talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Calvin Ramsay - Liverpool Complete Signing

Scotland's future right back. Because all we produce is full backs 😂

Only turned 18 at the start of the season, and thrown into a struggling team but is a quality footballer. At this time is still better on the ball and attacking, than he is defensively. As such was linked with several Serie A sides with a need for wing backs.

Local press has Aberdeen holding out for £4 million with adds on. And seems to be only a matter of time before a deal is agreed. Has a slight frame, so would expect him to be more involved with reserve team football in the immediate future, rather than put out on loan or immediately into the first team.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Think we've been linked too but have absolutely no chance up against Liverpool.

I disagree. Guaranteed playing time instead of second to that other guy whose name I'm forgetting.

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Spike said:

I disagree. Guaranteed playing time instead of second to that other guy whose name I'm forgetting.

Not sure if his time would be guaranteed here with Ricardo Pereira, Justin, Castagne ahead of him. But the latter two there can play LB too, so if Ramsay was signed, he could be good competition for Ricardo.

47 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not sure if his time would be guaranteed here with Ricardo Pereira, Justin, Castagne ahead of him. But the latter two there can play LB too, so if Ramsay was signed, he could be good competition for Ricardo.

Why does Leicester have so many players?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Looks a great prospect. Us paying about £13m for him and Carvalho is ruining English football though isn't it @Storts:ph34r:

Hoovering up young talent to stagnate in the reserves. Disgusting 

£4.5m up front, with £3.5m add ons based on appearances. With a 20% sell on fee. Aberdeen will be delighted with the finances, and Ramsay gets a great move. A great deal for both club and player.

Will be taking some notice of Liverpool's games this season, but wouldn't expect too many appearances straight away. Hopefully a few substitute appearances now and again, and a few appearances in the domestic cups.

Will hopefully be watching him at Hampden in a couple years time, as he becomes Scotland's right back for the next decade.

8 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

£4.5m up front, with £3.5m add ons based on appearances. With a 20% sell on fee. Aberdeen will be delighted with the finances, and Ramsay gets a great move. A great deal for both club and player.

Will be taking some notice of Liverpool's games this season, but wouldn't expect too many appearances straight away. Hopefully a few substitute appearances now and again, and a few appearances in the domestic cups.

Will hopefully be watching him at Hampden in a couple years time, as he becomes Scotland's right back for the next decade.

I've just watched some highlights of him today ... what a left foot he has for a right back!?!?

Looks quality.

55 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I've just watched some highlights of him today ... what a left foot he has for a right back!?!?

Looks quality.

Guessing you seen the goal against Dundee then? 😄 Was a quality goal.

He has undoubted quality with the ball, and very confident in possession. Very much a modern full back.

3 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Makes me feel a bit bad for him that Trent's not that much older than him and is pretty much nailed on to start when fit in most matches... but I do like the sound of that.

I'm pleased for the lad and I hope he find a place. I've always been an Aberdeen supporter in Scottish Football from back when Ferguson was the Manager. I'm not sure if he'll get much first team time for now but I'm sure he'll feature in the early cup runs

• The title was changed to Calvin Ramsay - Liverpool Complete Signing

Archived