talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Community Shield - 30th July 2022

• Administrator

Odd to have it here. Perhaps it's a new thing that will happen where the holders will host the following season? 

Don't ruin my seat whoever goes. Thanks. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Apparently it's not at Wembley because of the Women's Euros final the day after, which is understandable.

@Happy Blue - agree, although not sure if it's easier to get to Cardiff from Manchester/Liverpool than it is to get to Leicester. 

Old Trafford would be the ideal option :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Apparently it's not at Wembley because of the Women's Euros final the day after, which is understandable.

@Happy Blue - agree, although not sure if it's easier to get to Cardiff from Manchester/Liverpool than it is to get to Leicester. 

Old Trafford would be the ideal option :ph34r:

That's bang out of order ..make the women play at old trafford :ph34r:

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It should be at Villa Park, but okay.

Somehow it manages to be closer to us (both Manchester and Liverpool) than London, but still requires more connections by train - weird how that works out xD

Midlands to North East is not great to be honest. Change at Derby or Sheffield I think. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Midlands to North East is not great to be honest. Change at Derby or Sheffield I think. 

I think from Liverpool you change at Nuneaton - I was actually wrong, I think it's the same number of connections (cos with London if you want to get to Wembley by train, it's the train to the tube right?) so one change each. I guess it's not too big of a difference.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think from Liverpool you change at Nuneaton - I was actually wrong, I think it's the same number of connections (cos with London if you want to get to Wembley by train, it's the train to the tube right?) so one change each. I guess it's not too big of a difference.

True, but the train form NE to London is very good and quick. Then getting on to the tube is very easy because of their regularity. Much rather that than having to change trains. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

True, but the train form NE to London is very good and quick. Then getting on to the tube is very easy because of their regularity. Much rather that than having to change trains. 

We're in the northwest though, but yeah the train to/from London isn't bad and the tube is certainly easy - even if you're painfully hungover and have just landed at Heathrow after a painfully long flight.

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We're in the northwest though, but yeah the train to/from London isn't bad and the tube is certainly easy - even if you're painfully hungover and have just landed at Heathrow after a painfully long flight.

Bloody autocorrect. Meant NW. 

3 hours ago, Storts said:

G N B A

Now that’s bang out of order 

I'm not up to date on text speak, does this mean the women's teams should have to play without bra's and swap shirts at the end? :35_thinking: ..if so you have me support mate :4_joy:

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Somehow it manages to be closer to us (both Manchester and Liverpool) than London, but still requires more connections by train - weird how that works out xD

Try being in the middle of the country but having Birmingham take all the decent lines. Leicester's train links for a city of this size, and this location, are an utter disgrace.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Do I have to?

Just for one day by the sounds of it.

There was some ridiculous stat not that long ago, it was quite specific but there was some village in Cornwall that has direct trains to more of the top 15 cities in the UK by population than Leicester does.

You can't get a direct train from Leicester to Coventry. It's so poor.

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Just for one day by the sounds of it.

I think I'll be back out of the UK sometime next week, so I probably won't be at the community shield (although tbh it would be very cool since the last time I actually saw Liverpool play live was something like 8 or 9 years ago).

That's mental about the village in Cornwall having more direct trains than Leicester or not being able to get a direct train to fucking Coventry from Leicester though!

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think I'll be back out of the UK sometime next week, so I probably won't be at the community shield (although tbh it would be very cool since the last time I actually saw Liverpool play live was something like 8 or 9 years ago).

That's mental about the village in Cornwall having more direct trains than Leicester or not being able to get a direct train to fucking Coventry from Leicester though!

If I can get a ticket part of me is tempted to go down to be honest. Be quite a surreal experience.

Yeah Leicester's trains are a joke. I think in terms of big cities the only ones we can go directly to are London, Birmingham, Sheffield, Nottingham and Derby. There's something like one a week to Leeds too. For a big, central city it's garbage. London is the only one you can get back from a midweek game if you trained it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2022 at 18:23, Dr. Gonzo said:

That's if the trains are even running, as the bellends might be on strike as they usually are.

1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

That's if the trains are even running, as the bellends might be on strike as they usually are.

Excuse me im a train driver and have never been on strike! 

I've refused overtime plenty of times though which usually helps getting a pay rise xD

We possibly have a few players leaving this summer so a line up is hard to predict but leaving the rumoured departures out (Jesus, Sterling, Zinc, Gundogan,) don't see Gundogan leaving but will exclude him anyway, hopefully we will have a few midfielders signed by then too

Ederson

Walker - Dias - Laporte - Cancelo

De Bruyne - Rodrigo - Bernardo

Alvarez - Haaland - Foden

Archived