talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

League A - Group 1-4 Fixtures - 12-14th June, 2022

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Southgate really getting shown up these 4 games, tactically not been with it at all. Needs to sharpen up quickly even if it is end of season

I just dunno how he can salvage it 5 months from a world cup and England suddenly looking like they've got no identity like the Hodgson days.

I know this wasn't the strongest England team, but to lose 4 nil is embarrassing. Obviously Hungary are a strong side in their own right, who've given many top national teams tough matches, but England losing 4 nil at home is just not on.

35 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I just dunno how he can salvage it 5 months from a world cup and England suddenly looking like they've got no identity like the Hodgson days.

I don’t think this point is about salvaging anything. We’ve been good for a long time now, the last week or two we haven’t but it’s end of season, players have played in a gruelling campaign domestically and in Europe.

Wait till September, that’s when we can either come away with some hope or feel like we’re in for an uphill battle

16 minutes ago, Danny said:

I don’t think this point is about salvaging anything. We’ve been good for a long time now, the last week or two we haven’t but it’s end of season, players have played in a gruelling campaign domestically and in Europe.

Wait till September, that’s when we can either come away with some hope or feel like we’re in for an uphill battle

It's an useless excuse since it's end of season for Hungarian players as well.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived