• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Final - Friday 30th June - Germany U21 1-0 Spain U21

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

no-one watching this?

fairly even game. Germany started off the stronger and kept Spain quiet but the latter have slowly worked their way into ascendancy. 

I'm watching it on Rai in Italy.

Arnold for Germany is total class.

But I'm happy with how Spain are playing. The result is important but more important os that these players maintain themselves true to the way the senior side plays. 

Very good game so far. I'm surprised by our performance. All the "Spain's favourite" talk made it sound like there's no point in even playing this match. 

15 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Very good game so far. I'm surprised by our performance. All the "Spain's favourite" talk made it sound like there's no point in even playing this match. 

I don't know what you're talking. :whistling: Must be one of your usual delusions. :coffee:

:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$

• The title was changed to Final - Friday 30th June - Germany U21 1-0 Spain U21
  • Administrator

Well done Germany, though. Tactically better on the day and can only remember one key save the German keeper had to make (shot from Saul). Defence kept players like Sandro and Deulofeu quiet. Midfield was solid. 

The strength in depth pays off. Spain had a strong squad too but as is normal for Germany, efficient as ever. 

Congrats to the German side. Very very efficient and reminded me more of German sides of the past rather than Löw's style. All the same, deserved tonight!

But I'm not upset at how Spain played other than creating clear cut chances. But the lack of those chances was down to Germany's brilliance tactically.

Maybe next time... :what:

Was somewhat surprised Selke didn't play.  Wasn't too impressed with his play so I wasn't heartbroken over the decision 😏

Can't say any one player stood out for me.  But good team effort. 

1 down. Hope for another trophy on Sunday!

• Administrator
2 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Was somewhat surprised Selke didn't play.  Wasn't too impressed with his play so I wasn't heartbroken over the decision 😏

Can't say any one player stood out for me.  But good team effort. 

1 down. Hope for another trophy on Sunday!

He got injured in the semi final and was only going to be used as a last resort if really necessary during the match. 

Archived