talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australia vs Peru - World Cup Qualifier Playoff

football forum

40 minutes ago, nudge said:

The former legendary and also most disgusting pub in Phnom Penh which was frequented by junkies, geriatric sexpats, underaged prostitutes and worn out hookers on ice.

But I'm sure that's not what @Michael meant :ph34r:

Garuanteed my father has been there

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, nudge said:

The former legendary and also most disgusting pub in Phnom Penh which was frequented by junkies, geriatric sexpats, underaged prostitutes and worn out hookers on ice.

Ah how did I miss that spot haha

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Commiserations to @Mpache and Paddington Bear.

Well done to Australia, a solid performance from them, they battled hard all match and then held their nerve in the penalty shoot-out. Who was saying Australia aren't going to beat Peru?  France and Denmark will be very difficult opponents for the Aussies at the World Cup, but they'll hope to get the better of the Tunisians at least. 

It’s a shame that we have two of the same countries as we did in 2018… (denmark and France) and the other being…Peru. Boring haha 

53 minutes ago, nudge said:

Never been to the one in Phnom Penh, sounds like an utter shithole. 🙄

I think that it's very unfortunate that many of these Far Eastern countries attract the wrong kind of tourists. Many of the losers in the West, seem to be attracted to the East, in order to carry out their depraved activities and take advantage of the locals there.

I can assure you that the Walkabouts in the UK are nothing like the one you described in Cambodia. Well at least the ones that I have frequented.😎

Australia have a resilience that can see them play better than the sum of their parts.

They still don't take their chances but they can be harder to beat than they should be otherwise.

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I disagree. 

Come on, his comment is pretty accurate against a much fancied Peru (who were fuckign dreadful against half an a-league side until the 106th minute - mainly thanks to Australia's setup.)

14 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Come on, his comment is pretty accurate against a much fancied Peru (who were fuckign dreadful against half an a-league side until the 106th minute - mainly thanks to Australia's setup.)

Peru are pretty mediocre. They are a team who made it to that play off spot by playing better than the sum of their parts. 

This is the ONLY competitive result where Australia outperformed my expectations in the last 6 years or so. And it was a 0-0. Not a win, but managed to avoid defeat and go through on penalties. 
Australia are going to have the same problem they had last world cup. You want upset results? You need goals from open play. Australia can't do that. 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Toinho said:

Ah how did I miss that spot haha

Haha, think it actually closed a year before your trip to Cambodia. It ran 24/7 without a break since 1998, and then the owner decided to close it in 2016 after the landlord doubled the rent. 

9 hours ago, Michael said:

Never been to the one in Phnom Penh, sounds like an utter shithole. 🙄

I think that it's very unfortunate that many of these Far Eastern countries attract the wrong kind of tourists. Many of the losers in the West, seem to be attracted to the East, in order to carry out their depraved activities and take advantage of the locals there.

I can assure you that the Walkabouts in the UK are nothing like the one you described in Cambodia. Well at least the ones that I have frequented.😎

Still much, much better than the cheap brothels trafficking young girls catering to the locals. 

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Haha, think it actually closed a year before your trip to Cambodia. It ran 24/7 without a break since 1998, and then the owner decided to close it in 2016 after the landlord doubled the rent. 

Still much, much better than the cheap brothels trafficking young girls catering to the locals. 

Horrendous stuff though hey. I walked through a dodgy street and saw clearly young girls(my guess is 15-16?) being led around by older women trying to get them to take blokes home. 

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Our keeper was being a knob through most of the shootout

FB_IMG_1655191797145.jpg

He’s our knob. Although still home grudges for simile antics in the grand final between us and Shitney in 2019. 

• 8 months later...
On 13/06/2022 at 17:37, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Peru are pretty mediocre. They are a team who made it to that play off spot by playing better than the sum of their parts. 

This is the ONLY competitive result where Australia outperformed my expectations in the last 6 years or so. And it was a 0-0. Not a win, but managed to avoid defeat and go through on penalties. 
Australia are going to have the same problem they had last world cup. You want upset results? You need goals from open play. Australia can't do that. 

Harry's post ended up ageing extremely well, but I agree with you on the mediocrity part. Since Guerrero has been removed from the national team we don't have the same leadership nor strength in attack. Even though I like Lapadula, he's not quite the same. We are very good in defence, but otherwise we aren't amazing. We were far better back in 2018.

Archived