• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gabriel Jesus Completes Move from Man City to Arsenal

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Seems weird he's going for more than Sterling? Is it because of Sterling's wages?

May also be due to contract length remaining?

I have my suspicions over his consistency but the reality is Arsenal need a striker that presses heavily and gets others involved. Lacazette was good at that but only scored something like 4-6 league goals last season so even if Jesus gets 8-10 it's an improvement.

Eddie Nketiah signing a new contract looks like a shrewd move. We saw in the last 8 - 10 games last season how much he likes to shoot. So having him as an option with 20 minutes to go and five substitutes should be pretty important. It adds another dimension albeit he will limit the effectiveness of wide forwards like Saka.

• The title was changed to Gabriel Jesus Completes Move from Man City to Arsenal
37 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

man city are trimming the fat and adding quality.   probably favourites to win the league.   it will all depend on Haalands injury history.

We just won the league without playing a striker, don't think it will be an issue :4_joy:

3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

man city are trimming the fat and adding quality.   probably favourites to win the league.   it will all depend on Haalands injury history.

Everyone forget's they have also signed Alverez, another Striker. He will get his chances.

He's certainly not there just to make up the numbers. One to watch.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Everyone forget's they have also signed Alverez, another Striker. He will get his chances.

He's certainly not there just to make up the numbers. One to watch.

Listened to a podcast where they were talking about this. I think there's more riding on this season than people think. City are notorious for new signings taking time to fit in and adapt, Haaland is moving from a different league, Alvarez from a different continent and Cole Palmer who will be rotating as a winger has never played consistent high level football.

Sterling and Jesus might not have been world beaters recently but they have the pedigree needed to compete for titles.

Very good debut in pre-season. Great movement, link up, and finishing. Scored 2 after coming on for the second half. Could've had 4 if the Nurnberg defenders didn't decide to score OGs...

22 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Very good debut in pre-season. Great movement, link up, and finishing. Scored 2 after coming on for the second half. Could've had 4 if the Nurnberg defenders didn't decide to score OGs...

Essentially why he was exactly what you needed vs a target man. 

6 hours ago, 6666 said:

I think he'll be class for you tbh.

I'm honestly surprised City have let him go and are letting Sterling go in the same window

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived