• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Das Boot 2018 cast revealed

football forum

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, nudge said:

So anyone watched it yet??? I'm watching the first episode tonight; heard it's actually quite good!

@Tommy @BartraPique1932 @El Profesor @Faithcore @Rucksackfranzose

Thanks for the heads up, Inga. The original film is one of my favorite so I´ll give it a shot. 

I enjoyed "Babylon Berlin", Deutschland 83" and "Unsere Mütter, unsere Väte". Germans are producing some nice series recently.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Thanks for the heads up, Inga. The original film is one of my favorite so I´ll give it a shot. 

I enjoyed "Babylon Berlin", Deutschland 83" and "Unsere Mütter, unsere Väte". Germans are producing some nice series recently.

A new season of Deutschland 83 (it's called Deutschland 86 now) is also out; not sure if you're aware! Still as good as the first one.

I'm not sure how Das Boot develops further, but I liked the first episode a lot and it looks promising.

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, Cicero said:

Know it isn't really relevant, but I would love for an All Quite on the Western Front remake. 

Baffling really why it hasn't been in the works yet in this decade. 

It apparently is in the works for a few years now (since 2012 it seems); but I haven't heard anything about it either and IMDB still lists it as a pre-production so probably nothing will come out of it... https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1016150/

I love Remarque and have read pretty much all of his books. This is definitely one of the greatest (anti)war novels of all time, but I wish we could get a German adaption of it instead of another Hollywood one...

On 29/11/2018 at 06:37, nudge said:

A new season of Deutschland 83 (it's called Deutschland 86 now) is also out; not sure if you're aware! Still as good as the first one.

I'm not sure how Das Boot develops further, but I liked the first episode a lot and it looks promising.

Thanks, Inga. I´ll watch it as well. Loved the first season. 

On 29/11/2018 at 16:49, nudge said:

It apparently is in the works for a few years now (since 2012 it seems); but I haven't heard anything about it either and IMDB still lists it as a pre-production so probably nothing will come out of it... https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1016150/

I love Remarque and have read pretty much all of his books. This is definitely one of the greatest (anti)war novels of all time, but I wish we could get a German adaption of it instead of another Hollywood one...

"All Quiet on Western Front" is my favorite book but I´d rather see a film version of Guy Sajer´s "The Forgotten Soldier".  

@nudge, do you know if there is any film based on "Storm of Steel"? 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Thanks, Inga. I´ll watch it as well. Loved the first season. 

"All Quiet on Western Front" is my favorite book but I´d rather see a film version of Guy Sajer´s "The Forgotten Soldier".  

Honestly I never thought anyone else here has read "The Forgotten Soldier"... it's a very welcome surprise.

Archived