talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League FINAL - Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid - Saturday 28th May, 2022

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't know if I'm included in this but for my part I was simply pissing around with that joke. I did include two emojis to try and make that clear as I thought that was a pretty universal language on here.

To be frank I don't give two shits who was at fault and who wasn't. I have no idea what the actual details are and finding it out doesn't interest me.

I wouldn't sweat over clearing the fans of any wrongdoing. It was unsafe pitch invasions last week, ticketless fan stadium invasions this week. Next week there will be some other outrage and everyone will have forgotten about it.

Yeah you are. We had this last night. Joking or not, it just fuels the narrative  that Liverpool fans were to blame. 

I expect it from the other Evertonian on here but I did think better of you tbh.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering the history with Hillsborough it was probably appropriate in general to give them the benefit of the doubt when reports of bottleknecking come through, especially when talking to people who may have a personal/family history with that tragedy.

Not sure about on here but on Twitter there was a lot of always the victim type comments which is mostly fuelled by an anti-scouse sentiment and a false narrative surrounding Hillsborough.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah you are. We had this last night. Joking or not, it just fuels the narrative  that Liverpool fans were to blame. 

I expect it from the other Evertonian on here but I did think better of you tbh.

It was a joke and a wind up. You dish it out yourself more than anyone mate so I don't really have much sympathy.

If other people spread falsehoods and were actually being serious trying to slander Liverpool fans then by all means go and call them whatever nasty names you like, I've no idea whether that happened because I pretty much skim read the thread, but I'm not having that applied to me when it was blatantly only a wind up.

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Throwing the insults around nowxD

Taking after you. 

55 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You've not said you were wrong at any point. An acknowledgment that you jumped that gun regarding Liverpool fans would be nice.

I just listed my thoughts above. 

Take it or leave it. 

It is okay to disagree but the cunt word has been thrown around a lot in this thread.   Most of it has been banter,  just squint and laugh.   The amount of shit that everyone has had to go through with Liverpool fans this season,  if you didn't expect that it will come back then you are living in naivety.   Lets just tone down on the cunts per minute. 

Smile Motivate GIF - Smile Motivate Jack Black GIFs

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

It is okay to disagree but the cunt word has been thrown around a lot in this thread.   Most of it has been banter,  just squint and laugh.   The amount of shit that everyone has had to go through with Liverpool fans this season,  if you didn't expect that it will come back then you are living in naivety.   Lets just tone down on the cunts per minute. 

That I will apologise for. 

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

We went behind to Villa, Southampton and Wolves. 63 games, probably tiredness creeping in. There's a reason no one has ever won all and three trophies is such a rarity

Haven’t been reading up on it but has there been any rumours about transfers this summer?

if so what are your thoughts on them?

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

What shit have you, a Newcastle fan, been put through by Liverpool this season? Please, I’m curious. 

There’s something seriously wrong with the mentality of football fans who quite happily cheer on cheating blood money teams like City & Chelsea. Your own club just having joined that party. 

I'd guess Liverpool, as with Man United, are kind everyone's not-local rival.

Everywhere. Birmingham. Peterbrough. Preston. Adelaide.

At some stage it may be Chelsea-Man City. If that's not already started.

It's the winning by association certain people are attracted to, like moths to a bright light. Or teenagers to brand names.

But I do see more Real Madrid & Barcelona shirts than any 'big 6' on passing lads with footballs.

• Subscriber

It really isn't complicated or any sort of conspiracy. Nobody likes rival clubs gloating about their success. Liverpool and Man Utd have the most fans and almost everyone knows more fans of those clubs than Man City or Chelsea. Ergo, most people have more experience of having to put up with insufferable Liverpool and Man Utd fans than they do of other teams, so would prefer not to see them do well. A lot of media coverage also panders to those fanbases because they make up the most viewers which people resent because sometimes it comes across as bias toward those teams.

Obviously if everyone based their opinions off what's morally right re: oil club owners instead of their human instincts and football tribalism then the way neutral fans feel toward Liverpool and Man Utd compared to Chelsea and Man City would be different. But that could be said of a lot of things in life and humans are fundamentally irrational actors so this isn't something you can turn around with logic and fair argument.

7 hours ago, Rick said:

What shit have you, a Newcastle fan, been put through by Liverpool this season? Please, I’m curious. 

Everyone pretends they’re a rival of ours because of massive LDE tbh.

Only Evertonians and Man Utd fans I understand all of the vitriol. Everyone else, I’m pretty sure is just LDE.

9 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Haven’t been reading up on it but has there been any rumours about transfers this summer?

if so what are your thoughts on them?

Not heard anything concrete about incomings. Shit to be losing Mane though

10 hours ago, Stan said:

Taking after you. 

I just listed my thoughts above. 

Take it or leave it. 

You maybe need to make clear that you're not talking about ticketless Liverpool fans. I've seen no evidence of that. Only evidence of locals who clearly were not Liverpool fans climbing gates and storming turnstiles.

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Everyone pretends they’re a rival of ours because of massive LDE tbh.

Only Evertonians and Man Utd fans I understand all of the vitriol. Everyone else, I’m pretty sure is just LDE.

It's just schadenfreude. When you were finishing 7th and 8th I enjoyed watching you get put in your place because Liverpool were spoken in the same breath as Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal, despite delivering less than Tottenham. Huge egos on lots of fans every year, and was good fun watching them burst.

Now that you're genuinely good those egos have ballooned even more. Klopp is easy to like at times and easy to hate at others. It's still fun to watch you lose because it's always fun watching the big established clubs lose. You're now bearing the Manchester United cross, and they're bearing the old Liverpool cross.

Everything I said after you lost a game I didn't even watch was just for a laugh. You get the best reactions out of people when they're already (justifiably) upset. If Bremen hadn't achieved promotion I'm sure I'd have copped a heap of shit from a couple of members too, despite my team being way shitter and more low profile. 

10 hours ago, Rick said:

There’s something seriously wrong with the mentality of football fans who quite happily cheer on cheating blood money teams like City & Chelsea. Your own club just having joined that party. 

lol does it need explanation?

I get it, a few rich Arabs trigger you.  The other 20% of the club is owned by Brits with a cumulative net wealth of 25 billion pounds.   

for all the whinging clearly we are not buying the league like Chelsea and City did.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

for all the whinging clearly we are not buying the league like Chelsea and City did.

Correct. Despite your new-found wealth, you won't win the league at all. 

klipklop whining about a goal keeper doing goal keeper things, then arguing that you are bad if your keeper is man of the match.   the meme instantly came out with Allison MoTM in the FA Cup final lol.

when have had to put up with Klop 200IQ, best team ever, mentality monsters stuff all season.   when you paint a bullseye you can be angry when someone takes a shot at it.

clearly banter triggers the sensitive folk

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Correct. Despite your new-found wealth, you won't win the league at all. 

certainly not short term, but hopefully down the line say 5 or 6 years from now.   Hard to say.   I would settle for a cup run for now.   baby steps

11 hours ago, Rick said:

Man City are hated more than you mate, there is a reason  i'm the only City fan on here :4_joy: all the sane one's cant be bothered dealing with the constant bullshit like you have just posted above when you know full well after the initial investment in 2008 and a few years after we now make our own money and live off prize money etc and other riches for being the best team in the world.  

• The topic was unpinned

Archived