talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Borussia Mönchengladbach Thread

borussia_m_gladbach_wallpaper_by_wolff10

Borussia VfL 1900 Mönchengladbach e.V., commonly known as Borussia Mönchengladbach (pronounced [boˈʁʊsi̯aː mœnçn̩ˈɡlatbax]),[1][2]Mönchengladbach or Gladbach, is a German football club in Mönchengladbach, North Rhine-Westphalia. Founded in 1900, Borussia Mönchengladbach play in the Bundesliga, the top tier of the German football league system, making their first appearance in the league during the 1965–66 season. Subsequently the club became one of Germany's best-known, best-supported, and most successful teams, winning the Bundesliga five times during the 1970s

All discussion relating to Mönchengladbach that does not warrant its own thread (i.e. - players signing new contracts, newspaper clippings etc...) should take place here.

• The title was changed to Borussia Mönchengladbach Thread
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

csm_AC_Florenz_-_Bor_c34ebfcf92.png

Stindl is Borussia’s Player of the Month for February

Lars Stindl finished with a significant lead over Oscar Wendt, Thorgan Hazard, Patrick Herrmann and Jannik Vestergaard in the voting for February’s edition of Borussia’s Player of the Month.

It was no surprise: Lars Stindl secured the title of Player of the Month with 88% of all votes. In second place was Patrick Hermann who received 5%, then Oscar Wendt with 3%. Thorgan Hazard and Jannik Vestergaard each received 2% of the votes.

The clear victory for Stindl was also undoubtedly deserved. The 28-year-old was the Man of the Match in three games for the Foals throughout February, scoring vital goals which contributed to the success of the team. This was most evident in the Europa League game in Florence, where Stindl’s hat-trick was crucial in reversing the 2-0 deficit. The game ended 4-2, Borussia progressed to the round of 16, and the captain was named the Man of the Match. Stindl made his case for Player of the Month again only four days later in a 2-0 win over Ingolstadt. In addition, he was also the Man of the Match in the first game of February, a 3-0 triumph over SC Freiburg, where his hard-fought goal opened up what was at first a tight contest.

Stindl with the double

Stindl is this season’s seventh Player of the Month. In August it was Raffael, in September Thorgan Hazard. Jannik Vestergaard took home the honour for his performances throughout October, whilst in November it was Mahmoud Dahoud, and Andreas Christen was December’s Player of the Month. Stindl outdid his competitors in January, meaning that the captain has now secured himself the award in back-to-back months. As of this season, voting is no longer done for the Player of the Month through the homepage, instead, it can now be found on the Borussia-App.

https://www.borussia.de/english/team/news/borussia-news/news-detailansicht.html?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=22486&cHash=ee593653b9f009912f62e62ba0e2539b

124416-james-spader-mustache-clapping-dK

I met Stindl in a night club last year! xD

To get back on topic, well deserved. He has been Gladbach's most important player by far in the 2nd half of the season (so far). Wouldn't mind if he gets a call-up for Germany as well. Can't be worse than Özil. 

2 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

I met Stindl in a night club last year! xD

To get back on topic, well deserved. He has been Gladbach's most important player by far in the 2nd half of the season (so far). Wouldn't mind if he gets a call-up for Germany as well. Can't be worse than Özil. 

Nice!

He's been absolutely vital this year. With the amount of injuries and set-backs, he's been able to keep this team winning and pushing for another European slot.

Kolo, who replaced Christensen, looked very shaky at the back, but who can blame him with the little match time he got so far this season. Anyway, good result for Gladbach. They're really strong at home and I think they'll definitely go through now. Christensen and Kramer will be back for the 2nd leg as well, which makes Gladbach even stronger. 

• 4 weeks later...

Puma is great, but Gladbach has to endure one more season with Kappa! The BVB shirts from Kappa always felt like plastic bags. Meanwhile Fortuna Düsseldorf will end their partnership with Puma and get Uhlsport for the new season :|

• Subscriber

Werder's Kappa shirts were class, I had the home one of 2007/2008 season, loved the style and the quality was alright too, just the name print almost went off after 6 years or so. Our deal with Nike is over after this season and we'll be having a new shirt manufacturer too, no news on who it will be though.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Werder's Kappa shirts were class, I had the home one of 2007/2008 season, loved the style and the quality was alright too, just the name print almost went off after 6 years or so. Our deal with Nike is over after this season and we'll be having a new shirt manufacturer too, no news on who it will be though.

I hate the massive chicks back to back on the sleeves. Has always looked cheap to me. I wouldn't mind Nike or Adidas, but Puma works perfectly fine. I love what they do with Leicester and BvB.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, ATL said:

I hate the massive chicks back to back on the sleeves. Has always looked cheap to me. I wouldn't mind Nike or Adidas, but Puma works perfectly fine. I love what they do with Leicester and BvB.

Yeah those are definitely not ideal, hehe. Still, that shirt was class. 

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

West Ham's Reece Oxford has joined Gladbach on loan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40333744

West Ham defender Reece Oxford is close to completing a season-long loan move to Bundesliga side Borussia Monchengladbach.

The 18-year-old, who spent five months on loan at Reading last season, has had a medical ahead of a move to Germany.

Oxford was the second-youngest player to start a Premier League match when he played against Arsenal, aged 16 years and 198 days, in August 2015.

He signed a new four-and-a-half-year deal at West Ham in December 2016.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, ...Dan said:

How come Cuisance isn't playing? Wasn't he their player of the season last year?

He wasn't really their player of the season. Their most exciting young player perhaps. He played with France at the U19 Euros and missed parts of Gladbach's season preparation. Maybe that's why :what:

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Borussia Monchengladbach can 'have the league' for 50m retweets

2 hours ago | European Football

_104494086_7e57b701-ad3d-4ab2-a6c0-cf402

Twitter can be a bizarre place sometimes - a platform for opinions, banter, a classic 'spat', and sometimes a wager.

The official Twitter account for the Bundesliga has challenged Borussia Monchengladbach to the latter.

It has told the team they can have the league title if they gain 50 million retweets for one of their posts.

Gladbach are second in the German league anyway (four points behind Borussia Dortmund) and right in contention for their sixth title.

_104490325_69119512-f865-4cd8-af49-d6dc9

The club seem to think the bar has been set a little high, but have taken up the challenge anyway...

_104493297_4104530b-0771-4576-ae54-06700

Rivals Borussia Dortmund had their say...

_104493298_77e31cb9-cf0a-4afd-bbc1-6996c

Taking matters into their own hands, Gladbach did 'a Wilkerson'...

Allow us to explain.

In 2017, American fast food chain Wendy's set 16-year-old Carter Wilkerson a target of 18 million retweets to receive a year's supply of chicken nuggets.

He tweeted: "Help me please. A man needs his nuggs."

After Wendy's caved despite the tweet only gaining 3.6 million retweets, Gladbach tried a similar tactic.

_104493300_d90d2490-ed11-41c1-9b2a-d29b4

But it appears the human population are more willing to help out if fast food is involved...

If the past 24 hours are anything to go by, it's going to be easier to win the league by winning actual football matches than by hitting 50 million retweets.

_104493302_2a436d9f-4684-4901-9d25-968ea

Apart from anything else, it would be a pretty controversial way to decide a Bundesliga title.

Red Bull Leipzig have even threatened to unfollow the official Twitter account if it happens - the ultimate snub.

_104493304_9b3732db-bf40-49fe-95c7-e71f7

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46345448

• 1 month later...

Contrary to many here it seems to me that Hecking is a decent coach. He is no genius like Nagelsmann, but he has built good teams wherever he has been. Gladbach has a good set up now, and could well be a candidate for the top 4 spots for years to come, especially with clubs like  Schalke and Leverkusen struggling a bit. 

Archived