talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Takumi Minamino - Can Leave Liverpool for £17m

football forum

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61730890

Liverpool forward Takumi Minamino is attracting interest from a number of clubs, with the Reds prepared to sell the Japan international for a fee in the region of £17m.

Leeds, Wolves, Fulham, Southampton and Monaco are understood to be admirers.

Minamino made the move to Liverpool from Red Bull Salzburg in 2019.

The 27-year-old joined Southampton on loan in February 2021 and made 10 appearances before returning to Anfield for the 2021-22 campaign.

As Liverpool's top scorer in domestic cup competitions last season, Minamino played a crucial part in helping Jurgen Klopp's side win the FA Cup and League Cup.

However, he made just 11 appearances in the Premier League as Liverpool finished one point behind Manchester City.

Since joining the club, he has scored 14 times in 55 appearances.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd take him, especially as Marsch has worked with him before, but I don't think he's justified a £10m price hike from when Liverpool got him.

Its all well and good scoring goals in the League Cup and FA Cup against lower league sides but there was that underwhelming loan at Southampton that still lingers.

10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'd take him, especially as Marsch has worked with him before, but I don't think he's justified a £10m price hike from when Liverpool got him.

Its all well and good scoring goals in the League Cup and FA Cup against lower league sides but there was that underwhelming loan at Southampton that still lingers.

From what I remember he did really well at Southampton?

They wanted to buy him outright infact.

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

Absolutely shite, surprised that he's lasted so long at Liverpool to be honest. £17m would be good business, and someone will be daft enough to spend it.

Everton, I am thinking.

He'd be decent for plenty of Premier League sides. Playing the part he has done for us in the domestic cups shouldn't be sniffed at. It's that kind of strength in depth you want to get you through the early rounds.

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

From what I remember he did really well at Southampton?

They wanted to buy him outright infact.

Not in the eyes of Saints fans down here. Faded out of games too much but because he popped up with a couple goals its glossed over.

A quick scan online also emphasises this from a Liverpool perspective

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-southampton-transfer-takumi-minamino-20521826.amp

17 hours ago, Lucas said:

It does seems steep.  I bet they'd settle for just getting their money back plus an extra million or so.  10m would probably get him.

19 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Absolutely shite, surprised that he's lasted so long at Liverpool to be honest. £17m would be good business, and someone will be daft enough to spend it.

He was pretty good whenever called upon this season tbh :what:

Think he’s done enough this season to show he could do a good job for plenty of teams in the league.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

If he goes, I would like to see him at Leeds. Think he would slot into that set up nicely. 

Same, but I'm quite content to keep him (as long as us signing a new midfielder is possible without needing to sell him) considering this past year was one of the few years we actually had any depth up front and he was a big part of that.

With Mane and Origi on their way out and likely Nunez coming in but being new to the league, I suspect there would still be plenty of opportunity for Minamino as a squad player. And after this very long season + all of the bullshit that's going to be coming with a mid-season WC... I think there's good cause to want to remain having good depth up front.

On 08/06/2022 at 21:23, Lucas said:

From what I understand, Leeds United are favourites to buy Minamino. I think he'd be a good addition to the club to be honest.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

It's a good job signing from them is such a taboo because we'd have been all over all of those shite Ibe, Solanke signings.

Mediocre, overpaid, and English. Yep that is unfortunately Everton lately. Add ex-Barcelona and you’ve hit all the points

Archived