talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Richarlison - joins Tottenham

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's clearly a decent player but I at the same time I don't rate him that much and I don't really know why. Sometimes he gives me the same energy that Vinicius gave when he made a point of celebrating a goal in the FA Cup against non-league Marine

It makes sense for him to move now. Everton need the money for FFP reasons and this is a good opportunity for him to move to a big side off the season he has just had.

I'm not sure what fee Everton would command or what the state of finances in Italy are but I reckon he would make a real impact for one of the bigger clubs in Italy.

16 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

He's a great player. Bookmark this thread and we'll see whose hot takes age well and which ones stink out the gaff a few years down the line, that's all I'll say.

I think 'great' is stretching it a little mate. Same as me saying he's shite' is 'stretching it.

I think he's somewhere in between. Staying off the floor claiming he's been snipered would be a start. 

20 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

He's a great player. Bookmark this thread and we'll see whose hot takes age well and which ones stink out the gaff a few years down the line, that's all I'll say.

He's a good player, I just think he's a shithead

1 hour ago, Danny said:

He's clearly a decent player but I at the same time I don't rate him that much and I don't really know why. Sometimes he gives me the same energy that Vinicius gave when he made a point of celebrating a goal in the FA Cup against non-league Marine

I know what you mean but I think you may think that because of how easy he hits the deck and playing for a struggling team, he has a tendancy to go missing in games.

However, all in all, he is a good player. It would be interesting to see what kind of price tag Everton would put on him because for me, he'd fall around the £50-60m bracket. I could see him for example at Arsenal playing one of the wings on the front 3.

I'd like to see what he could do in a team with better players around him. He was the best player at Watford and he's been the best player at Everton in his time there. He could easily improve with better players around him.

I've never actually seen him play fot Brazil, that would be interesting to see as they have a good side.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think 'great' is stretching it a little mate. Same as me saying he's shite' is 'stretching it.

I think he's somewhere in between. Staying off the floor claiming he's been snipered would be a start. 

That's what you think and that's fine. I'm not going to argue. Just saying that this thread will be easy to find a few years down the line and we'll see how things have panned out for him then. I'm not worried about looking silly.

I don't defend his antics either but they are no reflection on his ability as a footballer.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I know what you mean but I think you may think that because of how easy he hits the deck and playing for a struggling team, he has a tendancy to go missing in games.

However, all in all, he is a good player. It would be interesting to see what kind of price tag Everton would put on him because for me, he'd fall around the £50-60m bracket. I could see him for example at Arsenal playing one of the wings on the front 3.

I'd like to see what he could do in a team with better players around him. He was the best player at Watford and he's been the best player at Everton in his time there. He could easily improve with better players around him.

I've never actually seen him play fot Brazil, that would be interesting to see as they have a good side.

I think your first paragraph summed it up, cos when I see him play I seem to think he can both score goals and is shit at the same time, which is extremely conflicting and doesn’t make sense. I think Arsenal would be a terrible move for them, he doesn’t really strike me as the type of character they need to propel them forward.

I think his fairly large transfer sun and the drama that ensued after from Watford goes some way to feeling underwhelmed by him as at the time he was made out to be a potential world class player.

11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Probably 

• Administrator

Quite clearly a talented player and stood out like a sore thumb in terms of quality in that Everton side.

33 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

He's earned his move, wish him well.

The money we will get for him is too good to turn down too, win/win for all parties really.

How much do you think you'd get for him?

• Subscriber

This is really the hardest transfer window to predict for us. This transfer isn't even nailed on, the Stevenson bloke who writes for The Times or something reckons Richarlison actually sought reassurance about transfers and possibly a new deal but wants to be informed if a bid comes in from a Champions League side. I don't know what assurances we can really provide though with the financial situation.

Calvert-Lewin and (less so) Pickford have been linked with moves away too. Our needs could depend a lot on who leaves and which other squad players the club wants to shift end up going.

As for what fee we could expect for Richarlison, it's really hard to tell in the current market, and as nobody outside the board room really has a genuine idea of what the financial situation is regarding FFP, it's quite difficult to second guess how strong our bargaining position is in terms of a transfer fee. He is under contract for two more years I believe so that shouldn't factor into much depreciation compared to his market value at least. I also don't think we'll suffer from any shithousery from his end toward Everton.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Richarlison - Tottenham Latest to be Linked
  • Subscriber

Jokes aside, I do find it an odd link. The valuation discussed was 60m Euros which is just over £50m and I can't see that Spurs need to spend money like that on an area of the team that is comfortably their strongest in my opinion. Everton want more than that too.

Spurs haven't made any offer yet anyway, by the way. Nor has anyone else. Richarlison will be linked with 20+ clubs between now and the end of the transfer window.

• The title was changed to Richarlison - joins Tottenham

Archived