talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sadio Mane - Bayern Deal Complete

7 minutes ago, Rick said:

Ability isn’t in question, attitude is though. He would have to belt up pretty swiftly if he wants to work under Klopp. We wouldn’t put up with the behavioural issues. 

i cant see him working for liverpool.  

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

When the rumour came out what a week or so ago there where no German sources that had any info on it so I just kind of brushed it off but the longer this went on the more that was coming out. I do hope it comes to fruition and would make sense for us. Theres been stalls in the Gnabry extension and the rumoured offered wage imo isnt worth paying him and he still hasnt accepted that offer. Mane would be a clear upgrade and we should be able to recoup most of the transfer fee by selling Gnabry so im all for it. 

9 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

When the rumour came out what a week or so ago there where no German sources that had any info on it so I just kind of brushed it off but the longer this went on the more that was coming out. I do hope it comes to fruition and would make sense for us. Theres been stalls in the Gnabry extension and the rumoured offered wage imo isnt worth paying him and he still hasnt accepted that offer. Mane would be a clear upgrade and we should be able to recoup most of the transfer fee by selling Gnabry so im all for it. 

Hows Sane been playing this season?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Hows Sane been playing this season?

Hes an enigma man. Started the season slow after a month or so he settled in and was in his best form for a good half the season but after that fell back into the abyss. Finished the season on the bench for the last chunk of matches and was just never good enough. Idk what the deal is he has all the talent in the world but just cannot put it together for even an entire season. Very much like Gnabry in that regard. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Unlike you, we are in no position to turn down players who are vastly superior to our own. 

I don’t think he’s got the right attitude and you absolutely are in position to be picky about your players.

You’re one of the richest clubs in the world still ffs. You don’t have to make desperate signings of big names if they become available just because.

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Hes an enigma man. Started the season slow after a month or so he settled in and was in his best form for a good half the season but after that fell back into the abyss. Finished the season on the bench for the last chunk of matches and was just never good enough. Idk what the deal is he has all the talent in the world but just cannot put it together for even an entire season. Very much like Gnabry in that regard. 

When he's on form he's one of the best wingers in the game, id love him back at City tbh

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think he’s got the right attitude and you absolutely are in position to be picky about your players.

You’re one of the richest clubs in the world still ffs. You don’t have to make desperate signings of big names if they become available just because.

How is it a desperate signing? He's on a free. It's not a matter about being picky, its a matter of finding the right options that fit the profile, which Dembele does. Tuchel wants him and the player and Tuchel have a good relationship. 

We are not going to be splashing a lot of money on the attack when the entire team needs a rebuild and players need shifting. We don't have an owner that can write failed transfers off anymore.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

When he's on form he's one of the best wingers in the game, id love him back at City tbh

I absolutely agree. So far anyways it just hasnt been often enough. The one thing I can say is he was putting in effort tracking back even when out of form so it isnt for lack of effort these days. 

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's not really desperate. It's a free transfer, if he is shit it isn't the end of the world. But yeah, I wouldn't have high expectations for him,,

10 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You can have him for £10 :4_joy:  ..but who's Almiron? :35_thinking:

a south american refugee project. 

We just don't have a position for him or know how to get the best out of him.   when Rafa got him he played behind Perez and Rondon in a very successful three way but since then he has been dumped into a wide role which he is not suited for.  

Everton are apparently interested for a fee rumored around 15m,  I would happily move him on. 

Imagine if Liverpool went for Saka now Arsenal have missed out on the Champions League.

I don't think that would be beyond the realms of possibility given Arsenal's record for losing players.

He ticks all the boxes for Liverpool.

On 30/05/2022 at 10:32, Spike said:

It's not really desperate. It's a free transfer, if he is shit it isn't the end of the world. But yeah, I wouldn't have high expectations for him,,

I dunno, I think he's got like the raw attributes to be called a good player...

... but I also think that's true of some of the wingers that are currently at Chelsea that are rumoured to be fucked off out of Chelsea.

I think there's just so many question marks about his attitude and how durable he will be in a more physical league to think: even on a free transfer, Chelsea should be looking for something else in that position.

With the new ownership, there's a chance for Chelsea to move into some sort of more long-term planning than they've had under Putin's pen pal... and Chelsea are both rich and a good club currently, like I said earlier... I think they can afford to be a bit pickier than they've been.

Did he play under Tuchel though when he was at Dortmund? Because if that's the case, I guess that changes my opinion a bit - sometimes it can be good to bring in a player that has done well with the manager's system before when other players are failing to live up to the required standard.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I dunno, I think he's got like the raw attributes to be called a good player...

... but I also think that's true of some of the wingers that are currently at Chelsea that are rumoured to be fucked off out of Chelsea.

I think there's just so many question marks about his attitude and how durable he will be in a more physical league to think: even on a free transfer, Chelsea should be looking for something else in that position.

With the new ownership, there's a chance for Chelsea to move into some sort of more long-term planning than they've had under Putin's pen pal... and Chelsea are both rich and a good club currently, like I said earlier... I think they can afford to be a bit pickier than they've been.

Did he play under Tuchel though when he was at Dortmund? Because if that's the case, I guess that changes my opinion a bit - sometimes it can be good to bring in a player that has done well with the manager's system before when other players are failing to live up to the required standard.

Putins pen pal xD

18 hours ago, Cicero said:

Tuchel spent a season with Dembele. 

I remember reading that Dembele said he would have never left Dortmund if they kept Tuchel. So he's obviously a fan of him. 

On 30/05/2022 at 19:18, Lucas said:

Imagine if Liverpool went for Saka now Arsenal have missed out on the Champions League.

I don't think that would be beyond the realms of possibility given Arsenal's record for losing players.

He ticks all the boxes for Liverpool.

I've thought about this tbh but I think Saka gives Arsenal another season at least to get top 4. I also think Saka needs bigger numbers this season to justify a move that will most likely see him replacing Mo Salah. On top of all of that Saka's deal runs out in 2024 and I think if things don't go his way at Arsenal then next Summer is the perfect time to negotiate a move away with one year left on his deal as at that point there will be a host of big clubs looking to make smart purchases in a bid to keep up with City, Liverpool and PSG.

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

German media saying Mane is getting £325k a week if he signs for Bayern. 

Which German media out of interest? If you referring to tz, Bild or Sportbild I'd be careful. All or them have a history of inventing sums out of the blue. Asking because I read of a yearly income between 15 and 17 m Euro, which would be 243k to  278k Pound Sterling per week.

• The title was changed to Sadio Mane - Bayern Deal Complete

Archived