talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sadio Mane - Bayern Deal Complete

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Bayern: Tries to negotiate a deal where they feel like they're paying a reasonable fee for a 30 year old player.
Liverpool fans: "Oi nah just let us rip you off like every premier league club does then hey?"

Curious why its a rip-off, he's one of our best players and still has a lot to offer to Liverpool if Bayern decided they wanted to step away from the deal. They see the value so they coughed up the money in the end.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Bayern: Tries to negotiate a deal where they feel like they're paying a reasonable fee for a 30 year old player.
Liverpool fans: "Oi nah just let us rip you off like every premier league club does then hey?"

If Manchester United wanted mane their opening offer would have been 60 million plus a blowjob from ronaldo. 

They tried to put in him winning the balon d’or three times as part of the negotiations. Hardly reasonable. 

On 17/06/2022 at 21:49, Mel81x said:

Curious why its a rip-off, he's one of our best players and still has a lot to offer to Liverpool if Bayern decided they wanted to step away from the deal. They see the value so they coughed up the money in the end.

It's definitely not a rip-off, he's one of the best attacking players in Europe. It's a pretty fair deal in the current market and sort of in line with the Thiago transfer, big fee for a very good player in the last year of his contract... but he would have been incredibly expensive if he had more than a year left. We probably paid what Bayern valued having one more year of Thiago would have been worth to them - Bayern probably paid what we would have viewed having one more year of Mane would have been worth to us.

Mane's won everything he can win at Liverpool and wanted a new challenge, we didn't stand in his way and negotiated a deal that was acceptable to us. Seems like all clubs involved and the player should feel relatively happy. Also it's pretty obvious we'd have asked for more if it was going to a league rival. And if United made an offer, we'd probably just reject it unless it was something like £100m.

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Why couldn't he just pick a normal number? :35_thinking:

If you add it all up it makes 9, must be waiting for Lewa to leave :ph34r:

I will miss the fucking absolute legend. 6 great years of service for us... and he's leaving the premier league as the player with the longest streak of seasons where he scored 10 league goals or more (including his stint with Southampton, the record is now 8).

• Subscriber

Klopp with some great words as always. Just a stark contrast in how Lewy would be leaving us now, if he does anyways. 

“It’s a big moment. There is no point in anyone trying to pretend otherwise. One of Liverpool’s greatest ever players is leaving and we must acknowledge how significant this is,” 

“He leaves with our gratitude and our love. He leaves with his status among the greats guaranteed. And, yes, he leaves in a moment where he is one of the best players in world football. But we must not dwell on what we now lose, instead celebrate what we were privileged to have. The goals he scored, the trophies he won; a legend, for sure, but also a modern-day Liverpool icon,” 

“Since he first stepped through the door, he made us better. If someone had told us in that moment what he would go on to contribute and achieve for this club, I’m not sure it would have been possible to comprehend in that moment. Not the scale of it at least. Sadio made it all possible. To be that good for such a sustained period and continuously improve season on season — no matter how high he set his own bar in the previous one — is an example to any player anywhere on the planet that professionalism and dedication leads to reward,”

“I respect completely his decision and I’m sure our supporters do also. If you love LFC, you have to love Sadio — non-negotiable. It is possible to do this while accepting our loss is Bayern’s gain. We wish him nothing but success in every match he plays in, unless, of course, it’s against us. His star will continue to rise, I have no doubts,” he said.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If you add it all up it makes 9, must be waiting for Lewa to leave :ph34r:

I will miss the fucking absolute legend. 6 great years of service for us... and he's leaving the premier league as the player with the longest streak of seasons where he scored 10 league goals or more (including his stint with Southampton, the record is now 8).

Have I read that right, nobody has managed 9 seasons of 10+ goals in a row? That really surprises me.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Have I read that right, nobody has managed 9 seasons of 10+ goals in a row? That really surprises me.

I looked into it and the stat is incredibly misleading, he’s got the longest streak of players to score 10 goals every single season they’ve been in the league and then left the league. So there are longer streaks and someone cherry picked a stat to make it seem more impressive than I think it is xD

Cos some players are still in the league, so it’s kind of a weird stat, cos I think Kane has a longer streak currently.

1 hour ago, Aladdin said:

These current corp of African players in PL Salah, Mane, Mahrez are even better than Drogba, Eto'o era imo. 

You could argue Salah is close to Eto’o (Eto’o is still clear), but not Mane.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I looked into it and the stat is incredibly misleading, he’s got the longest streak of players to score 10 goals every single season they’ve been in the league and then left the league. So there are longer streaks and someone cherry picked a stat to make it seem more impressive than I think it is xD

Cos some players are still in the league, so it’s kind of a weird stat, cos I think Kane has a longer streak currently.

I looked up Kane funnily enough and he's on I think 8, and he'll almost certainly manage it again next season. In-fact Vardy is on 7.

Archived