• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2. Bundesliga 2022/2023

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Why?

Because they want to see money from player sales first. They're scared that we'll face financial difficulties again like in the early 2000s, even though reports say our finances aren't even too bad. 

They're currently even blocking Raphael Wolf's contract extension. 😐 It's all a bit weird. 

• The topic was pinned

The supervisory board keeps being a pain in the arse. They now allowed Raphael Wolf's contract extension, but we had to terminate Davor Lovren's contract before it happened. 

• 3 weeks later...

Predictions for this season? 

In no particular order:

Top 6 - HSV, Hannover, Nürnberg, Düsseldorf, Darmstadt, Paderborn

Middle 6 - Bielefeld, Fürth, Kiel, Karlsruhe, St. Pauli, Heidenheim

Bottom 6 - Regensburg, Kaiserslautern, Rostock, Magdeburg, Sandhausen, Braunschweig

General comments:

I'd like to see Hannover, Nürnberg, and Düsseldorf go up.  I think both Hannover and Nürnberg have strengthened and should be neck and neck with HSV.  I'd put Düsseldorf just below those three as it stands.

Bielefeld seems to have lost a lot of talent and I can't see them amounting to much.  I think they will be content to consolidate.  Similar with Fürth.

I'd like to see Regensburg stay up this year but I'm worried considering how many players they've lost.

Sandhausen have been battling the drop for a few seasons in a row now and I would be surprised if they stay up.  They are scrappy as hell though, so who knows. 

• Subscriber

HSV for me are massive favourites on paper, especially now with Walter in charge. But we all know their special skill to fuck up by now, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they bottle it. Still, hands down the strongest squad in terms of individual quality. It would be great to have another championship battle between 5-6 clubs like last season! I would think that Nürnberg, Düsseldorf, Hannover, Darmstadt, Bielefeld should be in the mix if that happens. 

Rostock, Sandhausen, Regensburg, Braunschweig are the main relegation candidated for me. My original bold prediction was that Magdeburg will be the surprise package and will not only manage to stay up, but actually end up in a safe mid-table position or wherabouts. But they appear to be plagued by injuries, so I'll change my bold prediction to Kaiserslautern finishing 11th :P 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Tommy said:

Good riddance. Bit late though. 

Apparently it's not a done deal.  There is some debate about who has the authority to remove him.  May become a legal fight.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Tommy said:

Nürnberg sack Robert Klauß. 

This one has been coming for awhile.  He was disappointing last year and that squad is much better than bottom 3rd of the table this year.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Karlsruhe's Marcel Franke will miss the next game, because he's donating stem cells to hopefully save a life. 👏

Lennart Thy did the same thing a few years ago when he was on loan at Venlo, and as a result, about twenty thousand people in Holland registered to become stem cell donors as well. 

I don't necessarily believe that athletes have responsibility to be role models, but it's sure nice to see stuff like that.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived