talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 Manager 2022

football forum

• Subscriber

I'm just sat here halfway through my second race. Not many retirements in this game so far? Currently watching my lads fight it out with the Aston Martins to go for 17th and 18th. If the other cars never retire and very rarely get involved in incidents, there really isn't much chance of getting points is there? 😅

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm just sat here halfway through my second race. Not many retirements in this game so far? Currently watching my lads fight it out with the Aston Martins to go for 17th and 18th. If the other cars never retire and very rarely get involved in incidents, there really isn't much chance of getting points is there? 😅

Yea very few DNFs. At my first save with Haas, I had a safety car in one of the first races, so I thought it would be a regular occurance. But now with my Williams save, 5 or 6 races in, I didn't even get a VSC in the race. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Yea very few DNFs. At my first save with Haas, I had a safety car in one of the first races, so I thought it would be a regular occurance. But now with my Williams save, 5 or 6 races in, I didn't even get a VSC in the race. 

I'm grateful for the lack of VSC as it crashed my first version of the Bahrain GP when I had one.

I ended up getting 19th and 20th in Bahrain. Latifi was miles off and Albon lost the DRS lottery against Vettel and Stroll in the last couple of laps.

17th and 19th in Saudi with Albon beating Vettel by a decent margin and Latifi beating Stroll who was well adrift in last.

I did qualifying (18th and 20th) for Australia but was too fed up for another manager race so I switched to F1 22, started a career with... Williams :ph34r: and I kicked Albon's ass, qualified 13th and finished 14th. Now I'm all F1 gamed out for the night.

I was disappointed with how long the grind is going to be to be honest. Back to Manager, I got my first couple of design upgrades completed and they barely make a difference. I hope the next patch makes the races a bit more eventful so you can use strategy to get your nose in front of a handful of cars and steal the occasional point or two even in the worst car.

• Upvote 1

On 01/09/2022 at 17:29, RandoEFC said:

I think they patched it? I get a lot of safety cars and even a red flag in my last race in Monza. That helped me to get P13, my best finish with Williams so far. The race was red flagged with 8 laps to go. So I put soft on both cars and gave them the instruction to fully send it. xD

On 01/09/2022 at 16:29, RandoEFC said:

Not good for the prediction league.

So with all the knowledge I've gained from my first attempts, I started a new save with Haas again, and I managed to do this in only the 5th race. 😎

Unbenannt.png

Was a bit of a weather gamble in quali and a bit of a safety car gamble in the race though. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is a shame, but they patched it quite a bit after release. 

In in my 2nd season with Haas. KMag has won like 3-4 races and is in contention for the World Championship. xD I will screenshot it and send it to Haas. Thin ice for Günther. 

• 7 months later...

Just done my first season.

Went with Aston Martin as the goal of 'finishing top eight' seemed the easiest to complete. What I didn't realise was the car was awful to begin with and the first four races are a complete write off.

After a lot of YouTube videos I managed to finish joint 7th in the constructors Championship with Haas. Vettel was excellent, Stroll cacked himself whenever he was about to get points and would lock up.

I've gone with Gasly and Piastri for my second season. Gasly is statistically a better driver than Vettel now and is on half the wages, Piastri has a lot more upside than Stroll and is on a fraction of the wage. Annoyingly Jack Doohan, who I wanted as reserve, signed with Alpha Tauri.

There's two things that frustrate me about this game. The first is that you can't sign someone for the following season, the second is you can't see why racers have been given a penalty deduction. If I had known when people were taking hits for a new engine or a gear box I would have done the same thing sooner.

• 2 months later...

Just discovered a new pain threshold on my quest to give Gasly his first win.

Managed to convert to softs with 12 laps to go whilst everyone else remained on mediums. Went from 8th to 0.3 seconds behind Verstappen in 2nd with three laps to go. Then the safety car comes out.

I'm so annoyed I can't sleep.

7 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Just discovered a new pain threshold on my quest to give Gasly his first win.

Gasly has already won a race though! Or did you mean in your game?

Funnily enough his race win is probably my favourite F1 memory of the last 10 years or so. 

Every once in a while, when I need to feel something, I watch this video: