talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

3.Liga and below 2022/23

I'd have to go back and look for specifics, but I know that Meppen has taken points off of multiple promotion chasers in the past month or so.  Their return to form was too late to save themselves from the Regionalliga West but they are scalping mofos on the way down 😂.  Gotta love it.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Coma said:

I'd have to go back and look for specifics, but I know that Meppen has taken points off of multiple promotion chasers in the past month or so.  Their return to form was too late to save themselves from the Regionalliga West but they are scalping mofos on the way down 😂.  Gotta love it.

RL Nord, actually.:)

43 minutes ago, Coma said:

I'd love to think those results are fueled by pure pettiness. 

Was pretty sure we wouldn't be promoted before that match, now FCS may have their chance to play the promotion play-off matches or even of being promoted directly under the condition we win our last match at home against Viktoria Köln. This promotion fight is nerve-wrecking. Am nervous like a racing horse although the final match is only on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Was pretty sure we wouldn't be promoted before that match, now FCS may have their chance to play the promotion play-off matches or even of being promoted directly under the condition we win our last match at home against Viktoria Köln. This promotion fight is nerve-wrecking. Am nervous like a racing horse although the final match is only on Saturday.

Best of luck! I hope you beat Viktoria Köln, but Jamil Siebert will still have a great game! :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Former Fortuna player?

Still a Fortuna player, out on loan to Viktoria Köln. Born in Düsseldorf as well, expected to return for next season! 

26 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Still a Fortuna player, out on loan to Viktoria Köln. Born in Düsseldorf as well, expected to return for next season! 

Had a look at him after I asked you. Wouldn't bet too much money on him having a good game against us, if I were you. Was red carded last match.

4 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

I'll be pulling for FCS.

8 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Had a look at him after I asked you. Wouldn't bet too much money on him having a good game against us, if I were you. Was red carded last match.

Then I'm fully rooting for you. Don't hold back. Show them how bad they are without Siebert. :ph34r:xD

Energie Cottbus to face Unterhaching for the right to play in 3. Liga next season.  I don't like the Regionalliga playoff format.  Both teams have been excellent this year and it's a shame that both can't be promoted.  I guess I'll be rooting for Cottbus purely from the nostalgia perspective.

Münster and Ulm also joining the 3. Liga party.  Hamburg II and Lubeck will go down to the last match of the season to decide who comes up from the Regionalliga Nord.

Just saw the schedule for the Regionalliga playoffs.  Matches are June 7 and 11.  I can't believe that we're looking at matches in June... it's not like the lower tiers were on World Cup break.

1 hour ago, Coma said:

Energie Cottbus to face Unterhaching for the right to play in 3. Liga next season.  I don't like the Regionalliga playoff format.  Both teams have been excellent this year and it's a shame that both can't be promoted.  I guess I'll be rooting for Cottbus purely from the nostalgia perspective.

Münster and Ulm also joining the 3. Liga party.  Hamburg II and Lubeck will go down to the last match of the season to decide who comes up from the Regionalliga Nord.

Don't like that playoff nonsense neither. Still the current format was only planned for three years, iniatially it was projected that there would only be 4 existing Regionalligas afterwards. It were the RL Nordost and Rl Bayern clubs, who torpedoet that original decision because they wanted to keep their old DDR-Oberliga and Bavarian derbies respectively. Seeing the 3.Liga clubs only agreed to increase the number of relegated teams from 3 to 4 because of said decision it's of almost poetic justice that it's the champions of these two Regionalligas who play the play-off matches.

On a sidenote Lübeck are already promoted, since HSV II didn't apply for a 3.Liga license.

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

...it's of almost poetic justice that it's the champions of these two Regionalligas who play the play-off matches.

That wasn't the case last season.  It was BFC Dynamo (Nordost) against Oldenberg (Nord).  I thought there was a rotation system in place to determine who goes up auto versus playoff.  

35 minutes ago, Coma said:

That wasn't the case last season.  It was BFC Dynamo (Nordost) against Oldenberg (Nord).  I thought there was a rotation system in place to determine who goes up auto versus playoff.  

Correct. Still this rotation system should have had ended last season, originally.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived