talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bournemouth Set to Sign Nathan Ake

• Administrator

Only £20m for a young player with decent potential.

Plenty more clubs must have been seriously interested but I presume he wanted to go to Bournemouth following his loan spell last season. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Bournemouth are building a side that'll keep them up for years. While I don't quite buy the whole fairytale as they did have a very decent backing in the football league, it's impressive what a club of that size is doing.

Isn't it about time people stopped calling Bournemouth "plucky" now? They've bought their way into the Premier League, often flouting Football League rules in the process. Yes, they had a bit of a remarkable spell in Eddie Howe's first spell but since these Russians have come in, they've thrown money at it and that's a big part of why they're where they are. 

Still, £20m for a 22 year-old who's nowhere near his prime but has stood out at Bournemouth and Watford is a bargain. 

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
25 minutes ago, True Blue said:

They can't raid anything because we have a buy back clause. We pay 40 mill and it's done. However i don't think he is a big improvement on the current crop of cb's.

I think he & Rudiger could form a decent partnership. Zouma doesn't strike me as someone capable of holding down a CB place because he can be clumsy sometimes and just seems a bit car-crash esque. 

Having said that, I wonder if Chelsea will go for someone a bit more established in top-level football and start paying big money again from January...

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Tomori and Rudiger will form a decent partnership. There is genuinely no need for Ake and he was only considered given the nature of Rudiger’s injury. He’s fully fit now. 

Good point - forgot about Tomori. Better off sticking with those 2 as opposed to Ake.

I can see Ake going to somewhere like Spurs when Jan or Alderweireld leave. 

54 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Ake would be perfect for Arsenal, a left sided playing defender, seems calm on the ball.

He's Dutch of course he would be ;)

22 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Nothing to do with that, he just is much better to what we have and is good at playing out of the back, also he has leadership qualities.  

I'm joking mate. That's why there was a wink.;) Although let's be fair mate you are very biased towards anything Dutch. Not having a go at you though we all have biases.

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm joking mate. That's why there was a wink.;) Although let's be fair mate you are very biased towards anything Dutch. Not having a go at you though we all have biases.

I just watch them play alot so I know a lot about them but not biased really its just that I know what they can do as I have seen them do it. 

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

I just watch them play alot so I know a lot about them but not biased really its just that I know what they can do as I have seen them do it. 

You are biased mate. It's very obvious. 

Archived