talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sadio Mane - Bayern Deal Complete

41 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Which German media out of interest? If you referring to tz, Bild or Sportbild I'd be careful. All or them have a history of inventing sums out of the blue. Asking because I read of a yearly income between 15 and 17 m Euro, which would be 243k to  278k Pound Sterling per week.

Correct! 99% of media are a bunch of chancers trying to sell papers or get clicks on a site. they claimed Haaland would cost 65million and 500k a week wages when the true numbers came out at 51million and 325k a week wages :4_joy:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Correct! 99% of media are a bunch of chancers trying to sell papers or get clicks on a site. they claimed Haaland would cost 65million and 500k a week wages when the true numbers came out at 51million and 325k a week wages :4_joy:

Also it's suspicious it's a quite round sum in Pound Sterling baring in mind the German currency is Euro.xD

• Subscriber

I'd really have liked to see something done with Lewandowski in all of this to come to Liverpool. Still feel he has a lot to offer and with Diaz now moving into Mane's spot and Jota needing time to readjust I think that would have been a good trade in all of this. Plus the guy is a proven goal-scorer and has worked with Klopp before. 

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Which German media out of interest? If you referring to tz, Bild or Sportbild I'd be careful. All or them have a history of inventing sums out of the blue. Asking because I read of a yearly income between 15 and 17 m Euro, which would be 243k to  278k Pound Sterling per week.

Basically this. Ive seen sums up to €20m even. More then that I doubt as thats basically in around our top earners of Neuer, Müller, Sane and the highest is apparently Lewy at around €23m. I think Rucks right in the wheelhouse anyways but maybe it does reach 20... with Gnabry reportedly being offered and rejecting 19 the world is doomed. 

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Basically this. Ive seen sums up to €20m even. More then that I doubt as thats basically in around our top earners of Neuer, Müller, Sane and the highest is apparently Lewy at around €23m. I think Rucks right in the wheelhouse anyways but maybe it does reach 20... with Gnabry reportedly being offered and rejecting 19 the world is doomed. 

I suspect if he joins you, he'd probably be up amongst the top earners at the club.

He's not exactly leaving us with his ability to demand top wages diminished in any way. He's leaving for a more fair transfer fee than I would have expected for a player of his stature (despite there just being one year left on his contract), he's been one of our key performers in numerous title challenges, consistently performed in the CL, off the back of winning an international tournament (and being named as the player of that tournament), and his form at the end of the season was simply brilliant.

2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

If that's the case the 325k Pound a week would be realistic. though.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I suspect if he joins you, he'd probably be up amongst the top earners at the club.

He's not exactly leaving us with his ability to demand top wages diminished in any way. He's leaving for a more fair transfer fee than I would have expected for a player of his stature (despite there just being one year left on his contract), he's been one of our key performers in numerous title challenges, consistently performed in the CL, off the back of winning an international tournament (and being named as the player of that tournament), and his form at the end of the season was simply brilliant.

Thats just it, I would expect the same and deservedly so. 

His recent comments about leaving us if the Senegal fans want him to are fucking stupid. Just announce if you’re leaving or not, like you said you were going to do before the final. 

Not that I’m under any illusions that he’s staying, it’s the pissing about that annoys me. 

2 hours ago, Rick said:

His recent comments about leaving us if the Senegal fans want him to are fucking stupid. Just announce if you’re leaving or not, like you said you were going to do before the final. 

Not that I’m under any illusions that he’s staying, it’s the pissing about that annoys me. 

He's probably seeing what kind of deals he can get without burning his bridges if he doesn't fancy whats on offer

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

We sold Solanki for £18m. Why on earth would Bayern imagine we'd sell one of the best players in his position for £21m?

According to most they would need to almost double that offer. 

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

We sold Solanki for £18m. Why on earth would Bayern imagine we'd sell one of the best players in his position for £21m?

According to most they would need to almost double that offer. 

One year left on his contract. We got Thiago for about £20m didn't we?

22 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

One year left on his contract. We got Thiago for about £20m didn't we?

I still think £21m is way too low considering his form and latest achievements. 

No way we sell for that.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

He's 30 years old. Last year of his contract. You aren't selling to a direct rival either. 

£21m with guaranteed bonuses is a good deal. 

I bet you we get more than that!! 

Plenty of world class players touching 30 go for more than £21m. 

Oh and there isn't guaranteed bonuses. Bayern would need to win the Champions league and that is far from a guarantee.

I'm absolutely fine with Mane leaving btw... I just know how Liverpool do business and I'm 100% sure Mane won't be sold for that amount... hence why it was rejected out of hand. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I bet you we get more than that!! 

Plenty of world class players touching 30 go for more than £21m. 

Oh and there isn't guaranteed bonuses. Bayern would need to win the Champions league and that is far from a guarantee.

I'm absolutely fine with Mane leaving btw... I just know how Liverpool do business and I'm 100% sure Mane won't be sold for that amount... hence why it was rejected out of hand. 

I'm sure you will negotiate more bonuses (considering we are still milking Real dry to this day for Hazard) but not so sure on the transfer fee. 

I think if they offer £25-30m plus a domestic and European bonus structure you'll accept. 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'm sure you will negotiate more bonuses (considering we are still milking Real dry to this day for Hazard) but not so sure on the transfer fee. 

I think if they offer £25-30m plus a domestic and European bonus structure you'll accept. 

I think £30m with domestic bonuses taking it to around £35m would be considered. 

Much better than £21m with a champions league bonus. 

Still think we will end up closer to £40m 

• Subscriber

Just opening negotiations, I imagine youll get closer to €40m when its all said and done but you absolutely stole Thiago and had no prolonged negotiations so Im absolutely sure that comes into play here. 

Yeah, they didn’t give us much hassle at all in the Thiago deal. They will be expecting to get something favourable in this one. Lewandowski straight swap is a fair deal 👀

36 minutes ago, Rick said:

Yeah, they didn’t give us much hassle at all in the Thiago deal. They will be expecting to get something favourable in this one. Lewandowski straight swap is a fair deal 👀

It was different circumstances when we signed Thiago though. 

For one he was quite injury prone and not a mainstay in the Bayern team (for some reason). 

Whereas Mane is never injured, is always in the first eleven and is always one of our best performers.

Bayern would have never sold us Thiago for £20m for the good of their health... just to be nice.

There was a reason they thought they were getting a fair price.

I’m not saying they did it as a favour, the benefitted themselves obviously. Thiago started the champions League final in his last season with them, he was first choice in that midfield when fit. 

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Just opening negotiations, I imagine youll get closer to €40m when its all said and done but you absolutely stole Thiago and had no prolonged negotiations so Im absolutely sure that comes into play here. 

Yeah - it's just opening negotiations. Why wouldn't Bayern start off trying to get him as cheap as they can reasonably ask to get him? We will probably come back to them with a price that's a bit higher than they'd be willing to pay and we'll end up meeting somewhere in the middle.

The man's a legend for us and wants one last massive payday and wants to do it in a way where we get a transfer fee, I think a deal will be done where all parties (both clubs and the player) are relatively happy. Sad to see him go, but after so many years of top notch service for him... he'll be leaving with his head held high.

• The title was changed to Sadio Mane - Bayern Deal Complete

Archived