who got in fine but said that even leaving the stadium was the most terrifying experience of her life, as Liverpool fans were attacked by local youth while the police stood by and did nothing.

Meanwhile, Dutch reporters who were there stated that before the match the cops looked like they were enjoying tear-gassing and beating the supporters.

Where is Christophe Dettinger when you need him?

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

But no apology for the false information put on big screens when the kick off was delayed.

Yeah and only an apology once the other team comes forward and condemns UEFA for the treatment of their fans.

Disgraceful from UEFA and France, tbh.

• Subscriber

I don't know at what point France is forced to make a decision on whether they want to appear technically incompetent or incompetent in providing safety to tourists. While the choice is irrelevant its kind of reaching a weird stage it really shouldn't have.

I hope UEFA steps in way before that and shuts this whole thing down with a nice ban that last about a decade. I am sure the missing footage will show up within the hour after that comes out.

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I agree, I'm not sure what he has to do with this though?

Oh yeah. Read it wrong. Danny Mills can get in the bin too xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived