talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Vincent Kompany is Burnley's New Manager

With Burnley getting a new manager.. We've been hearing for weeks before this month even started that a new manager would be in place "next week" almost a month back 

Vincent Kompany was the main man being mentioned but why isn't it happening 

Rooney 

Barton 

Wilder 

Braga manager and others been linked too. 

Seems like another piss take off the yanks to me. 

14 players leaving too 

• The title was changed to Burnley's Next Manager
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I wouldn't touch Barton with a 10-foot barge pole, Rooney maybe but out of the 3 Wilder.

Seriously, wtf has Barton done to warrant any consideration for a coaching role?  The guy brings trouble with him wherever he goes.  It's got to be a windup.  I wouldn't want him anywhere near my club, academy or otherwise.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Coma said:

Seriously, wtf has Barton done to warrant any consideration for a coaching role?  The guy brings trouble with him wherever he goes.  It's got to be a windup.  I wouldn't want him anywhere near my club, academy or otherwise.

He would have his brother working beside him as his assistant in the thuggery department if he had the chance. :coffee:

To be honest boys most of the names linked are shit.. 

If we had Kompany he'll have decent contacts and maybe bring some decent kids in on loan. 

I want to see decent attacking football back. I'll be honest im not overly bothered about going straight back to. Just want a decent season. Be a bonus if we was to go back up. Unlike last time where we went down and kept majority of the squad together, this time it's a rebuild because of the amount of players leaving 

Id give Collins the captains armband now.mee and tarkowski have gone 

End up being jack Cork, or Westwood though 

7 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Well @Claret and Blue, you have your wish.

Kompany has been named Burnley manager.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61586687

Yep happy enough with that. Think they'll give him some backing. I want to see some decent football 

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Seems like a risky move for him, tbh considering Burnley's precarious financial situation and that it'll be likely they have to replace a lot of experienced players this season.

You wouldn't of thought he would come if he's not gonna see a bean. We might get some decent loan players in. Like you've said a lot of experience has walked out of the door and for absolutely fuck all too which makes it worse 

Just now, Claret and Blue said:

Yep happy enough with that. Think they'll give him some backing. I want to see some decent football 

You wouldn't of thought he would come if he's not gonna see a bean. We might get some decent loan players in. Like you've said a lot of experience has walked out of the door and for absolutely fuck all too which makes it worse 

Yeah, I think the fact he's got close ties to City might be pretty helpful for you in terms of getting some decent loan players in from them.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, I think the fact he's got close ties to City might be pretty helpful for you in terms of getting some decent loan players in from them.

Cole palmer and delap would do

😂 

Keep mentioning a young cb too forgot his name. If it wasn't for the financial situation I wouldn't be overly arsed about going straight back up either but really we need 2 

On 14/06/2022 at 20:33, Claret and Blue said:

Cole palmer and delap would do

😂 

Keep mentioning a young cb too forgot his name. If it wasn't for the financial situation I wouldn't be overly arsed about going straight back up either but really we need 2 

How likely are Burnley to keep their more valuable players like Pope, Tarkowski and McNeil? More likely to have to cash in on them now, to reduce their debt, or gamble on them being good enough for a quick return to the EPL?

11 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

How likely are Burnley to keep their more valuable players like Pope, Tarkowski and McNeil? More likely to have to cash in on them now, to reduce their debt, or gamble on them being good enough for a quick return to the EPL?

I think Tarkowski's already on his way out, going to Everton on a free (I think) - but his contract is up at the end of the month and I don't think he's going to be renewing it. I'm fairly certain he's agreed a deal with Everton, but I'm not sure if that's true or rumours. @RandoEFCwould know better than me.

22 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Tarkowski gone already. Mcneil im not too fussed about. Can't see pope stopping. Nobody really knows how much we've got. Probably better off asking people who've no connection to burnley they seem to know best. 

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Tarkowski has signed for Everton. Apparently they're not announcing it until the end of June when his contract with Burnley is officially up because... reasons? But it's done.

Reasons. 

He said 2 years ago that he wanted to leave. Given us decent service in that time.. 

Never really let us down. Good luck to him southgate the big nose cunt might give him more chances now he's moved 

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

Reasons. 

He said 2 years ago that he wanted to leave. Given us decent service in that time.. 

Never really let us down. Good luck to him southgate the big nose cunt might give him more chances now he's moved 

Yeah I wasn't disputing his reasons for the move. I saw something on Twitter about us apparently delaying the announcement because of the "sensitive" relationship between Everton and Burnley from the end of last season. Presumably referring to the FFP appeal thing. Just sounds a bit odd to me so not sure I'm buying it.

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Tarkowski has signed for Everton. Apparently they're not announcing it until the end of June when his contract with Burnley is officially up because... reasons? But it's done.

I think that's normal for free transfers - because technically he's still at Burnley until the end of the month (much like Origi's still at LFC until the end of the month). Some clubs release players with a month left to go (paying out the remaining weeks of the contract) - like United has done this season with a few players - but that's not really the norm.

Tarkowski will give 💯 % just a shiter on our part that both him and mee gone at same time. Been a superb partnership for us. End of the day it wasn't really our defence that let us down it was lack of goals from the strikers and midfield the goals return from midfield was pathetic 

Ben Mee keeps getting linked with Leeds 

6 hours ago, Claret and Blue said:

Tarkowski will give 💯 % just a shiter on our part that both him and mee gone at same time. Been a superb partnership for us. End of the day it wasn't really our defence that let us down it was lack of goals from the strikers and midfield the goals return from midfield was pathetic 

Ben Mee keeps getting linked with Leeds 

Not even seen that rumour once on our end.

Can't see it either. We have quite a few CB's and we need to fill other areas before we look at improving there.

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

Not even seen that rumour once on our end.

Can't see it either. We have quite a few CB's and we need to fill other areas before we look at improving there.

Was on 1 of the Burnley sites other week. Either turf Moor loyal or 1 of the others. One things for sure he'll end up in the Premier. 

Plus he'd be free. Good leader too. 

1 hour ago, Claret and Blue said:

Was on 1 of the Burnley sites other week. Either turf Moor loyal or 1 of the others. One things for sure he'll end up in the Premier. 

Plus he'd be free. Good leader too. 

Not for me. I don't think he's significantly better than what we have and we have two terrific youngsters in Charlie Cresswell and Leo Hjelde who are the future in that position at our club.

He will be ok though. I'd fancy a newly promoted club to snap him up. Forest should be all over it.

• The title was changed to Vincent Kompany is Burnley's New Manager
20 hours ago, Lucas said:

Not for me. I don't think he's significantly better than what we have and we have two terrific youngsters in Charlie Cresswell and Leo Hjelde who are the future in that position at our club.

He will be ok though. I'd fancy a newly promoted club to snap him up. Forest should be all over it.

Your defence was absolute shit. Where's these decent centre backs 

Archived