talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 Manager 2022

football forum

Am getting it on PC, most likely it be easier to control things. Plus I have an expensive gaming laptop for 2 years. Only game I've ever played on it is Motorsport Manager.

Graphics look amazing for a Management game. Although, Manager games are usually not about graphics for me. 

But it looks good all in all. Very complex and rich in detail. Bit of a pain in the arse to get into if you have other stuff going on. 😅

On 13/06/2022 at 20:46, Tommy said:

Graphics look amazing for a Management game. Although, Manager games are usually not about graphics for me. 

But it looks good all in all. Very complex and rich in detail. Bit of a pain in the arse to get into if you have other stuff going on. 😅

Been reading up on it. There is one aspect of the game which I'm not too keen on on. Once you join a team, you can't move to other teams. You're stuck with that team which is a bummer. Maybe a DLC will come later on which amends this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

How is it?

It comes out tomorrow. But I'm watching Jimmy Broadbent, who got early access, playing it on Youtube right now. Looks very in-depth. Like A LOT of work. I hope I'll have enough time to get into it. Doesn't look like something you can play for just a few minutes per day. 😅 Looks really good though! 

• Wow 1

• Subscriber

Had a little play this afternoon. Sadly my first career race crashed when a VSC came out in the middle of a replay.

The positives are that the detail looks great and the graphics both on-track and off-track are impressive. I'm looking forward to digging more into the depth of things. The tutorials are useful as well I've found, not too intrusive.

Have to say though that the actual race experience is kinda lame at the moment. The cars behave really strangely and the amount of overtaking and re-overtaking and DRS trains don't really reflect what racing is like in F1 and makes it pretty hard to make sense of what you should be getting your drivers to do. Add to that the game crash that I had about 1/3rd of the way through the Bahrain GP and it's a mixed review from me in terms of first impressions. Hopefully they'll get this sorted with further updates. 

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Had a little play this afternoon. Sadly my first career race crashed when a VSC came out in the middle of a replay.

The positives are that the detail looks great and the graphics both on-track and off-track are impressive. I'm looking forward to digging more into the depth of things. The tutorials are useful as well I've found, not too intrusive.

Have to say though that the actual race experience is kinda lame at the moment. The cars behave really strangely and the amount of overtaking and re-overtaking and DRS trains don't really reflect what racing is like in F1 and makes it pretty hard to make sense of what you should be getting your drivers to do. Add to that the game crash that I had about 1/3rd of the way through the Bahrain GP and it's a mixed review from me in terms of first impressions. Hopefully they'll get this sorted with further updates. 

What team did you start with?

I think I'll probably start with Haas. 🤔 Downloaded the game already. Might try it later. 

Just did my first race with Haas. I like the game, and everything they try to do to make it as immersive as possible. But the race experience was still a little frustrating. Somehow I couldn't figure out how to call the drivers in for pit-stops immediately, for example when there was a Safety Car. And as a result, Mick's tyres blew up, and K-Mag dropped from 6th to 15th towards the end of the race. :( Guess I still got some figuring out to do. 

Okay, I'm gonna restart a career save with the things I've learned from the first two races. I fucked up the strategy so bad, that both of my drivers fell down the grid order in the last few laps. 

On a more positive note, with that, my training as a Ferrari engineer is now complete. :ph34r:

On 27/08/2022 at 23:21, Tommy said:

Just did my first race with Haas. I like the game, and everything they try to do to make it as immersive as possible. But the race experience was still a little frustrating. Somehow I couldn't figure out how to call the drivers in for pit-stops immediately, for example when there was a Safety Car. And as a result, Mick's tyres blew up, and K-Mag dropped from 6th to 15th towards the end of the race. :( Guess I still got some figuring out to do. 

Any rain?

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Tommy said:

Three races in with Williams, and my biggest success so far is Alex Albon finishing P17 ahead of the Aston Martins and Latifi. 🥲

Are you finding the racing "credible"?

First race did my head in they both kept passing and repassing each other and I couldn't stop them from doing it. I thought it was costing them both time but then like I said I flicked through the rest of the field and they were all at it.

I haven't had a second go at it yet so I was just wondering if that was my bad luck or whether there's a lot of that DRS and counter DRS going on.

16 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Are you finding the racing "credible"?

First race did my head in they both kept passing and repassing each other and I couldn't stop them from doing it. I thought it was costing them both time but then like I said I flicked through the rest of the field and they were all at it.

I haven't had a second go at it yet so I was just wondering if that was my bad luck or whether there's a lot of that DRS and counter DRS going on.

Well, credible until they sort of queue up into turn 1 at some tracks. That looks silly. Never had the problem of Albon and Latifi repassing each other though, as Albon is usually a lot of miles ahead of Latifi for me. 

Just replaced Latifi with Piastri though, by accident. I renewed Albon's contract as Car #1 driver. I thought it's for next season, but he replaced Latifi immediately, so I had an empty spot on Car #2 and hired Piastri. xD

• Upvote 1