talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hugo Ekitike - Newcastle Deal Collapses

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Scores very highly on FBref which is usually a decent measure. Only 19 as well. Fair play. I think you're actually applying some method to the madness here. I think you'll rise quicker than most people do.

• The title was changed to Hugo Ekitike - Set for Newcastle Move
8 hours ago, Dan said:

Scores very highly on FBref which is usually a decent measure. Only 19 as well. Fair play. I think you're actually applying some method to the madness here. I think you'll rise quicker than most people do.

with Dan Ashworth running sporting operations I think it will be a very structured build.

Ekitike is definitely a long term project.  he needs to bulk up a bit

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Deal collapses...

Newcastle United's move for French forward Hugo Ekitike from Ligue 1 club Reims looks to be over after a deal could not be agreed.

It is understood the player's agent's demands proved a stumbling block to the move for the 20-year-old going through.

Ekitike was close to joining the Magpies in January but had second thoughts on deadline day.

• The title was changed to Hugo Ekitike - Newcastle Deal Collapses
4 hours ago, Stan said:

Deal collapses...

His agent was demanding absolute rockstar add ons.    We are holding strong to the "we will not be extorted" position and decided to pull the plug.   His agent may have screwed him into another pointless season in ligue 1 for a completely irrelevant team. 

They were saying on one of The Athletic podcasts with a throwaway comment that Eddie Howe has been told there would be no crazy spending as the club are keen to not exploit the boundaries of FFP. So if Dan Ashworth believes there's a similar quality player available for a more reasonable cost I can see why this has collapsed.

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

They were saying on one of The Athletic podcasts with a throwaway comment that Eddie Howe has been told there would be no crazy spending as the club are keen to not exploit the boundaries of FFP. So if Dan Ashworth believes there's a similar quality player available for a more reasonable cost I can see why this has collapsed.

26m while signing Botman for 37m?  yes we will be far more responsible than City and Everton were but this broke down due yo his agent.

we are rumoured to still be in for Diaby and Osihmen, Hazard from Dortmund and Nice's young French international forward.

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

As I said, if Dan Ashworth believes there's a similar quality player available for a more reasonable cost I can see why this has collapsed.

i trust the system in place.   dan probably knows what he is doing

Archived