talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Richarlison - joins Tottenham

1 minute ago, Stan said:

But that's Paul Merson. Anything he says shouldn't be taken seriously. Surprised if he can even say Richarlison correctly let alone have an opinion on him. 

Just trying to show that I'm not the only one who thinks that this might be a mistake.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Stan said:

But that's Paul Merson. Anything he says shouldn't be taken seriously. Surprised if he can even say Richarlison correctly let alone have an opinion on him. 

I remember when we first came in to the Premier League he was talking about how Roy Hodgson should be considering picking Jason Puncheon and Yannick Bolasie for the England squad.

That's Jason Puncheon who played for Jamaica and Yannick Bolasie who played for Congo.

I have been avoiding his opinions ever since.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I remember when we first came in to the Premier League he was talking about how Roy Hodgson should be considering picking Jason Puncheon and Yannick Bolasie for the England squad.

That's Jason Puncheon who played for Jamaica and Yannick Bolasie who played for Congo.

Akin to Harry Redknapp saying Wes Morgan should be picked for England. 

Not only was that a very silly suggestion in itself, it's actually worse because he was a fully-fledged Jamaican international too xD

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I actually don’t have anything against Merson, seems fairly harmless, but he once analysed a goal by saying “he goes bang, bang, bang and it’s in” and you did wonder if Sky could have got someone else in xD

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I'm looking forward to the fume from the Goodison crowd when he spends half the game rolling around on the floor

Least we didn't set fire to all our Richarlison shirts outside the ground before he even left the club xD.

11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Least we didn't set fire to all our Richarlison shirts outside the ground before he even left the club xD.

Better than giving a guard of honor and celebrating a manager who was going to an apparent rival I suppose.

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Better than giving a guard of honor and celebrating a manager who was going to an apparent rival I suppose.

So you're hypothetically turning on a player who's just left is bad but giving a positive send off to a leaving manager is also bad? Make your mind up. ;)

15 hours ago, Chickasaw said:

Maybe, maybe not Dr but Paul Merson's another who thinks it's a mistake. As I said, only time will tell.

Hopefully this alleys your fears.

Merson on City spending £50m on De Bruyne and just not worthitis legendary.

Big props to Phil Thompson too looking equally a mug.

• Subscriber

You can look at what gets clipped up to identify the purpose behind Sky employing certain pundits. Soccer Saturday is largely for comedy. The clips you see on social media are gaffes and they have their end of season Soccer Saturday funnies. Those guys are there to come out with nonsense, to get laughed at and laugh at each other.

In contrast, you'll see serious analysis on Monday Night Football and sometimes Super Sunday that they'll stick on Twitter and YouTube. Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Roy Keane, Souness, etc., are largely there to provide the actual serious analysis. Obviously they are often full of it too, sometimes still say stuff for clicks, but these are the pundits who tend to be somewhat knowledgeable that you can take halfway seriously in terms of Sky Sports.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Hopefully this alleys your fears.

Merson on City spending £50m on De Bruyne and just not worthitis legendary.

Big props to Phil Thompson too looking equally a mug.

I was sure that Lukaku and Ronaldho wouldn't work for Chelsea and Utd respectively because of the never buy back philosophy which so often works in favour of it and my instincts were proved correct. I agree Paul Merson is very often wrong, so often that I rarely listen to him. But,de Bruyne to City  and Richarlison to us are not really connected but I see from where you are coming. Well, I hope I am proved wrong but at the moment I'm cautious about this appointment. But thank you anyway Lucas.

7 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

So you're hypothetically turning on a player who's just left is bad but giving a positive send off to a leaving manager is also bad? Make your mind up. ;)

I didn't say anything about it being bad, just said that I was looking forward to it.

I don't like Richarlison, I think he's a pile of dogshit that's been wrapped up in human flesh and brought to life by blueshite voodoo magic... but I think it's pretty obvious he's a much better player than Bergwijn tbh.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't like Richarlison, I think he's a pile of dogshit that's been wrapped up in human flesh and brought to life by blueshite voodoo magic... but I think it's pretty obvious he's a much better player than Bergwijn tbh.

Bergwijn saved our arses against Leicester.

4 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Bergwijn saved our arses against Leicester.

Yeah but there’s no real room for sentimentality in building a competitive side. Fans can always love him, but the manager and the people above him have a job to do.

I don’t think Bergwijn’s a bad player, but I also don’t think he’s some pivotal attacker that will leave an irreplaceable void at Spurs.

Richarlison is just a better player than him though and more versatile. It’s a big upgrade in squad depth and tactical flexibility for Spurs.

I fucking hate the guy and even I think it’s clear as day mate.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I fear our games against Spurs. 

Richarlison, Kane and Son absolutely love a goal or two against us. Could be a massacre. 

Complacency has always been a problem when Spurs are playing well and often, when that happens somebody brings us down to earth with a thump so what you're saying is yet to be seen Stan. Traditions are strong in football as they are everywhere and with a top name at the helm those traditions are manifested at Tottenham so I see your fear. But there is always a negative tradition with us too. Often when there's a Spurs connection with another team, we lose the first match against that team and ex players score against us so I have concerns  as well as confidences.

Archived