talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Raphinha Signs for Barcelona

20 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Let's see how it all pans out then in the end.. According to your theory he will be signing for us as his preferred choice which I hope is the case obviously... 

Tbh I wouldn't put past another Arda Turan scenario, where Barca sign Raphinha but they won't register him until 2023, meaning he won't play until January. 

If that is the case I have no sympathy for Raphinha given he is risking his World Cup place and future given Barca continue to play with fire. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Cicero said:

@Bluewolf 

Further evidence Romero is a shitehouse and absolute fraud. 

🚨🎖️| Barcelona are interested in Matthijs De Ligt. The Juventus defender prefers a move to La Liga. An offer of €50m is being prepared. [@gerardromero ] #fcblive

— BarcaTimes (@cIinicaIkai) July 6, 2022

He’s awful. Almost a LaLiga mouthpiece at this point.

@Cicero @Bluewolf

It will be resolved soon now.

We have agreed to sign Raphinha's replacement already, Luis Sinisterra. Everything is done except the medical and official announcement as Fab says.

This is why we have asked Barcelona to stop dicking us about and give us an answer tomorrow. Deco has pleaded for us to sell to Barca because it's what Rapha wanted and we've respected the wishes of both but they simply cannot pay the funds. No sign of matching the bid and they want to pay in three installments the bid they have made.

I didn't want him to stay in this league personally but because Barcelona have tried to pull a fast one and think they can do what they like, I'd just rather get it sorted now and go with your offer. Fuck those cunts.

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You also have Aaronson and Adams coming in. 

Yeah, Aaronson arrived ages ago just after the season finished, he's been brought in to play in the 10 role.

Adams is done, just needs to be made official, he's Phillips' replacement.

Our spending will be close to £100m now, probably about £55m once you subtract the Phillips money. Rapha's sale puts us in the black again for net spend although if worst come to the worst and he was prepared to wait, I don't think it would be horrendous for us but we wouldn't get as big a fee for him with a year left on his contract.

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

@Bluewolf 

🚨🎖️| Barcelona are interested in Matthijs De Ligt. The Juventus defender prefers a move to La Liga. An offer of €50m is being prepared. [@gerardromero ] #fcblive

I do try not to read anything into the gossip every summer and just wait for the club to confirm a signing or not but we seem to be hanging about on the street corner holding a rose waiting for our blind date to turn up... I mean how long do you wait before it dawns on you they are not going to turn up.. xD

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

@Bluewolf 

Here is another article by Team Talk on what they believe is happening... 

Raphinha: Prospect of Leeds stay increases as Chelsea give up on transfer and turn to Championship winger instead (msn.com)

Still nothing agreed today between Barcelona and Leeds for Raphinha. Barca have tried to match Chelsea’s offer but it’s add-on heavy and instalment based. Big few days ahead with Leeds losing patience and Chelsea pushing for an answer from Raphinha.

Barcelona sources have always spoke with confidence since they Know Raphinha wants to join. But he club has failed to find a solution with Leeds. Leeds now want situation resolved urgently. Raphinha open to Chelsea move as opposed to staying at Leeds. 

Leeds would prefer to sell to Chelsea and have been very impressed by Boehly in negotiations. Barcelona still hoping Leeds soften and Raphinha waits. Key Days ahead. 

— Ben Jacobs (@JacobsBen) July 7, 2022

Reports saying this should be sorted in the next 24 hours. Barca's newest offer is still shit and Leeds won't accept. 

Atm, looking likely Leeds will accept our bid and Raphinha will join us. 

Hopefully he goes to Chelsea. He'd flop at both clubs as he doesn't suit either, so hopefully Chelsea.

Players like this are the last ones on earth that the club should be wasting what little money they have on.

Bringing in these types of signings is what has almost destroyed the club in the first place. Another Coutinho/Malcom/whatever else. 

Keep prioritising youth and bringing in young Spanish talent(especially avoid the French players, fucking shite), as they are the only players who seem to truly suit the system and building teams like that is how Barça have generally had their dominant periods of success. 

Coutinho, Dembélé and Griezmann cost a total of 350 million and then a young 17 year old(Pedri) is bought for 4 million and does more than all of them put together by far.

Leeds want him at CFC as Barcelona don't want to pay up front and of course Leeds need the money to reinvest. Raphinha like every young South American with talent fancies himself at Barca.

Will he be good for us not sure though think TT rates him.  

Of course with Sterling and Raphinha where does that leave Mount and Gallager at least one would be on the bench.

Rapha trained with us today and Marsch has said after our friendly win tonight we're yet to decide if he's travelling with us.

It would make no sense to drag him over to Australia if a move was near so if Marsch is saying he could still travel, that suggests a nove isn't nearly wrapped up.

Very confused although I still expect him to end up at Chelsea.

• The title was changed to Raphinha Signs for Barcelona

Archived