talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nottm Forest Back in the Premier League!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's been that long since they've been up here that I remembered once had 13 swaps of this guy

20220529_183618.jpg

He's the only sticker I remember because of that pineapple hair doo 😂.

Good luck to Forest, but blimey looking at the list of players they have on loan they're going to need to strengthen significantly to stay up.

• Subscriber

6 points please and relegation, hopefully delivered at our place.

They've deserved it over the course of the season but that was a complete joke earlier today. Another scandalous officiating display in a big game.

I admit, I've missed them.

I admit, I remember when Brian Clough was manager, in the later days red face & green sweater era. When Nigel was playing for them. When Edward Sheringham was a promising young man playing for Forest. When Brian Clough slapped a pitch invader round the head. Stuart Pearce. Des Walker. When Stan Collymore was quite good. They were a team I liked to see do well.

19 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

don't think Brentford will be basement dwellers

My issue is that other than Southampton I don’t see any potential dross who will get dragged in. Meaning either all 3 that came up will go down, or someone not expecting it will get dragged into a battle

13 minutes ago, Danny said:

My issue is that other than Southampton I don’t see any potential dross who will get dragged in. Meaning either all 3 that came up will go down, or someone not expecting it will get dragged into a battle

Southampton need to make something happen, over the final 20 games they had 17th place form.  

Everton, Leeds will be down that side and all three promoted clubs.  Southampton possibly and if west Ham and Brighton get stripped then they will be in the bottom half.

I feel all three promoted sides will go down.

• Administrator
Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

Southampton need to make something happen, over the final 20 games they had 17th place form.  

Everton, Leeds will be down that side and all three promoted clubs.  Southampton possibly and if west Ham and Brighton get stripped then they will be in the bottom half.

I feel all three promoted sides will go down.

West Ham? Based on what?

I think they'll keep a good core to their side and be top half. Their recruitment has vastly improved since Moyes has been back. 

Just now, Stan said:

West Ham? Based on what?

I think they'll keep a good core to their side and be top half. Their recruitment has vastly improved since Moyes has been back. 

it depends if they keep Bowen and Rice.   if they get stripped down they may struggle

Just to keep the focus on Forest, they have some serious work to do now.

The club had a few loans this season so they need to get them signed up, specifically Djed Spence Phillip Zinckernagel and James Garner who have all been key to their success. Other clubs will be eyeing up Spence and Garner also.

Apart from Brennan Johnson, they need to target a quality striker for sure, possibly even two. What they currently have (Grabban, now out of contract and 34), Surridge (untried at PL level) and had on loan (Davis from Villa) will not be good enough. I'd worry about goals for them.

Probably going to need a minimum of 7 signings to be competitive I'd say and that includes the key 3 loanee's they need to sign up.

If they were clever, they could target Ben Mee on a free from Burnley to go in defence with Worrall and Cook/McKenna. He'd add some great PL experience.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The club had a few loans this season so they need to get them signed up, specifically Djed Spence Phillip Zinckernagel and James Garner who have all been key to their success. Other clubs will be eyeing up Spence and Garner also.

Apart from Brennan Johnson, they need to target a quality striker for sure, possibly even two. What they currently have (Grabban, now out of contract and 34), Surridge (untried at PL level) and had on loan (Davis from Villa) will not be good enough. I'd worry about goals for them.

Probably going to need a minimum of 7 signings to be competitive I'd say and that includes the key 3 loanee's they need to sign up.

If they were clever, they could target Ben Mee on a free from Burnley to go in defence with Worrall and Cook/McKenna. He'd add some great PL experience.

Was looking at out-of-contract players yesterday wondering who we could get and generally where players might go.

Anyway, players for Forest that could be realistic - Vydra, Ayew, Yarmolenko, Welbeck.

Not young, but won't cost a lot in terms of transfer fee. Have no idea what their wages would be like though.

• Subscriber

I think almost any team apart from the traditional top six is only a few poor decisions or an injury crisis away from a relegation fight to be honest. I'd exclude (only to an extent, not entirely) West Ham, Leicester and possibly Wolves from that but it certainly applies to the rest. The difference in quality between mid-table and relegation has shrunk by a lot in the last couple of years. I do think that the newly-promoted teams will have their work cut out from day one to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Was looking at out-of-contract players yesterday wondering who we could get and generally where players might go.

Anyway, players for Forest that could be realistic - Vydra, Ayew, Yarmolenko, Welbeck.

Not young, but won't cost a lot in terms of transfer fee. Have no idea what their wages would be like though.

I can see Brighton re-signing Welbeck. Whilst the others are not bad shouts at all, I feel like Forest will need to try and find that unknown quantity kind of player too, bit like we did with Raphinha, to add that extra bit of quality.

It's actually going to be interesting what kind of budget they get. I've not actually got that much of an idea how much Marinakis might pump into the club for spending but I imagine they will push the boat out now they are up here.

I think unlike ourselves and Brentford who have managed to survive in recent years after promotion, Forest aren't coming up with the quality either of us already had.

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

rumoured to want Lascelles, it is a reunion signing.

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I can see Brighton re-signing Welbeck. Whilst the others are not bad shouts at all, I feel like Forest will need to try and find that unknown quantity kind of player too, bit like we did with Raphinha, to add that extra bit of quality.

It's actually going to be interesting what kind of budget they get. I've not actually got that much of an idea how much Marinakis might pump into the club for spending but I imagine they will push the boat out now they are up here.

I think unlike ourselves and Brentford who have managed to survive in recent years after promotion, Forest aren't coming up with the quality either of us already had.

Are Forest that bad? When we played them they were seriously better than most PL teams we played last season.

54 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Are Forest that bad? When we played them they were seriously better than most PL teams we played last season.

Its not that they are bad, they are a solid enough outfit, but I think they'll struggle for goals at a higher level.

Brentford came up with a goalscorer in Ivan Toney, who I think most believed would get goals at this level, and he did. Defensively, they were decent too which meant they could nick a few games. Erikson was that extra bit of quality they needed to get over the line.

We played the Bielsa style which ruffled some serious feathers and were capable of scoring plenty of goals which we did.

Forest don't have a talisman up front or the expansive style to go out and do what we did IMO. Judging on a one off cup game when they played your virtual 2nd string in a game that meant loads to them probably isnt a barometer I'd use to be honest.

They have gone up but they need to re-sign some of the loanee's who will be in demand now as well as add more quality to the squad for sure.

19 hours ago, Lucas said:

Yeah, I don't think it's rude to suggest that this is going to take the biggest Team surgery since Blackpool to keep a side up in this divison. Ideally I think they'll need eleven additions but that could drop to seven if they decide to keep the likes of Grabban, Cafu, Lolley and Mighten.

I think they'll be able to get back the likes of Keinan Davis, Joe Garner, Max Lowe, Sam Surridge etc. but getting back Djed Spence and Zinckernagel may be a challenge.

We've expressed interest in Garner also. I think he's going to have a choice of about 4 or 5 clubs this summer.

Southampton, Leicester as well as obviously Forest will also be competing according to The Athletic.

Archived