talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Richarlison - joins Tottenham

Tottenham have been seriously questioned over the size of the fee they have paid Everton for Richarlison. Spurs have signed the Brazilian for a fee that is set to rise to £60million but Tony Cascarino has raised huge doubts over the deal.

Still think it's nonsense Storts? Paid way over the odds.

Tony Cascarino's word isn't gospel though? 

In this day and age, for the quality of player you're getting - versatile, international, proven goalscorer in this league, age - it's a decent fee. 

I don't think it's way over the odds. 

51 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Tottenham have been seriously questioned over the size of the fee they have paid Everton for Richarlison. Spurs have signed the Brazilian for a fee that is set to rise to £60million but Tony Cascarino has raised huge doubts over the deal.

Still think it's nonsense Storts? Paid way over the odds.

Yes ha! If Tony Cascarino thinks that I’m even more confident and happy with this deal. Bloke is a moron 

• Upvote 1

Richarlison is a sound purchase, the right player with the right manager. It gives Spurs something different as well, a real battler up front with some menace. Good teams have players not afraid to put a boot in. Lucas and Bergwijn are not that. Conte will get the best out of him. 

I'm not a massive fan of Richarlison but he clearly has quality. Spurs signing him to act as a back up to Son and Kane is decent business tbh, if he was being brought in to replace them then you'd have concerns but seeing as he's providing competition and depth to the squad it's a good deal. I do think if anyone is going to get the best out of Richarlison it will be Conte though.

44 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I saw that Noel Whelan was offering his opinion on Liverpool letting Mane go the other day. Noel fucking Whelan! How do some of these nobodies get jobs in the media?

He's already done you once in the past.

Coming back to haunt you Mike...

Edited by Lucas

47 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

I hope you're all right about him.

You shouldn’t take pundits don’t seriously, part of their job is just to create some kind of reaction, in this case worrying Spurs fans, so they get more clicks for their article.

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You shouldn’t take pundits don’t seriously, part of their job is just to create some kind of reaction, in this case worrying Spurs fans, so they get more clicks for their article.

Maybe, maybe not Dr but Paul Merson's another who thinks it's a mistake. As I said, only time will tell.

3 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Maybe, maybe not Dr but Paul Merson's another who thinks it's a mistake. As I said, only time will tell.

But that's Paul Merson. Anything he says shouldn't be taken seriously. Surprised if he can even say Richarlison correctly let alone have an opinion on him. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stan said:

But that's Paul Merson. Anything he says shouldn't be taken seriously. Surprised if he can even say Richarlison correctly let alone have an opinion on him. 

Just trying to show that I'm not the only one who thinks that this might be a mistake.

11 hours ago, Stan said:

I remember when we first came in to the Premier League he was talking about how Roy Hodgson should be considering picking Jason Puncheon and Yannick Bolasie for the England squad.

That's Jason Puncheon who played for Jamaica and Yannick Bolasie who played for Congo.

I have been avoiding his opinions ever since.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I remember when we first came in to the Premier League he was talking about how Roy Hodgson should be considering picking Jason Puncheon and Yannick Bolasie for the England squad.

That's Jason Puncheon who played for Jamaica and Yannick Bolasie who played for Congo.

Akin to Harry Redknapp saying Wes Morgan should be picked for England. 

Not only was that a very silly suggestion in itself, it's actually worse because he was a fully-fledged Jamaican international too xD

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I actually don’t have anything against Merson, seems fairly harmless, but he once analysed a goal by saying “he goes bang, bang, bang and it’s in” and you did wonder if Sky could have got someone else in xD

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I'm looking forward to the fume from the Goodison crowd when he spends half the game rolling around on the floor

Least we didn't set fire to all our Richarlison shirts outside the ground before he even left the club xD.

11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Least we didn't set fire to all our Richarlison shirts outside the ground before he even left the club xD.

Better than giving a guard of honor and celebrating a manager who was going to an apparent rival I suppose.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Better than giving a guard of honor and celebrating a manager who was going to an apparent rival I suppose.

So you're hypothetically turning on a player who's just left is bad but giving a positive send off to a leaving manager is also bad? Make your mind up. ;)

15 hours ago, Chickasaw said:

Hopefully this alleys your fears.

Merson on City spending £50m on De Bruyne and just not worthitis legendary.

Big props to Phil Thompson too looking equally a mug.

You can look at what gets clipped up to identify the purpose behind Sky employing certain pundits. Soccer Saturday is largely for comedy. The clips you see on social media are gaffes and they have their end of season Soccer Saturday funnies. Those guys are there to come out with nonsense, to get laughed at and laugh at each other.

In contrast, you'll see serious analysis on Monday Night Football and sometimes Super Sunday that they'll stick on Twitter and YouTube. Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Roy Keane, Souness, etc., are largely there to provide the actual serious analysis. Obviously they are often full of it too, sometimes still say stuff for clicks, but these are the pundits who tend to be somewhat knowledgeable that you can take halfway seriously in terms of Sky Sports.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Hopefully this alleys your fears.

Merson on City spending £50m on De Bruyne and just not worthitis legendary.

Big props to Phil Thompson too looking equally a mug.

I was sure that Lukaku and Ronaldho wouldn't work for Chelsea and Utd respectively because of the never buy back philosophy which so often works in favour of it and my instincts were proved correct. I agree Paul Merson is very often wrong, so often that I rarely listen to him. But,de Bruyne to City  and Richarlison to us are not really connected but I see from where you are coming. Well, I hope I am proved wrong but at the moment I'm cautious about this appointment. But thank you anyway Lucas.