talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sadio Mane - Bayern Deal Complete

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It was different circumstances when we signed Thiago though. 

For one he was quite injury prone and not a mainstay in the Bayern team (for some reason). 

Whereas Mane is never injured, is always in the first eleven and is always one of our best performers.

Bayern would have never sold us Thiago for £20m for the good of their health... just to be nice.

There was a reason they thought they were getting a fair price.

He was absolutely a mainstay and guaranteed in our best 11 but he was just often injured as you say. We also suck at selling players and always have I dont know the reason but there is 0 chance that was a fair price for Thiago and we knew it but didnt drag out negotiations to get more. He wanted to go to you guys and was a warrior for us for what 8 years? we did right by him, thats all. 

Anyways theres middle ground to be had, I bet a deal gets done that both sides are fine with in the end. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I still think £21m is way too low considering his form and latest achievements. 

No way we sell for that.

I don't disagree. Can see why Bayern have gone in low to begin with though

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Cody Gakpo. 

Idk tbh I think Diaz might be our Mane replacement that just came a bit early because Spurs forced our hand. I think there's a reason most of the contract extension talk for our "traditional" front 3 has been focused around Salah, rather than Mane and Firmino who's contracts are up at the same time. If the club can get Salah to agree to a new deal, I think they're keen on keeping him whereas with Mane I suspect if the right offer was going to come in we'd probably have taken it this year. I think Firmino will be leaving on a free at the end of next season as well.

With Origi gone and Minamino likely to move on, one of our big strengths over the last season - our attacking depth - is going to be taking a hit. So I wonder if we'll be signing a Salah understudy/possible replacement (because there's no guarantee he extends his time with us at this point) or if we're more interested in a "regular" out-and-out sort of striker to replace Origi's role in the squad, because outside of him we don't really have a "traditional" striker (you can argue Jota, but I'm not so sure he fits that mold either).

We do have Carvalho coming in and it's been suggested by the journos that have demonstrated they know wtf is happening at Liverpool that Klopp sees him having an immediate squad role... I suspect that'll be in the Firmino sort of false 9 role. So maybe that's the plan to replace Minamino's role in the squad?

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

He needs to stop with the silly cryptic comments if he wants to leave as a legend.

He's going to leave this summer and there's nothing that he can really do, short of joining Manchester United or Everton, that will ever take his legendary status away from him. His other comments weren't even cryptic, he was making a shit joke and after his comments were misinterpreted he apologised for making a shit joke that didn't translate well into either English or French.

There's nothing to get bent out of shape about him leaving about tbh. He's a great player and I would love it if he stayed and ended his career here - but he's going to be getting one last contract where he's guaranteed a shitload and gets to challenge himself in a new league with another club that's European royalty. He's not made any comments that are disparaging towards the club or the fans.

He's going to be leaving on good terms in a way that's going to benefit him and benefit the club as well (we'll be getting a decent fee). I'm more annoyed with Salah trying his best Mbappe impression to get a new contract, but threatening to join City or Chelsea on a free if he can't get the deal he wants with us.

But even then, both of them are eternal legends for ending the 30 year drought. They've also been a part of a squad that's won literally every trophy Liverpool could possibly want to win, so it's very hard to say neither of them are legends.

Feels like a mockery of the situation really.

Obvious that transfers are discussed well before the season ends (no one seems to give a fuck about tapping up anymore) but you'd have thought Bayern would have reached a gentlemen's agreement on the price to save all this dicking about.

It's like they are using the leveredge knowing Mane wants to move to get him for peanuts. Dangerous game to play.

Just say they don't go higher now and Liverpool refuse to budge. It kind of hangs Mane out to dry a bit with the fans given he's as good as indicated he wants to leave.

Very odd behaviour.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Apparently, the add-ons are only triggered if Bayern win the Champions League three times and he wins the Balon D’or three times as well. For them to even put that sort of deal on the table is an insult if true. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Apparently, the add-ons are only triggered if Bayern win the Champions League three times and he wins the Balon D’or three times as well. For them to even put that sort of deal on the table is an insult if true. 

If Bayern piss off FSG too much I can see us walking away

• Subscriber

Yeah I dont get the lowballing, stop messing about and get it done. Opening offer is one thing but if that second bid is true aigh.

Now reports saying Brazzo and maybe even Kahn are flying to England to finalize things. Hopefully thats the case. 

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

When Sane is on form he's the best winger in the game mate, Mane don't come close to what this kid can do. he's broken at the minute though

He wasn’t even the best winger at City mate xD

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah I dont get the lowballing, stop messing about and get it done. Opening offer is one thing but if that second bid is true aigh.

Now reports saying Brazzo and maybe even Kahn are flying to England to finalize things. Hopefully thats the case. 

Maddock, one of the reputable journos for us said this:

Salihamidzic wants to visit Anfield for talks, but told in no uncertain terms absolutely no point in making the journey after such an "insulting" offer.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He wasn’t even the best winger at City mate xD

Watch that video, i bet you cant repeat that sentence with a straight face ;) ..he's like Kinklade's long lost love child :ph34r: best out and out winger we have had ever when he's on form

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Maddock, one of the reputable journos for us said this:

Salihamidzic wants to visit Anfield for talks, but told in no uncertain terms absolutely no point in making the journey after such an "insulting" offer.

Yeah it seems like intentional leaks but tbh it wasnt THAT much of a lowball. "Insulting" is kinda funny when like what an additional €10m probably gets a deal done? 

15 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah it seems like intentional leaks but tbh it wasnt THAT much of a lowball. "Insulting" is kinda funny when like what an additional €10m probably gets a deal done? 

You don’t think that the add on terms are an insult? Three Champions League’s & three Balon d’or’s. Taking the absolute piss.

The club should make it clear that Bayern have one more chance at a respectable offer or there won’t be a deal made. 

29 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

3 Balon d’Ors to get close to the valuation is actually hilariously insulting.

Might has well have said £10m if he sprouts wings and flies across the Atlantic. And they know it because even Lewa couldn’t win it in seasons where he very should have won it xD

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Rick said:

You don’t think that the add on terms are an insult? Three Champions League’s & three Balon d’or’s. Taking the absolute piss.

The club should make it clear that Bayern have one more chance at a respectable offer or there won’t be a deal made. 

Yeah sure the add ons kinda seem shit but is that insulting? I dont know man xD Just negotiate who cares. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

3 Balon d’Ors to get close to the valuation is actually hilariously insulting.

Might has well have said £10m if he sprouts wings and flies across the Atlantic. And they know it because even Lewa couldn’t win it in seasons where he very should have won it xD

Yeah alright maybe you have a point :what: Just get a deal done.

• The title was changed to Sadio Mane - Bayern Deal Complete

Archived