talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sadio Mane - Bayern Deal Complete

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I wonder whether he'd have said that if we won last night but one cant tell. I wish him the best wherever he goes. He came in and hit the ground running, showed up when he was needed the most (against Bayern always comes to mind for me) and worked well with anyone that was put up with him up front. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Shame he’s feeling that way, but he gave us so much so he’ll go down as one of our best. 

We should be going in for Nkunku. 

Do you even need another attacker? 

You have Diaz to replace Mane and Carvalho to replace Diaz' rotation role. 

If true, he will be a big loss given what he contributes to the team but it was ineviable that either him or Salah would move on eventually.

Salah 29, Mane 30. Both wanting new increased deals with 'x amount of years'. Liverpool will also have one eye on the evolution of the side. Sometimes its hard to justify handing out two big deals to players of that age no matter how badly you want to keep them. And if they aren't prepared to meet in the middle, you're fucked really.

Taking everything into consideration, the club were obviously not prepared to budge from what they could offer and on the face of it, arguably decided to chuck all their eggs in Salah's basket.

35 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Definitely. Jota is great, but he isn’t Mane’s level. Carvalho May end up being brilliant, but he’s young and relying on him to take the rotation role is a risk. Took us everything from everybody to compete in all fronts, can’t be actively weakening our position. 

49 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Jota’s good but he’s not even close to as good as Mane out wide or in the centre.

I think if we sell Mane the logical thing to do is go out and buy another really really good attacker.

No offense to Fulham or the championship or Carvalho himself but if he’s gonna be a main backup for our front 3 I think we’re probably in trouble because he’s a fucking kid who bossed a second tier league. And stepping up to a side trying to regularly win the big trophies is a massive step up.

I kind of thought it was going to happen,  a season like this was going to end up with them leaving whether they won the league and champions league or not.   I can see liverpool going for Nunez and like pointed above they have Carvalho and Diaz in so it isn't like they are short of options. 

55 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Losing Origi and possibly Minamino, if rumours are to believed, we'll definitely need another, even if it's for the domestic cups. Carvalho more likely to replace Minamino's role I think

• Administrator

They'll deservedly and rightly get more than £30m. Liverpool can comfortably command that. 

Do Liverpool even need a replacement? They've got Carvalho, Salah, Diaz, Firmino, Jota to occupy those front positions. Even Harvey Elliott could play there if really necessary...?

• Subscriber

I'd say so. Can't expect that Carvalho to necessarily fill massive shoes straight away, Firmino isn't the player he was. Diaz and Jota will continue to improve but I'd have thought they need another attacker.

I hope he stays one more year. 

I can't begrudge him a new playing experience though if he does decide to leave. Playing careers are short, and the chance to try a few different experiences is understandable

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I wonder if Liverpool would eye up Dembele on a free now he's left Barcelona.

Ability isn’t in question, attitude is though. He would have to belt up pretty swiftly if he wants to work under Klopp. We wouldn’t put up with the behavioural issues. 

• The title was changed to Sadio Mane - Bayern Deal Complete

Archived