• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Richarlison - joins Tottenham

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Storts said:

This sounds like something we’d be trying to exploit. Although weirdly vibe I get is they’re more interested in Raphinha

Doesn't just sound like something you'd exploit, it sounds like bedroom roleplay for Daniel Levy.

• Subscriber
Just now, Danny said:

Doesn't just sound like something you'd exploit, it sounds like bedroom roleplay for Daniel Levy.

Hahah it’s what gets him going for sure . Let’s see. Have a feeling he ends up at Chelsea though 

Just now, Storts said:

Hahah it’s what gets him going for sure . Let’s see. Have a feeling he ends up at Chelsea though 

Levy would just join in for pure amusement with no intention of buying, like an F1 driver go-karting.

• Subscriber

The June 30 thing is interesting. Very complicated situation at the moment with the takeover talks going on as well although apparently that doesn't affect the FFP side of things.

Would be better if we could get Gomes shifted early and give ourselves breathing space on this one but I don't know whether he pulls in a big enough fee to make the required difference.

Moshiri and the board only got themselves to blame.

Little bit annoying that he will be going to Spurs, obviously better opportunities in the league but a club well documented for winning absolutely nothing. I would have much preferred him going to Chelsea, to perhaps have a fair crack at a domestic cup or even Europe.

Goes with my blessing though, what a guy. Quite amusing how he will now go from being someone who hits the deck far too often to being someone that's very tactical and impressive at winning fouls in the media - Paul Merson will probably start to rim him each week. 

• Subscriber

He'll get on well with Conte I think. I wouldn't rule Spurs out of winning something in the next couple of years as their current team rides through its peak years. If not then at least he will play in the Champions League against the best in the world next season which was his reason for leaving.

I agree that it'll be interesting to see how the various narratives surrounding the lad shift over the next year or two. xD

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I wouldn't rule Spurs out of winning something in the next couple of years as their current team rides through its peak years.

I thought this a few years ago too. With Conte I think they have a better chance at doing so. He's forming a very good squad. FA Cup and/or League Cup is their best shot. CL and PL are out of the question. 

16 minutes ago, Stan said:

I thought this a few years ago too. With Conte I think they have a better chance at doing so. He's forming a very good squad. FA Cup and/or League Cup is their best shot. CL and PL are out of the question. 

Chelsea would have been a better shot though, although with Raphinha I guess they never really came to to the table.

• Subscriber

Disappointing fee given what we signed him for and how good he's been for us but good if we're getting that much of it up front and should clear the bulk of the FFP deficit.

When we sold Lukaku but we had a billionaire owner, that was supposed to be the end of these days where our best players would have to leave to fulfil their ambitions and once again, it's testament to the disastrous running of the club during this period that not only are we still in that position, we're further away than we were from competing with the top 6 on a regular basis.

If/when this takeover happens, Moshiri will gratefully be out of the picture, but the new owners need to make absolutely sure that Bill Kenwright and his allies on the board go with him. Clean slate needed. None of them can make any case that they should be kept on for stability or a smooth transition because they've perpetuated the club's position in absolute mediocrity for decades now. Just fuck off please.

• Subscriber

I’m very happy with this. Perfect for the squad. Can play up front if Kane needs a rest, can play out wide if Son needs a rest or can play with both of them. Excellent acquisition for us at a pretty reasonable fee 

• The title was changed to Richarlison - joins Tottenham
4 hours ago, Chickasaw said:

Of all the transfer business to date Richarlison is the only one with whom I am not 100% happy. I have my doubts the same as Teddy Sheringham about where he exactly fits in. Only time will tell.

I think you need to view the transfer more about the strength in depth it gives you in your squad and the versatility up front.

Majority of the time in the big games, he will probably just compete for one spot in the front three granted, between him and Kulusevski.

But Richarlison can play central as well as wide and I think what Conte ultimately wants is to be able to trust someone to take the burden off Kane and Son much like Jota/Diaz did from Salah and Mane. To be the best, you need this strength.

A signing of Richarlison's quality pushes others to raise their standards further, they know they can't afford their level to dropor a quality player is coming in. Kulusevski certainly will need that push to prove he is no flash in the pan.

Strength in depth has always been an issue with you I think. If Spurs play their reserves or rest 3 or 4 of the big names, they can't seem to rely on those coming in. Seen that in the Europa League, Conference League, FA Cup etc in recent seasons.

Conte wants to make the squad ultra competitive. He's pretty much improved each position so far even whether you'd consider them a starter or reserve and Richarlison knows the league, is comfortable in this environment and at an age where really, his prime years lay ahead.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Chickasaw said:

Of all the transfer business to date Richarlison is the only one with whom I am not 100% happy. I have my doubts the same as Teddy Sheringham about where he exactly fits in. Only time will tell.

Absolute nonsense. This is what big clubs do. You need quality throughout the squad, not a first 11 then massive drop off. He can play up top (Brazil’s number 9) - he can play wide. He can play in a 2 or a 3. He works ridiculously hard. Scores important goals. He’s a super signing for what we need and about time we starting acting like the club we want to be. We are financially in such a strong position these days with the new stadium and incomes and we need to act like it  

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I think you need to view the transfer more about the strength in depth it gives you in your squad and the versatility up front.

Majority of the time in the big games, he will probably just compete for one spot in the front three granted, between him and Kulusevski.

But Richarlison can play central as well as wide and I think what Conte ultimately wants is to be able to trust someone to take the burden off Kane and Son much like Jota/Diaz did from Salah and Mane. To be the best, you need this strength.

A signing of Richarlison's quality pushes others to raise their standards further, they know they can't afford their level to dropor a quality player is coming in. Kulusevski certainly will need that push to prove he is no flash in the pan.

Strength in depth has always been an issue with you I think. If Spurs play their reserves or rest 3 or 4 of the big names, they can't seem to rely on those coming in. Seen that in the Europa League, Conference League, FA Cup etc in recent seasons.

Conte wants to make the squad ultra competitive. He's pretty much improved each position so far even whether you'd consider them a starter or reserve and Richarlison knows the league, is comfortable in this environment and at an age where really, his prime years lay ahead.

This is absolutely perfect. 

22 minutes ago, Storts said:

Absolute nonsense. This is what big clubs do. You need quality throughout the squad, not a first 11 then massive drop off. He can play up top (Brazil’s number 9) - he can play wide. He can play in a 2 or a 3. He works ridiculously hard. Scores important goals. He’s a super signing for what we need and about time we starting acting like the club we want to be. We are financially in such a strong position these days with the new stadium and incomes and we need to act like it  

What's concerning me is having £50mill plus add ons sitting on the bench. So tell me the line up please Storts.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

So what's his main role Lucas?

2 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

What's concerning me is having £50mill plus add ons sitting on the bench. So tell me the line up please Storts.

Is it your money the club are spending? 

Richarlison is a cunt, but he is a good player and absolutely improves your squad. If you want to be competing in the League, Champions League and a cup or two then you need more than the front three you have. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Is it your money the club are spending? 

Richarlison is a cunt, but he is a good player and absolutely improves your squad. If you want to be competing in the League, Champions League and a cup or two then you need more than the front three you have. 

Ok, thank you.

Archived