talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Das Boot 2018 cast revealed

football forum

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hell? I've seen Robert Stadlober here and there, and I guess he's decent, but I've never heard about the rest. I didn't even know they are making something new involving "Das Boot". The original movie was great and one of the most intense things ever. I don't have much hope for whatever this is. 

2 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

I have seen Das Boot. I don't recall any women in it. This is probs because it's a WW2 film set in a submarine. Interested to know what the chick is doing staring in the squeal.

I've just read that it plays after the events of Das Boot, while they are in some harbour, regrouping and preparing for the resistance. So I guess she plays some love interest in said harbour? No idea. Apparently SKY is involved, and they're using a 25 Mio. € budget. So maybe it'll be somewhat decent. 

1 minute ago, Tanksie said:

I have seen Das Boot. I don't recall any women in it. This is probs because it's a WW2 film set in a submarine. Interested to know what the chick is doing staring in the squeal.

I won't spoiler then. :P

1 minute ago, Tsubasa said:

What the hell? I've seen Robert Stadlober here and there, and I guess he's decent, but I've never heard about the rest. I didn't even know they are making something new involving "Das Boot". The original movie was great and one of the most intense things ever. I don't have much hope for whatever this is. 

Das Boot was the greatest sub marine movie ever made in my humble, unbiased opinion. Only the best crew can prevent a complete failure.

8 minutes ago, Panflute said:

Prediction: this will suck. Not even because Das Boot is one of the all-time best WW2 movies and it doesn't need a remake, but because it will just blow on its own merits.

This is not a remake. It's about a different uboot with a different history and story.

• Subscriber

I know, still a new story since it continues where the original left off, and it's still based on Buchheim's novels. It will be hard for them to be anywhere close to the original for sure, but I personally look forward to it anyway.

• 11 months later...

Vicky Krieps was in The Phantom Thread with Daniel Day-Lewis. She was very good in that. She's Luxembourgish so I guess it's up in the air as to what kind of role she will play; she can presumably speak French and German, and if it's set in a U-Boat dock I presume it's set in France.

• Subscriber
On 6/27/2018 at 04:36, Inverted said:

Vicky Krieps was in The Phantom Thread with Daniel Day-Lewis. She was very good in that. She's Luxembourgish so I guess it's up in the air as to what kind of role she will play; she can presumably speak French and German, and if it's set in a U-Boat dock I presume it's set in France.

She's playing a role of a German translator in France who gets entangled in her loyalty to Germany, French Résistance, and some forbidden love. The storyline is split into two parts, one in the U-boat and one in France.

• 5 weeks later...
On 28/06/2018 at 04:44, nudge said:

She's playing a role of a German translator in France who gets entangled in her loyalty to Germany, French Résistance, and some forbidden love. The storyline is split into two parts, one in the U-boat and one in France.

I think the number of films and books about the Résistance has already surpassed the actual number of members of the Résistance. :27_sunglasses:

But seriously, I don´t like the fact that they use the name "Das Boot". I´ll still watch it anyway, because I´m a sucker for anything WWII related. xD

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Haven't watched it yet.

What I've heard so far is supposed to be a typical German film production and that scared me off.

I'm curious to see what you say though.

Have you watched Babylon Berlin or Deutschland 83?

Archived