talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gabriel Jesus Completes Move from Man City to Arsenal

• The title was changed to Gabriel Jesus - Arsenal and Chelsea lead race.
  • The title was changed to Gabriel Jesus - Arsenal and Chelsea Lead Race for Man City Striker
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're him you do wonder what the score is at Chelsea seeing as Lukaku is still at the club, I don't think Jesus will want to drop down to a club like Chelsea from City and play another fringe role on the wing.

28 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The optimist in me believes Lukaku is going to Inter. 

Inzaghi is pushing for it now. 

And he will be playing like the reincarnation of o fenomeno  the moment he joins

it actually does my head in how different he is in Italy 

17 hours ago, Spike said:

And he will be playing like the reincarnation of o fenomeno  the moment he joins

it actually does my head in how different he is in Italy 

In fairness he scored 20, 25, 26 and 27 goals over 4 seasons in England with Everton and United. Talent is there it just comes down to how he is used and I don’t think he is used correctly at Chelsea. On top of that the two seasons in Italy he played under Antonio Conte which is a massive step up in his coaching prior to that and now.

3 hours ago, Danny said:

In fairness he scored 20, 25, 26 and 27 goals over 4 seasons in England with Everton and United. Talent is there it just comes down to how he is used and I don’t think he is used correctly at Chelsea. On top of that the two seasons in Italy he played under Antonio Conte which is a massive step up in his coaching prior to that and now.

That just goals scored, I’m talking about his style. You’d think he was a different person

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

With Haaland not picking he's number yet there must be a real chance that Jesus is going to leave

Sounds like Haaland isn't comfortable at City. First impressions aren't good and he already wants to leave!

Where do we think he's a better fit, Arsenal or Chelsea?

I think at Chelsea he's in a better position in the immediate term of winning things and I think he fits in pretty nicely. I think at Arsenal though he'd probably get to be the main man in the attack and maybe that appeals to him.

Arsenal in talks now according to SSN

On 14/06/2022 at 18:03, Dr. Gonzo said:

Where do we think he's a better fit, Arsenal or Chelsea?

I think at Chelsea he's in a better position in the immediate term of winning things and I think he fits in pretty nicely. I think at Arsenal though he'd probably get to be the main man in the attack and maybe that appeals to him.

Arsenal 100%. The one advantage Arsenal have over Chelsea and United is direction and stability in knowing how to play and how to create chances for their players. Gabriel goes to Arsenal and he will either get top 4 or put himself in the shop window again with a 20-30 goal season.

30 minutes ago, Danny said:

Arsenal 100%. The one advantage Arsenal have over Chelsea and United is direction and stability in knowing how to play and how to create chances for their players.

How does this make sense when Chelsea are 4th in Big Chances Created and Arsenal are 17th? Chelsea have an xG of 1.96 and Arsenal 1.86? Chelsea 3rd in possession and Arsenal 8th? 

The one advantage Arsenal have is Edu and the Brasilian connections he has with player agents. That's it. 

57 minutes ago, Cicero said:

How does this make sense when Chelsea are 4th in Big Chances Created and Arsenal are 17th? Chelsea have an xG of 1.96 and Arsenal 1.86? Chelsea 3rd in possession and Arsenal 8th? 

The one advantage Arsenal have is Edu and the Brasilian connections he has with player agents. That's it. 

I think you have better world class players and Arsenal don’t really have that but we’ve seen you struggling with what system to play for most of Tuchel’s tenure no?

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I can see Chelsea dropping out of the top 4 next season. They just seem very 'bland' under Tuchel.

It depends on how the transfer window ends but I think Arteta and Arsenal will surprise a few people next season

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

It depends on how the transfer window ends but I think Arteta and Arsenal will surprise a few people next season

Yeah me too. I think City, Liverpool and Spurs are nailed on top 3. It's between Arsenal and Chelsea for 4th in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

I think you have better world class players and Arsenal don’t really have that but we’ve seen you struggling with what system to play for most of Tuchel’s tenure no?

We do, but we are still miles better in the offensive third than Arsenal which is why I disagree with your statement. 

Arsenal have worse odds to finish in the Top 4 this next season than they did last season so to each their own. 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah me too. I think City, Liverpool and Spurs are nailed on top 3. It's between Arsenal and Chelsea for 4th in my opinion.

City yes. With Liverpool we have to see how your new setup works with Nunez. Spurs are Spurs. I'd say only Man City are guaranteed to finish top 4. The rest could be in or out, it wouldn't surprise me.

I can see him going down the same route of Willian, Pepe, Lacazette, Aubamayang after signing last contract where he will have bursts throughout the season where you can see exactly why Arsenal were willing to fork out significant wages on that player but just spends most of the season cold. Hope I'm wrong for Arsenal's sake.

12 minutes ago, Danny said:

In a strange turn of events former Newcastle United player Jose Enrique is confirming Gabriel Jesus to Arsenal as both clubs have agreed a deal….??

Good signing if true. That's some strike force arsenal will have.

30 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I can see him going down the same route of Willian, Pepe, Lacazette, Aubamayang after signing last contract where he will have bursts throughout the season where you can see exactly why Arsenal were willing to fork out significant wages on that player but just spends most of the season cold. Hope I'm wrong for Arsenal's sake.

I think he’s proven he can remain consistent if consistently fed by his team teams. Don’t think it’s fair to compare to Willian who was washed up, Pepe or Lacazette that were unproven in the PL and Auba who went cold in his 30s after a couple of 30 goal scoring seasons for Arsenal

1 hour ago, Danny said:

I think he’s proven he can remain consistent if consistently fed by his team teams. Don’t think it’s fair to compare to Willian who was washed up, Pepe or Lacazette that were unproven in the PL and Auba who went cold in his 30s after a couple of 30 goal scoring seasons for Arsenal

As I said, hope I'm wrong for Arsenal's sake.

• The title was changed to Gabriel Jesus Completes Move from Man City to Arsenal

Archived