talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League FINAL - Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid - Saturday 28th May, 2022

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Marginal call there. I don't know exactly what the rules are but that ball mostly spazzed around off Liverpool players.

Real Madrid are absolutely terrible though. Liverpool comfortably the better team as expected.

That was offside for me, so not too annoyed with the decision. Think it might have been a blessing in disguise too, as if Madrid had gone defensive second half they'd be torn apart. 

0-0 is the best score for them, kick up the arse with nothing to chase.

50 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

You're quite precious aren't you for someone who gives it out the way you have done this season. xD

Don't let it ruin your night. Just seen heads starting to fall off and thought I'd play at some mischief.

You're just helping spread the UEFA narrative with shit posts like that. That'll stick now though they've got it out there

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Marginal call there. I don't know exactly what the rules are but that ball mostly spazzed around off Liverpool players.

Real Madrid are absolutely terrible though. Liverpool comfortably the better team as expected.

If there's a deliberate play by the defender it's not offside. 

If it comes off a defender and it's deemed not deliberate then it's offside. 

• Administrator
Just now, Redcanuck said:

Looks like it was called off because Benzema was offside.   

Only because they thought Fabinho's play was not deliberate. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

That was offside for me, so not too annoyed with the decision. Think it might have been a blessing in disguise too, as if Madrid had gone defensive second half they'd be torn apart. 

0-0 is the best score for them, kick up the arse with nothing to chase.

Played well for the first 30 minutes before stagnating a bit.

Been a bit unnerved by Alisson so far tbh. Looks nervous. 

I'm glad that was offside because it would have been an extremely shitty goal to concede.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You're just helping spread the UEFA narrative with shit posts like that. That'll stick now though they've got it out there

I'm flattered that you think I carry such influence and not to do down this forum but I don't think we hold a big enough stake in the discourse for any of our shitposting on here to affect the narrative that much. xD

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Only because they thought Fabinho's play was not deliberate. 

You sure about that?  If the original run is offside, which it was,  isn't the play dead once Benzema  touches the ball?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Redcanuck said:

You sure about that?  If the original run is offside, which it was,  isn't the play dead once Benzema  touches the ball?

It appears that initial run must have been onside otherwise this whole fiasco wouldn't have even been talked about! 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Seems to be a matter of whether you believe two deflections in a row can happen or whether you suddenly re-define a deflection as a deliberate play if more than one happens in a row.

Surely Konate's play for the ball is deliberate? Which then means whatever happens after - Fabinho touching the ball deliberately or not - is deemed irrelevant? 

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm flattered that you think I carry such influence and not to do down this forum but I don't think we hold a big enough stake in the discourse for any of our shitposting on here to affect the narrative that much. xD

Obviously I'm talking about on here and you can bet that you and your ilk are posting the same shit elsewhere. That post is no different to what you'll see on Twitter or Facebook comments.

Just now, Stan said:

It appears that initial run must have been onside otherwise this whole fiasco wouldn't have even been talked about! 

I am watching on American TV and at halftime the replays showed it was definitely offside.

• The title was changed to Champions League FINAL - Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid - Saturday 28th May, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived