talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Vincent Kompany is Burnley's New Manager

On 14/06/2022 at 20:33, Claret and Blue said:

Cole palmer and delap would do

😂 

Keep mentioning a young cb too forgot his name. If it wasn't for the financial situation I wouldn't be overly arsed about going straight back up either but really we need 2 

Egan-Riley? ..we have alot of really good young players i'm sure Kompany could loan for free from us like McAtee, Lavia, Delap, Doyle, Edozie, Sodje ..not sure if you could get Palmer because Pep's got him with the first team

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Egan-Riley? ..we have alot of really good young players i'm sure Kompany could loan for free from us like McAtee, Lavia, Delap, Doyle, Edozie, Sodje ..not sure if you could get Palmer because Pep's got him with the first team

Doyle is ours. :ph34r:

19 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Whatever defender it is he was on loan at stoke.. We'll see. Reckon he'll try grabbing a couple. Just watched his full interview. Cool laid back doesn't get carried away. Wants to play decent football end entertain the fans. 

Let's see it it works out 

2 hours ago, Claret and Blue said:

Whatever defender it is he was on loan at stoke.. We'll see. Reckon he'll try grabbing a couple. Just watched his full interview. Cool laid back doesn't get carried away. Wants to play decent football end entertain the fans. 

Let's see it it works out 

Harwood-Bellis i think it was ..i'm sure Kompany will have MCFC and Pep on speed dial 😂 hope he does well

4 hours ago, Claret and Blue said:

Your defence was absolute shit. Where's these decent centre backs 

Not that simple is it.

You can't disregard the fact it's down to the way the team was set up under Bielsa (We attacked all sides and left ourselves open) as well as injuries to key individuals like Cooper and the added protection of Phillips. When Marsch came in we tighted up far better. The stats back that up.

Mee is 32. Not significantly better than Llorente, Cooper or Koch. He might be the better defender of those four but not enough to warrent taking more wage space. What's the point? 

Whose to say Mee will be any better than at Burnley? He might be more exposed in a different side that plays the ball out from the back.

We have two quality youngsters coming through, why block their pathway? They will be the future soon and they look far better than what we have.

It's just not how we do things. We build for the future, hense why we sign so many young players. We rarely get players in over 28, let alone 30, especially if they aren't significantly better than we have.

Mee should go to Forest. They need the experience.

22 hours ago, Lucas said:

Not that simple is it.

You can't disregard the fact it's down to the way the team was set up under Bielsa (We attacked all sides and left ourselves open) as well as injuries to key individuals like Cooper and the added protection of Phillips. When Marsch came in we tighted up far better. The stats back that up.

Mee is 32. Not significantly better than Llorente, Cooper or Koch. He might be the better defender of those four but not enough to warrent taking more wage space. What's the point? 

Whose to say Mee will be any better than at Burnley? He might be more exposed in a different side that plays the ball out from the back.

We have two quality youngsters coming through, why block their pathway? They will be the future soon and they look far better than what we have.

It's just not how we do things. We build for the future, hense why we sign so many young players. We rarely get players in over 28, let alone 30, especially if they aren't significantly better than we have.

Wage space offload one or two of the others and play him. Not being biased but I wouldn't swap mee for any of them you've mentioned when he was playing for us.. Can't see mee moving to forest to be honest think he's wanting to stop up north. 

Good luck to the young lads you've got 

• Subscriber
On 17/06/2022 at 23:14, Lucas said:

Not that simple is it.

Their left sided centre half just won player of the season and their fans really rate him. I wonder if Bournemouth is a better bet.

Seen a few Burnley fans say they prefer him to Tarkowski. Reckon he's more of the leader of the two. I don't think he'd be a bad pickup for someone really.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

Their left sided centre half just won player of the season and their fans really rate him. I wonder if Bournemouth is a better bet.

Seen a few Burnley fans say they prefer him to Tarkowski. Reckon he's more of the leader of the two. I don't think he'd be a bad pickup for someone really.

He's 💯 % a better leader that's for sure mee improves everybody who played alongside him. 

Tarkowski is a decent player though. Maybe age will catch up with Ben Mee. Nathan Collins is gonna be the next player we sell for decent money 💷 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Claret and Blue said:

He's 💯 % a better leader that's for sure mee improves everybody who played alongside him. 

Tarkowski is a decent player though. Maybe age will catch up with Ben Mee. Nathan Collins is gonna be the next player we sell for decent money 💷 

I'm reading us linked with Collins. You're surely fucked if you lose all three in the same window. I can't imagine any side losing all three of their best centre halves and taking the hit.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm reading us linked with Collins. You're surely fucked if you lose all three in the same window. I can't imagine any side losing all three of their best centre halves and taking the hit.

For 25m youve no fucking chance that wouldnt buy the leg he scored the goal against Ukraine with.. 

Unless its stupid money he ain't going anywhere 

BTW I already think Collins is as good if not better than the other 2 good leader too. Think he was Stoke captain 

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

What was the perception of Kompany at Anderlecht? Don't know anything about that league but a 45% win ratio and fourth then third in the league doesn't seem very good at all with a club like that.

The Athletic posted a good piece on him, but in short he’s more of a 4-4-2/4-2-4 manager who describes his play as possession with intent (doesn’t want to be associated with tiki-taka etc).

I think Burnley have to be patient with him.

It's one thing turning round results with a mass change of personel, but to also do it by ripping up their style will require time. He's definitely taken on a tough job IMO but I don't think he wouldn't have unless he got certain assurances.

This season should be a complete free hit for him IMO. Build a team, bring some youth through, get the team playing some nice football and finish midtable wouldn't be a bad outcome.

Puts them in the position to attack Top 6 the year after.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I think Burnley have to be patient with him.

It's one thing turning round results with a mass change of personel, but to also do it by ripping up their style will require time. He's definitely taken on a tough job IMO but I don't think he wouldn't have unless he got certain assurances.

This season should be a complete free hit for him IMO. Build a team, bring some youth through, get the team playing some nice football and finish midtable wouldn't be a bad outcome.

Puts them in the position to attack Top 6 the year after.

I don’t think it’s as difficult to change the style when you’re dropping down to the Championship and you have the squad that they do. A lot of those players can play decent football and the change might be better at a lower level, especially if they bring some quality in on top to lead the change.

After what happened with Patrick Vieira I refuse to write off a manager who has a good reputation as a player but has to radically overhaul a sides playing style. They've already been linked with a couple of good players at this level with Scott Twine being the latest. The Championship seems a lot more open than previous years so there's every reason for Burnley fans to feel optimistic that now is a pretty reasonable time to start a playing style overhaul.

We're being linked with Scott Twine. I'd be more than happy with him think he can step up to the championship no danger 

20 goals 

13 assists season just gone 

Can't half smash the ball too 

Never getting him for 4m though 

Regarding Kompany he gonna try playing decent football so we need to add some players who are better and happier oh the ball too 

2 hours ago, Claret and Blue said:

Never getting him for 4m though 

4m for a League One player is very good money. Even more so a year after empty grounds.

MK Dons got him on a free last season and have a good track record of replacing players so it's a very good flip for them too.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

4m for a League One player is very good money. Even more so a year after empty grounds.

MK Dons got him on a free last season and have a good track record of replacing players so it's a very good flip for them too.

They don't need the money though they'll screw more than that out of us 

Archived